Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Airplanes Info and Support > Airplane Related

Airplane Related R/C Airplanes Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-30-2009, 01:29 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Question Multiplex Mentor

Anyone hear anything good/bad about a Multiplex Mentor? Looking to try planks for the first time.. is it a good place to start?
C R Mudgeon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-30-2009, 01:37 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I've flown a Minimag, which flew very well. It looks like the mentor will be even better due to its size.
Old 03-30-2009, 01:42 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I have a multiplex acromaster. The multiplex foam is great. Pretty strong. Can use regular CA to repair it.
Old 04-09-2009, 08:05 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have the Hobby Zone Super Cub. Very tough little bird, very cheap to buy and cheap to fix. Had real good luck with it.
http://www.hobbyzone.com/rc_planes_h...FYZM5Qodo0qbSA
EPBDDSB is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-13-2009, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

To the SuperCub. Went out and got one at Hobby Hut(LHS). Waiting for the weather to clear for the first fly.
Old 04-13-2009, 02:15 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you already have some flying experience.... let's say with helis... you will quickly get bored with the super cup. It has no power and it doesn't handle wind well at all. Unless, of course, you live in an area with pretty much no wind over 5 mh and are completelly new to flying anything.
Old 04-13-2009, 09:16 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I'm using the super cub to break out of my orientation problems. I figure that I can get a super cub going and feeling natural on the sticks, it will better than dirt napping my heli.

I gotta break out of being hover boy!

BTW the plane is pretty cool but I feel I'll trash it long before I'll get good at it.
Old 04-14-2009, 11:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't let the Super Cub detractors get you down. This is a great little airplane for learning. It's better to learn in low wind conditions anyway. You'll have enough trouble on your hands without throwing wind into the mix. I've run many batteries thru mine, and the worst damage I have had is bent landing gear, foam chunk off the wingtip from doing a cartwheel. Have fun!
Old 04-16-2009, 08:19 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just an added note to my earlier post-the nice thing about the Super Cub is you can fly it slow enough so you have time to react to changes. That's important when learning to fly IMHO. You can slow this little airplane right down to land and it has gentle stall characteristics. IF you use power management and back off the throttle as much as you can, you'll be able to get 10-15 landings off a battery
Old 04-16-2009, 02:28 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sweet! Can't wait for a nice day here.... Lately it been raining or wind blowing so hard that even flying kites is a handful.

One thing I did hear loud and clear from all I've read about the super cub is wait for a calm day and then take your first flight.
Old 04-16-2009, 07:38 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

And by the way turn OFF the ACT. It will just drive you crazy. Much easier to keep it steady with that feature off.
I flew my SC tonight with a gentle wind-I've got a fair amount of time under my belt with it now. Flew 2 batteries until I just couldn't see it well enough to land anymore-I had about 20 landings by the time I was done and I had much more life left in the second battery.
And yes, they are right-take your time and wait for a nice calm morning or evening.It will be worth the wait.
Old 04-25-2009, 05:39 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Took the Supercub up and ......
...It was a great flight!!!! And the landing was good too. Well not bad anyway. The super cub is a great little plane. Works great on a calm day. Easy to fly for a first timer if you got a couple of hours on a sim. Easier than flying on the sim as you can see it easier. Easy on the sticks and avoid the dreaded cartwheel landing you'll feel like a hero.

And just leave the ACT off as it does nothing good.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:22 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great ! I have been flying the wings off mine and love it. I may upgrade the radio to Spektrum even. I think I've put mine up in the air at least 50 times now. If you get some wind you may think you've got a heli up there-it will almost hover!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in