Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gasser Helicopters > TRM Power

TRM Power TRM Power - Toxic Al Factory Support Forum Worldwide. Any Product.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-29-2005, 07:42 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Motors on order

I want to let every one know the I understand that people are dissapointed that my motors are on backorder and the wait is going to unfornately longer we are out of motors at this time. I had no Idea that my motors were going to take off like this and we didn't order motors right away. the motors I built went fast and the last of them are gone. The problem is that the motor shipment is coming from Japan and we won't see them until march . Do not worry when I get them I will burn the midnight oil to fill orders just please be patient . Peace, Toxic Al
Toxic Al is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-19-2005, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

well here it is ..mid may .....might you have any ideal if any motors for people that have been and still are being patient will get one...some guys are talking of getting some other motor for there spectra G...God dont make them do that..please some new info would be nice to reasure them....thanks

AKA( Wild Man )
r/c_outlaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-20-2005, 04:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Don't really have much to tell. The wait is still on getting them from Horizon. Cannot build the motors if we don't have any to build from. I spoke with one owner of Horizon last Saturday about it and he did not have much to say.

Toxic Racing Motors
IRCHA #1716
bigrcr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 09:23 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default trm motors

thanks John.....that info is still better than hearing should be soon....One more question for ya...is there an optional engine such as a ((dare i say)) hanson 26 or somthing else ..friend is really wanting to get flying with somthing untill the trm are in stock...thanks

AKA( Wild Man )
r/c_outlaw is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 10:12 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I do not recommend any of the G-26 engines at this point. This is somewhat due to issues of balance, vibration, etc. and the fact that the Spectra-G current gear ratio will not support the RPM that a G-26 is happy at. The 7.15 ratio rev's the G-26 too high in my observations (I have done a bit of testing here).

If the Hanson modified G-26 actually runs at and is designed for the 18,000 plus RPM, then once again it is out of the ratio limitations of the 7.15 ratio. At this ratio that motor is not at all happy in the airframe from what I have been told. This makes sense, for if the motor is actually set-up to run that RPM it would not be properly balanced well at some RPM lower than that. You cannot balance these motors to operate at ALL RPM ranges..Well, unless you spend a BUNCH of money and possibly add a balancer unit. If you operate a 2-cycle ignition motor with fixed timing outside (high or low) of its normal operating range, one of at least two things happen:

1-The motor will not make it's designed HP and Torque.
2-The motor will operate in an area where a harmonic can occur.

My observations with the TRM G-26 modified motor were very promising. The motor makes tons of usable power, BUT..At the 7.15 ratio it is above it's designed or optimum RPM range (quantified by HP and torque curve graphs as well).

I will be soon once again testing a TRM G-26 modified motor in the Spectra-G. This time I will be doing evaluations on different gear ratios. I have data to point in the correct direction to start and go from and I am quite optimistic about the results.

Now, for your original question. If you can find a stock G-231 (we cannot get them, at least in quantity) you can use that and it will provide very adequate power to fly the Spectra-G on. Then you can send the motor in through Miniature to have it modified. You may also be able to do this through Miniature and get Al to mod one for you when you find one.

Hope this helps!!

Toxic Racing Motors
IRCHA #1716
bigrcr is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-22-2005, 02:20 PM   #6 (permalink)

My HF Map location

The TRM 260 is definitely promising, and as John said, it is not a lover of really high RPM.

If you run one of the "advertised" high revving 26's in a heli, keep a very close eye on the tightness of bolts and stuff on the heli. The High Freq vibs John is talking about are very hard to see, almost invisible to the teletale signs of vibs you are used to seeing in a heli, but the results of it are loosened parts on the heli at a rate rapid enough to bite you in the ass. As we pushed it to higher and higher RPM, we had to watch the airframe very closely. There is very little doubt the TRM 260 is a HUGE powerhouse and very user friendly, we are still trying to figure out the RPM where it is happiest. I am very happy that John has transitioned to his new career and is back testing a bunch. Good things are on the way much faster now. Yea Baby!!

John should also have the first TRM Tuned Pipe to go with his TRM Prototype 260.
Old 08-24-2005, 09:49 AM   #7 (permalink)

Any news about TRM 231 engines now ??
Tempest 3D is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-24-2005, 05:27 PM   #8 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I think MA has them in stock!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in