Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-24-2012, 03:54 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

All i can say, seeing as i have them both, that side by side, the 800 DOES look larger than the 700, with much more prescence in the air, but if it's size only that matters to someone, then buy a Logo Extreme, i had a 600 Logo ages ago and didn't appreciate all the plasticy frames and blade grips etc.
I like my 700, but i love the 800, fly one and see what you think.

Henseleit TDR, Minicopter. Mikado. Jeti Carbon Red DS16. Plus scale stuff
satsuma is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-24-2012, 06:58 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think that is the point here.........big size, thats what most of us are after when considering an 800 class. Perhaps you should see if you can fly someones Extreme 800, then see the difference.
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-24-2012, 07:11 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I will stick with my 800 i just plain don't like the Mikado Extremes looks at all, but that of course is purely personal, i know it's bigger, just not for me.
For really big stuff, my 8 foot long turbine Ecureuil will do the job nicely.

Don't think it matters as long as everyone enjoys whatever heli they have, all about having fun at the end of the day.

Old 10-24-2012, 08:53 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuma View Post
I will stick with my 800 i just plain don't like the Mikado Extremes looks at all, but that of course is purely personal, i know it's bigger, just not for me.

Don't think it matters as long as everyone enjoys whatever heli they have, all about having fun at the end of the day.

..............now thats a big heli............AWESOME.............
reALIGNed is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 05:20 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, glad you like her, weighs 22KG, rotor span 2.360 mtrs, length 2.5 mtrs, and will drink 3 litres of jet a1 in 8 mins, ALMOST ready for maiden, just waiting on the metal main blades from Germany..

SORRY, BACK ON TOPIC, 800 HELIS.

I may have a chance to fly the Extreme next week, we shall see lol.

Old 10-25-2012, 08:44 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by satsuma View Post

Wow that's a beauty!

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
bloftin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 10:11 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

+1, been watching the build, awesome heli!

What's the flying weight on one of these Trex 800's?
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2012, 10:33 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks guy's much appreciated.
Sideways, the 800 weighs 5.4KG ready to fly.

Old 10-25-2012, 09:17 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bloftin View Post
+1 that's what I was noticing. I don't have trekker, but I was comparing part numbers and noticed it had the same head, main shaft, blades grips etc. Looks like it has a bigger canopy, and boom but everything else appears to be the same size if not the same part number as a 700E.
There are alot of the same parts on the 700 and 800, but alot of parts are not the same.

Different parts that I can think of right now.

Receiver tray, Canopy, Frames, Main shaft is longer then 700, Mainshaft some kind of hole drilled in, Mainshaft Bearings and holders are the same, except they have a tiny hole drilled in the mount for some reason, Tail gearing, Boom, Torque tube length and diameter, Torque tube bearings and bushings, Vert. and Hori. Aluminum mounts, Front and rear boxes, Vertical fin is larger, Larger main and tail blades. I know there is more. Not sure what part numbers your reading but there is alot of differences.

Btw great shots on your 800. Metal blades and a turbine heli=adrenalin junky.
Curt S is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-26-2012, 05:56 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curt S View Post
There are alot of the same parts on the 700 and 800, but alot of parts are not the same.

Different parts that I can think of right now.

Receiver tray, Canopy, Frames, Main shaft is longer then 700, Mainshaft some kind of hole drilled in, Mainshaft Bearings and holders are the same, except they have a tiny hole drilled in the mount for some reason, Tail gearing, Boom, Torque tube length and diameter, Torque tube bearings and bushings, Vert. and Hori. Aluminum mounts, Front and rear boxes, Vertical fin is larger, Larger main and tail blades. I know there is more. Not sure what part numbers your reading but there is alot of differences.

Btw great shots on your 800. Metal blades and a turbine heli=adrenalin junky.
The main shaft is 3mm longer than the original 700N, and its still 12mm diameter...

I posted about the head and drive train remaining the same, i understand the tail needs to be longer and the ancillary components of the tail have changed, but the head and drive systm remain that of the 700. I've built quite a few Align 700's I understand the model and marketing strategy, but thanks for setting me straight.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ
bloftin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2012, 03:40 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Bigger is better has some limitations with today's electronic tech. We are barely able to fly an 11 pound 700 with 12s at 10,000 watts reliably. The Trekker 800 is not the best smack ship with 12s. I suspect it is still much better than the Logo Xxtreme at 14s. DISK loading is the key. The Trekker can fly at 12 pounds. I'm afraid to know what the Logo Extreme's 14s flying weight is. The lighter disk loading of the Trekker makes for much easier collective management and allows you to use 12s for up to and including mild smack.
Old 10-28-2012, 09:42 AM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

honestly what would stop someone from making this machine a 14s machine
change the motor and probably the esc right

supprised someone hasnt done it yet
X-8 FPV Wing, TBS Discovery FPV, TBS Caipirinha FPV
satgod is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 08:47 AM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Unless this guys small, this shot shows the size of the Trekker well
JustinS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-29-2012, 10:52 AM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinS View Post
Unless this guys small, this shot shows the size of the Trekker well
That guy is a bit on the small side.... There are 2 Trekkers at our field and I got to fly one of them yesterday.
Old 10-29-2012, 02:39 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevehof View Post
Bigger is better has some limitations with today's electronic tech. We are barely able to fly an 11 pound 700 with 12s at 10,000 watts reliably. The Trekker 800 is not the best smack ship with 12s. I suspect it is still much better than the Logo Xxtreme at 14s. DISK loading is the key. The Trekker can fly at 12 pounds. I'm afraid to know what the Logo Extreme's 14s flying weight is. The lighter disk loading of the Trekker makes for much easier collective management and allows you to use 12s for up to and including mild smack.

~14 Lbs with the Kontronik Kosmik and 2 7s 5000Mah 65C Thunder Powers

Flies like a dream

Here is a video of a friend flying mine (He is a much better pilot than I am)

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UOAnK8M8ikM&list=UUxoKeS8kZ0cKA53MMpDshzg& index=7&feature=plcp[/ame]

That flight was with the stock power systems flying ~1800 RPM

We have since swapped it over to a Kontronik Power System (The soft start on the Kosmik is SO SMOOTH) and it seems to have a lot more power now (And he has flown it a LOT harder than in that video)

You can easily go much higher on the head speed if you really want to (Though it's kind of pointless) the thing is astonishingly nimble as is (And this is going from a Logo 600SE to the XX)
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
jtjohn1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-30-2012, 11:38 AM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Wow! That really does look nice!

Interesting feedback about the Kosmic too. (I thought that they had already hit the reasonable cost limit for an ESC!)
Old 10-30-2012, 05:35 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
Wow! That really does look nice!

Interesting feedback about the Kosmic too. (I thought that they had already hit the reasonable cost limit for an ESC!)
Yeah it does cost a preatty penny but when compared with other 14S ESCs that you can trust it's not THAT much more (When you factor in the cost of a good BEC as well)

The YGE to V-Bar hand off and soft start left something to be desired (They have since made it better but not as good as Kontroniks soft start) Taking off from grass wasn't a big deal but when you took the XX off from concrete it tended to whip around about 90-120 degrees on you on spool up (Can you say OH #$(*#(*)

The Kosmik is almost like hand spooling the thing.

Here are a couple of pics of the XXtreme besides a Logo 600SE (693mm blades)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	SE and XXtreme 1.jpg
Views:	185
Size:	227.7 KB
ID:	362178   Click image for larger version

Name:	SE and XXtreme 2.jpg
Views:	254
Size:	260.7 KB
ID:	362179  
Logo XXtreme, Kosmik, Pyro 800-48L Futaba 157s/256. Henseleit TDR, Pyro 700-52, 120 Jive, V-Bar 5.3, BLS253/251. Logo 600SE, Scorp 5020-450KV, 120 Helijive, Futaba 451s/251. Logo 400, Align 510MGs, JR 8900G, Kontronik Jive 80+ LV,Mini Pyro 400-14,
Old 10-30-2012, 05:37 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

So is the Kosmik compatible with VBar gov?
Old 10-30-2012, 05:49 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by K2Freak View Post
So is the Kosmik compatible with VBar gov?
No not at this time. That said Kontronik has tweaked it's already great govenor so there is very little (If any) to choose between the two (And there is probably going to be an update somewhere down the road that will allow it) and unlike the Jive series you can update the Kosmik at home.

I know the person who flew in that video has flown extensivly with the V-Bar govenor and Kontroniks and can't really tell that much of a differance (And neither can I)
Old 11-02-2012, 04:14 PM   #40 (permalink)

Hey Martin,

Sorry for the delay I have been doing a build thread for the SAB goblin so have been busy with it. The tail boom that I have I just find under the F3C section on mine because I use the same parts as the 800 trekker does. (if you have the dfc they are not the same at all). But the tail boom mount, (where the torque tube umbrella gears go) is the same as the F3C so you can order it that way or under the align 800. I just ordered the align 800 trekker tail boom mount, (the one that sits in the frames) because the 700 F3c was out, and it fit fine in my helicopter there were no issues at all.
sarah1097 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in