Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2013, 05:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Trying to decide which system to go with

So I have searched quite a bit to find out as much info as I can. Is there a forum comparing the various models? I'm looking at the Ikon, Beast, or the Futaba. Now I see quite a few of you are running the VBar. Any info would be greatly appreciated and I apologize in advance if I just happened to miss a topic referencing this topic.

Al

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
FlightTimeRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-09-2013, 08:28 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, I've been searching/reading for the gospel truth about the flybarless units on the market also... If you're lucky a high-time heli guri will chime in and detail all the different units he has tried... but consider that some of these guys are pure Mikado Logo heli guys and they have not tried all the units on, say, Align or Compass type models... from what I gather, and I hope guys with real experience jump in, the BeastX is robotic but reliable, the Futaba is great, but is it just for a Futaba radio? The Vbar has sort of a cult following, flys well, probably is best on a Mikado product,has bluetooth connect, but I've noticed guys posting that they are leaving Vbar for other units... the Bavarian Demon is fantastic if money is no object and the self level is excellent, the iKon is great also, has great adjustability for "feel", great vibration resistance and self level works IF you reduce your vibes...and has bluetooth connectivity also, plus I've read that Tareq (who I am not sure is even human) now uses it...(that's why I bought it) (maybe 1% will rub off) (but I doubt it)
Airscrew is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 08:38 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry, one more thing to add, the iKon (Brain, TracX are the same unit) set-up wizard is a great idea, but could probably use a minor rewrite to clear up some areas, now that the units' popularity has really taken off...
Old 12-09-2013, 08:48 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Default Trying to decide which system to go with

Yeah, I noticed the cult like following for the vbar as well. I was going through the thread about you current setup and page after page it was the vbar. I was intrigued by the ikon from the time I started reading about them. I've been a Futaba guy for many years that's why I considered them. And as for the Beast, I can get a very good deal on one. However I still find myself going back to the ikon. Just read a good review in this months RotorWorld.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
FlightTimeRC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-09-2013, 09:41 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup, I'm a bang for the buck guy, my T500 is getting set up right now with the Align Gel tape under the iKon, (with the fuel line zip-tie hold down trick) (they say the Gel tape works properly when it has pressure on it) hope that makes the self-level work properly....just got the bluetooth adapter for the unit, which needs a phone/tablet wtih the Android operating system..... that Bavarian Demon has me thinking also, if I find a pot of gold...
Old 12-10-2013, 08:24 AM   #6 (permalink)
CHC Benefactor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Airscrew View Post
Yeah, I've been searching/reading for the gospel truth about the flybarless units on the market also... If you're lucky a high-time heli guri will chime in and detail all the different units he has tried... but consider that some of these guys are pure Mikado Logo heli guys and they have not tried all the units on, say, Align or Compass type models... from what I gather, and I hope guys with real experience jump in, the BeastX is robotic but reliable, the Futaba is great, but is it just for a Futaba radio? The Vbar has sort of a cult following, flys well, probably is best on a Mikado product,has bluetooth connect, but I've noticed guys posting that they are leaving Vbar for other units... the Bavarian Demon is fantastic if money is no object and the self level is excellent, the iKon is great also, has great adjustability for "feel", great vibration resistance and self level works IF you reduce your vibes...and has bluetooth connectivity also, plus I've read that Tareq (who I am not sure is even human) now uses it...(that's why I bought it) (maybe 1% will rub off) (but I doubt it)
That's a pretty good summary right there! Will save you hours of research and reading. Remember google is your friend if you really want to read it all. I've started with VBar and soon to try HC-3SX for both learning and number of heli's I've seen configured with it.

While a particular FBL controller may be matched better for some gear, especially heli's, don't forget one very important point that I read which is you feel like you are flying the FBL controller and the heli only comes into play when a limiting factor. Soon to experiment to find out how much truth to that! VBar was a dream to set up by the way.
Raptorapture is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2013, 11:01 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting point on the "limiting factor".....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in