Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System > Align 3GX FBL System

Align 3GX FBL System Align 3GX FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-20-2012, 11:04 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Window 7 & 3GX

I had 3GX on my PC with XP pro,no problem, the new PC has windows 7, the drop down menu that the Align instructions show did not happen, during loading. It appears toload OK but when try & use it, I get an error code
"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format (Excemption from HRESULT:0x800700B)
get the same if I try to load as an Administrato & direct frm orgnal 3GX V1.1 disc

Can anyone please help
rex09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-21-2012, 06:27 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry I have no ideas, but I can tell you I run Win7 and it works fine on my machine. Not what you wanted to hear, but a point of reference. Did you try running it in XP mode? (under Win7). I am running 32 bit, not 64, more than likely you are running 64bit, and that could be a difference ??
Old 01-21-2012, 05:03 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am running WIN7 64bit and the 3GX v1.1 gave an error when loading. Downloaded v1.2 and it loaded properly and runs fine. I always run as administrator, anything else could be glitchy. You could also try running it in compatability mode as a test? Another thing to try is disable anti virus during install.

Good Luck
Ghost_Rider/AMA #974526
Ghost_Rider2010 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 08:21 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Try plugging the USB dongle to your PC first and wait for the message the new hardware is ready to use and then try to install
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 08:25 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run win7 64bit, and 75% of the time all works fine. The other 25% ill set everything up the same. Open program, turn on transmitter, turn on heli, plug dongle into 3gx then when i plug in the usb the computer does the ol blue screen crash... Pisses me off lol, i have been putting up with it, anyone have any ideas

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
Elliott000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 08:34 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elliott000 View Post
I run win7 64bit, and 75% of the time all works fine. The other 25% ill set everything up the same. Open program, turn on transmitter, turn on heli, plug dongle into 3gx then when i plug in the usb the computer does the ol blue screen crash... Pisses me off lol, i have been putting up with it, anyone have any ideas

Sent from my GT-I9100M using Tapatalk
Plug the dongle into the PC before the 3GX and wait for wondows to ready it. Open the GUI before or after, it doesn't matter. Disconnect the dongle from the 3GX first but don't disconnect it from the PC until you shut the gui down
bad007 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2012, 10:31 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Normal rule of thumb for any usb plug in device that has associated software and or drivers is to install software/drivers before plugging in the usb/dongle. Sometimes windows will setup usb devices improperly with out following this rule especialy if it thinks its something else and sets it up that way <-- can be a nightmare to get running right. You will need to manually configure the device in device manager. I always have the 3gx application running then plug the dongle that is already plugged into powered up 3gx into pc and have never had an issue yet. (knocking on wood)

Blue Skies
Ghost_Rider/AMA #974526
Old 01-23-2012, 04:27 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Read post #14 on this thread...https://www.helifreak.com/showthread...=321125&page=2

It'll get ya up and going.
Scott Evil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 09:28 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rex09 View Post
I had 3GX on my PC with XP pro,no problem, the new PC has windows 7, the drop down menu that the Align instructions show did not happen, during loading. It appears toload OK but when try & use it, I get an error code
"An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format (Excemption from HRESULT:0x800700B)
get the same if I try to load as an Administrato & direct frm orgnal 3GX V1.1 disc

Can anyone please help
How are you doing on this? From your orig post, it sounded like you may not have installed it properly. To get our terminology correct, you need to Download the progarm from the Align site. This is a RAR file. Windows does not have a program to extract this file, so you need to download Winrar (which is free). Then using winrar, you extract the files. Then you run the setup.exe program which is what you extracted, and this program does the actual install. During this step you should see a request to run a program...and you have to click 'YES".

Now you should have the 3GX icon on your desktop , and you are ready to run the 3GX tool.

You may already have figured out all of this...hope it is working..

Dan
dpinvidic is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-24-2012, 08:17 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm quoting mgorgis here because it got my 3GX functional on my WIN7 laptop very easily...

Quote:
The language problem is due to the installation folder. When you start installation, it suggests "C:\Program Files (x86)\ALIGN\3GX\" but what I did is that I changed the path to "C:\Program Files\ALIGN\3GX\" and it works fine. Reason is that it's looking for the lang.txt file and it's looking för it under "C:\Program Files\ALIGN\3GX\"
Hope this helps.
This should be a "Sticky" until all the failed install software filters through the western hemisphere.
Scott Evil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2012, 12:30 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It does not run under win xp/7 64 bit. Changing the folder also does not help. Compatibility mode also does not work.

I ended up using my other PC with win7 32 bit and win xp 32 bit when using 3gx.
Old 02-04-2012, 01:36 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riff View Post
It does not run under win xp/7 64 bit. Changing the folder also does not help. Compatibility mode also does not work.

I ended up using my other PC with win7 32 bit and win xp 32 bit when using 3gx.
Not trying to stir any pot's! No disrespect or ill intenet!

Just dont want people thinking it doesnt work at all as indicated when it does work.

I am running win7 home premium 64bit on a toshiba satelite laptop and the 3gx software v1.1 and v1.2 run fine with out doing anything. No change in the default setup at all.

I am sure there are issues due to hardware/software/setup on different types of systems. But to say it doesnt work is simply not true.

Blue Skies
Ghost_Rider/AMA #974526
Old 02-06-2012, 03:03 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks for all the suggestions, I got it going buy having the dongle plugged into the powered up 3GX & then starting the program, it now starts even if not plugged in, Thanks again
rex09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2014, 12:27 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

"Thanks for all the suggestions, I got it going buy having the dongle plugged into the powered up 3GX & then starting the program, it now starts even if not plugged in, Thanks again"

This worked for me on an ASUS Vista 64 machine... Looked for several days and then found this at end of Thread...!!!

Thanks a bunch
rleap is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in