Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Miniature Aircraft Helicopters > MA Glow

MA Glow Miniature Aircraft Glow Helicopter Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default In the works

MA may be closing up shop but I'm sure as hell still going to fly their helis. For the next year or 2 at least. Here's a picture of something I'm working on the the moment. It will be running a 750MX-450kv at a ratio of 9.25 and a double main gear. FBL head and 1:1 bell cranks. I'll be removing the majority of the height between the bottom plate and the frames to get a better CG. Should come in a fair way under 5kg with packs.

Advertisement

Old 02-14-2014, 10:59 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'll defiantly be interested!
[X]Outlaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-14-2014, 05:48 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Here's an updated picture.

I've added a brace around the motor for some added rigidity. I've designed it with a motor mount very similar to Outlaw's. Mine has 55mm of clearance so stump pullers are out of the question but 750MX's and 4235s will fit without a problem. If I milled 1mm out of each side I could fit a Pyro 750 or XNova 4530. This is the goal but I will see how the drive train copes with 4.5kW first. I'm going to run 2 x 111t Fury 55 main gears to get clearance from the antirotation bracket. This will require some machining so that it won't interfere with the crown gear. I'll also be using the 12t ultra pinion.

Because I'm removing height, I've had to add 3 degrees of angle to the heli to keep the tail out of the ground. Compared to having the motor below the main gear, I've moved the batteries up by 50mm, keeping 70mm of clearance to fit larger packs. The towers will have the MA carbon skids bolted to them while the smaller posts are what the battery plate will be mounted to. The battery plate will be parrallel with the rotor disk, only the skids will be at an angle. I'll be getting the frameset cut in 2mm polycarbonate shortly to test fit and fly. If it is not strong enough I'll get it cut in G10..

I should note that I will be cutting the bottom section off the towers so that the plate can run underneath them.
Old 02-20-2014, 06:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Didn't like the old layout so I changed it and added the lower half of an E700. Batteries will now be a breeze.

Going to run the gear ratio of 9.25 on both 12S and 14S.
Old 03-18-2014, 07:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here's an update: Frames have been cut and the heli is being assembled.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in