Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2011, 09:40 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default yet another thread about extreme parts

Hello,

I am new to this forum and there are countless threads on the HB V2, so forgive me if this has already been addressed.
I am getting tired of the broken blade grips (just broke my last one and also the paddle frame, more on the way) and I am considering buying the Xtreme upgrade (all the works - central hub, blade grip, paddle frame, swash plate, heck...I may even get the xtreme motors), but I am unsure as to whether it will be a clean swap. I know I will have to take the whole thing apart, but I don't like surprises like parts not fitting, having to drill a bigger hole, stuff like that...I am sure there must be someone who already did this and maybe can provide some input or advice...maybe I don't need to get all the parts...maybe the blade grips and the paddle frame will suffice and the heli will fly just fine...are the metal parts and the stock plastic ones compatible? or metal ones will cause the others to break?

Any help will be greatly appreciated.
alexheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-21-2011, 12:15 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I dont have the entire setup but I love the XSwash and the XPCF. Those are two awesome upgrades and look great too.
I am going to have my GF buy me the setup (link below) for my birthday and put it on my HH250GT.

If you get the entire setup youll also want to grab a couple extra Xshafts as they are different from stock.
The ringlikes and dogbones remain ESky components but everything else is CNC Xtreme so youll bee fine.
PS: DO NOT buy the X380 motor

Although not shown in the pic it says it comes with the feathering shaft and bushings. Can anyone confirm this?
http://www.thinkrc.com/xtreme-centra...bee-p-776.html
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes it does. The feathering shaft is actually visible in its place in the central hub. Bushings are included as well.
robbancs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 05:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbancs View Post
Yes it does. The feathering shaft is actually visible in its place in the central hub.
(Steemos revenge)
Old 12-21-2011, 08:41 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought all that stuff thinking it would make my Bee better. It didn't.
I even bought the Bell-Hiller stuff.
Other then the x-pcf, I am back to a stock head. I've switched to a CP3 3 in 1, motor, and tail motor and it flies great.

In my opinion, you're better off staying stock until you get proficient with it then you could start modding it. Up to you of course, everyone is different.

I've never broken a blade grip. They just come off when I crash. Maybe your blades are too tight? Just a thought.
Old 12-21-2011, 11:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viet-Lama View Post
I dont have the entire setup but I love the XSwash and the XPCF. Those are two awesome upgrades and look great too.
I am going to have my GF buy me the setup (link below) for my birthday and put it on my HH250GT.

If you get the entire setup youll also want to grab a couple extra Xshafts as they are different from stock.
The ringlikes and dogbones remain ESky components but everything else is CNC Xtreme so youll bee fine.
PS: DO NOT buy the X380 motor

Although not shown in the pic it says it comes with the feathering shaft and bushings. Can anyone confirm this?
http://www.thinkrc.com/xtreme-centra...bee-p-776.html
Wow, thanks a lot for all the great replies ...it is great input.
What motor would you recommend? Is the tail xtreme motor OK?
Old 12-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
I've never broken a blade grip. They just come off when I crash. Maybe your blades are too tight? Just a thought.
Same here....never, ever broke a blade grip. Broke loads of other stuff, but never a blade grip....
Old 12-21-2011, 04:16 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks a lot for all the replies. They are pretty helpful.

Viet-Lama, you said: "DO NOT buy the X380 motor"...I think that's the one I had in mind ...any specific reason? what would you recommend? Would you say the one for the tail is good? I read your tutorial about the tail motor upgrade.

http://www.eskyhelicopters.com/xtrem...bee-p-596.html

Thanks for all the other replies. I don't know that my blades are being too tight or maybe I am calling the piece by the wrong name "blade grip" ...is the part that holds the blades, but is breaking at the ball joint (a couple of times and due to crashes, of course) I also broke the paddle control frame.
Here's a pic:
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCN0051.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	56.1 KB
ID:	275083

Again, thanks a lot for all the help.
Old 12-21-2011, 04:19 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm sure we could hold an interesting debate on how far from stock for a beginner's HBFP.

I went through the route of upgrades and the much modified Bee V1 is now so heavy it finally won't leave the ground

So for my money keep it stock

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 04:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexheli View Post
Wow, thanks a lot for all the great replies ...it is great input.
What motor would you recommend? Is the tail xtreme motor OK?
I have not used that motor, so I can't really say. I can tell you that the DD tail motor from the Honey Bee CP3 does a fine job in the HPFPV2. Much more power and quicker response from the tail. You'll have to adjust the gain, and wire it backwards with black wire to positive, but it works great.
boykintom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexheli View Post
Viet-Lama, you said: "DO NOT buy the X380 motor"...I think that's the one I had in mind ...any specific reason? what would you recommend? Would you say the one for the tail is good?
I know VL had a bunch of problems with the Xtreme motor, as did a few other guys. I personally ran the same motor for about 2 years and never had a problem with it! I had all Xtreme parts on the head etc. Same with the tail motor, although others have had problems with that too.....

That said, I switched to the CP3 3 in 1 so I could use a Specktrum Rx and the Xtreme motor kept tripping the 3 in 1 out. I put a CP3 motor in and it worked fine... I guess the moral there is don't mix and match...

Either way, depsite my success with Xtreme motors, the general consensus is that the CP3 motors (main and direct tail drive) are excellent. I use the Xtreme head (for the V1, NOT the V2!), Xtreme CF blades, CP3 main motor, Xtreme DD tail and a 3 cell 1000 mAh battery and I get stupidly long flights of approaching 20 mins!!!
Old 12-22-2011, 01:51 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

The X380 main motor pulls high amps and gets very hot. First flight with mine (with 9tooth pinion) burned out my 4in1s internal ESC.
I hacked the ESC with an external 20amp from a King2. Thought all was well untill several flights later when it stopped mid flight. Turned out the motor got so hot it desoldered the wire from the motors connection! That was flying 9degree blades so there was not that much resistance.

The X380 does work and I like the replaceable brushes but you must run a 9t pinion, have an external ESC AND 8-10degree blades (like Xtreme or GuruZs)
Now you see why I dont suggest that motor to new flyers.

I think Luke is the only lucky one with the Xtreme tail motor.
Had an Xtail motor once. Lasted 5 minutes untill it burned out.

Short version..... Get a CP3 MM with 9t and a CP3 DD and run XFRBs , Xwoodies (10d) or simply modify your main blades (link somewhere hidden)
Old 12-22-2011, 04:45 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oldladypilot View Post
Nuttcaze is right when saying that everyone breaks different parts. During the early months I went through so many blade grips that I stopped counting (about 10, with gluing back ball links on each countless times, until they become so out of shape that I could no longer repair them).
Old 12-22-2011, 05:41 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So true Rob. I only broke 1 rotorhead....
I broke around 12 PCFs until I got the XPCF. If the XPCF didnt exist I would have broken about 50 PCFs by now.
Old 12-22-2011, 05:51 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
(Steemos revenge)
Old 12-22-2011, 06:35 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

It is odd how different pilots break different parts. For me, I broke plenty of rotor heads, but found them easy to repair for the most part. I broke a couple of OPCF's before going to the Xtreme version. Before the O-ring mod, my worst problem was breaking center hubs---$5 a pop and can be hard to find. I guess everybody breaks the ringlike push rods, at least until they go to O-rings. I also have broken half a dozen frames and about the same number of skids, eventually beyond repair. Oh yeah, I have broken plenty of CP3 tail rotors, too. I like them, but they are fragile compared to the big stock tail blades.
Old 12-22-2011, 07:28 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I broke no end of the forks on the main shaft that the dog-bones go through, as well as the dog-bones themselves! I only ever broke 2 ring-like connectors!

Weird how it varies...... I wonder if we have different ways of crashing....lol
Old 12-23-2011, 01:53 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

LOL I broke about 100 ring likes but NEVER broke a single dog bone!
Ive lost a handful of dog bones that "flew away" and even found a couple of them on the concrete deck. They werent broke, just the impact threw them off.
Old 12-23-2011, 02:45 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
So true Rob. I only broke 1 rotorhead....
I broke around 12 PCFs until I got the XPCF. If the XPCF didnt exist I would have broken about 50 PCFs by now.
I've never broke any PCFs even though I used plastic as long as I used plastic blade grips which I've broken many as said.

Ring likes - just a pair or two.

When I became better I started breaking central hubs, 4 or 5. I think that was a consequence of crashing in FF.

But those are pre-Xtreme times. Once I started using Xtreme metal head with plastic Bell Hiller, I never again broke anything. I only replaced parts because of wearing out. Except for main shafts and flybars. That just happens sometimes, doesn't it?

Interestingly, I hadn't expected breaking as many CP3 tail blades as I have eventually. They are very rigid and weak, and they spin very fast.
Old 12-23-2011, 12:05 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

How about frames? Do you guys break frames on the Bee? I remember Nuttcaze saying you'd never break frames. Well, either they are weaker than they used to be or have a great aptitude for it, because I have no trouble breaking them.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in