Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Outrage RC

Outrage RC Outrage RC - and XP Li-Po Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-16-2011, 07:03 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
I assume you are referring to the frame materials no longer being produced in G10 ? Remember the frames are still being planned to be manufactured in CF, so the parts are still available for us current and future owners.

Other than the strange business with the tail pulley what other parts have you felt under supported ?
Not condemning.. Merely an observation of fact.
Not under supported. Rather "discontinued" and for the reason below.

To completely replace the frame kit: (upper, lower, tail, and breakaway)
before shipping:

G10 = 46.95
CF = 122.45

A difference of 75.50 Nearly three times more expensive for the carbon fiber with negligible gain in weight reduction or rigidity.

Even the orange frames that were requested by some were painted on G10 material.

The use of G10 material for the frames cannot be discounted when the only option that will be made available represents a cost three times greater than the one that was available for such a short time. Blades are blades, and there are many companies making them. Heli versions come and go.. such as the 550 LXE which never came to fruition.

Were not comparing apples to oranges here.. the frames are what make the heli... even heads, main shafts, and almost everything attached to the main frame can be modified or interchangeable much like your G5 frankenheli of old. But the frames are the core of the heli.. The thing that everything else is attached to in some way.

I’m just pointing out that the more affordable option has been removed, leaving the only option remaining to cost 3 times that of the once available alternative.

In my opinion... That’s significant to some.

F-27 Stryker, Habu, Escapade .55, P-51 .91F, Blade 400, Outrage G5, Outrage 550
Mecos is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-17-2011, 03:08 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DominicD View Post
It's simple. The CF kits out sell the G10 kits by a fair margin.
Do you have numbers? My feeling is that the numbers of G10 and CF kits sold are comparable, with the silver version being the slow moving product (remember HD selling silver 550's on ebay for $250 for the whole Spring and Summer 2010?). Also, I'm inclined to think it was just a practical decision for Outrage to go with CF for the 550 and G5. I think Outrage realized it would be less overhead to source and cut only one frame material than three, and, since they are using only CF in all their newer helis, they decided to go with CF for the 550 and G5 too.

I don't think Outrage expects many new G5 and 550 owners. As long as Outrage can make some money out of supporting existing owners, they will provide parts support. I just hope they will still make G5 an 550 kits, even if in low numbers and CF. There are those re-kit situations...

Last edited by 3Dmuse; 03-17-2011 at 06:14 PM..
3Dmuse is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2011, 04:49 PM   #43 (permalink)
The Capi

My HF Map location

I've already said too much. I'll leave the rest to Greg.
Old 03-17-2011, 06:20 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by barzaun View Post
Do you have numbers? My feeling is that the numbers of G10 and CF kits sold are comparable, with the silver version being the slow moving product (remember HD selling silver 550's on ebay for $250 for the whole Spring and Summer 2010?). Also, I'm inclined to think it was just a practical decision for Outrage to go with CF for the 550 and G5. I think Outrage realized it would be less overhead to source and cut only one frame material than three, and, since they are using only CF in all their newer helis, they decided to go with CF for the 550 and G5 too.

I don't think Outrage expects many new G5 and 550 owners. As long as Outrage can make some money out of supporting existing owners, they will provide parts support. I just hope they will still make G5 an 550 kits, even if in low numbers and CF. There are those re-kit situations...
They were selling all kits for cheap using the best offer feature. But of course, a reasonable offer was relative to which kit your purchased.

I would like to have G-10 frames still be made, but I would be more then happy as long as the 550 is still supported.
RCHO Flying Field, Knightdale NC
lazor 22 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2011, 06:35 AM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Presumably, the issue of all kits & parts being CF and no G10 would go away if the CF variants could be priced close to the current G10 prices ?
Scallybert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-19-2011, 06:12 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about some poxy Tail shafts????
DRM Black7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-24-2011, 07:19 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I got curious so i opened a ticket to larry over at HD.

FWIW:

Quote:
Brandon,

Great hearing from you! In terms of the G5 & Outrage 550, we will have more parts on the way for these kits, as we have an order setup right now. Both of these kits are still being supported, so no worries - we got you covered!!

Wishing you good flying weather! - All rain over here! :-(

If you need anything else, please let me know!
Have a Great Day! - Larry (larry@helidirect.com)
Customer Service Supervisor
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-28-2011, 05:02 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

I was on HD yesterday assembling an order of spares (readying for the crash). As I was working my way through filling up my cart, all the CF 350 blades disappeared, tail booms, spindles, tail boom supports went with it. All in a 5 minute browsing period. I think I ended up with a set of mainshafts and spindles and that was it.

This is concerning me as I just got my G5 and have not finished setting it up yet. It appears that parts are going to be difficult to obtain. I've been watching since I got it and have seen some parts out of stock everywhere for more than 3 weeks.
Old 03-29-2011, 07:27 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's making me think about an exit strategy - to a model where you can actually & reliably get parts and kits.

Regrettable. It's not something I wanted to do.
Scallybert is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 09:04 AM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexmit View Post
I was on HD yesterday assembling an order of spares (readying for the crash). As I was working my way through filling up my cart, all the CF 350 blades disappeared, tail booms, spindles, tail boom supports went with it. All in a 5 minute browsing period. I think I ended up with a set of mainshafts and spindles and that was it.

This is concerning me as I just got my G5 and have not finished setting it up yet. It appears that parts are going to be difficult to obtain. I've been watching since I got it and have seen some parts out of stock everywhere for more than 3 weeks.
Interesting, they could be re-numbering or consolidating...Or removing all together. Sigh, I sure hope its not that one.
Blade mCPX BL | MultiWii Quadrotor
branflake is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-29-2011, 02:27 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by OUTRAGE RC View Post
We will continue to support G5 and 550 parts and will eventually improve it more in the near future.

Team Outrage
www.outragerc.com
I guess the question is... Is the near future now over? It would be nice to know. I might ditch on this kit before I even equip it if the parts are going to be out of stock for weeks at a time.
Old 03-29-2011, 06:46 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

This is so annoying especially for the people that just bought kits. I wish I had the info I do now when I was purchasing. As much as I love my 550 and it's awesome design, and although I have never seen a G5 IRL I really like it too, I would not recommended anyone get this or any outrage kit for that matter...
Old 03-29-2011, 06:56 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I won't be recommending Outrage currently.. but I will fully endorse the 550 once again when the parts start flowing!
Old 04-20-2011, 11:53 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

fwiw..

i certainly hope the G5 and 550 don't die off...I finally got my G5 flying with MB flybarless...What a great heli....Noticeably better than the average 450, autos better, and is rock solid with the MB...Best tail of ay heli I've had...(and I've had a lot..... )

John.
bmlasater is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 08:31 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

The tail on the G5 and 550 are prob one of its best parts.. so many love it.

I am getting annoyed now by the incredibly long waits between parts now..

I need a new O550 base plate...

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 08:34 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I fixed up my one of my baseplates a number of times using JB Weld (the dark gray stuff) its probably stronger than when new. And even with 1 missing skid tab- a long zip tie is working just fine to bypass it.

I hope you are not grounded due to that. Fix it McGyver!
Old 04-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

i have it ca'd and gooped up.. just looks ugly

The deans separated on a flight.. dropped from 30 feet like lawn dart..

but cracked base, broke a few linkages, one radius arm and one skid..

was lucky.

I have the 1907 on 12T.. wow what a difference! No govenor mode.. still dont think its worth doing

**When you start to be in complete control reflexes are not a requirement.**
s0laris is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2011, 08:49 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by s0laris View Post
i have it ca'd and gooped up.. just looks ugly
Try the JB weld it blends in and looks pretty ok. Yeah.. I have ran with the 12T for a long time (but with Jive gov) and it's a good pinon choice for the motor and stock gear
Old 04-21-2011, 09:59 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I used JB weld on my base plate and skids, both of them broke the next crash, actually skids broke on hard landing. I'm down to my last base plate too...
Old 04-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PNl9M5TxGC8[/ame]

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in