Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > Heli-Max Helicopters

Heli-Max Helicopters Heli-Max Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-14-2013, 06:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default AXE 100 SS/SSL parts that fit AXE 100 CP

Hi everyone, this is my first thread here.

I started this thread to track which parts from the AXE 100 SS/SSL can be used without modification (or with) on the AXE 100 CP. We tried a CP when Tower dropped their price to $65, even though with 4 month flying a 1SQ we weren't really quite ready for it. OK my son was, he easily flips and fly the CP inverted without issue, I do not.

We like the CP so much that since Tower has had them for $50, we have bought 2 more. One for parts, and a 2nd flyer.

1) Landing skids - since the SS/SSL skids are reenforced where the CP usually break we wanted to try these. We ordered the SS part # HMXE2192:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p??&I=LXDHFM
It looks to be a direct replacement. I'm guessing the battery holder is slightly different size, but will work.
We have not tried this yet, as surprisingly, we haven't broken any skids lately.

2) SS Canopy and Tail Rotor - HMXE2187 and HMXE2188
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p??&I=LXDHFG
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p??&I=LXDHFH
These of course fit perfect, and one of our AXE 100 CPs is now green.

3) Tail boom - HMXG8033
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...01p??&I=LXDHFZ
As the Plastic tail (the part that drops down to keep the rear rotor off the ground) looks more rugged than the CP version, and we break a lot of those, I was anxious to try this.
It does NOT fit. The new boom is slightly larger than the CP one, and is not going to fit without modification. Guess we are going to have to get an SS to use this boom on.

Most parts like Squash plate, .. are interchangeable, but anyone with experience trying other parts, please post your results here.

Because I think all threads are better with pictures, here is our Heli-Max collection:
CBR240 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2013, 02:50 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The SS/SSL landing skids do NOT fit the AXE 100 CP.

I had hoped the SS/SSL Landing skids (SS part # HMXE2192) would fit the AXE 100 CP as they are re-enforce right where we normally break ours CP's skids.

Besides the expected issues with the larger battery holder, the SS/SSL screw holes are narrower side to side than the CP, Left to right the holes just don't line up. I've give some thought to drilling the skids or CP frame but that would weaken what I drill.

Just thought I post my experience in case anyone else was thinking of trying the newer skids.
Old 07-27-2014, 12:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Does the 400mah battery of the Axe 100 ss/ssl work in the CP?
crazycorkey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-28-2014, 06:11 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

The 400 mha battery for the SS does not really fit the CP. You can push really hard and get it in, but:

It is a pain to get it in
It is too long, and even if you do get it in, without modification it think it's going to be tail heavy.
The stock 200 mha battery weighs about 6 g, the 400 mah about 12 g. I think on the CP you are REALLY going to feel the extra 6g. But I have not tried this myself.

The ones I like in our AXE100 CP,, and the 1SQ are these Nanotechs 300 mah:
http://www.hobbyking.com/hobbyking/s..._Pro_100_.html

About 9g. They had them in the US warehouse, but I can't find them at the moment.

I change all the little white connectors to micro deans. I don't like the stock connectors. I think the above have polarity correct for the AXE, but if you do get them, check that as I am not sure.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in