Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Simulators Support > RealFlight Flight Sim

RealFlight Flight Sim All versions of RealFlight Sim

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-24-2013, 02:27 AM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wireless RealFlight controller using DX8

That's the way to do it, welcome to the club :-)

It's something I did as a fun hack, and couldn't believe how much better it is, I'd never go back to wires again!
myxiplx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-30-2013, 04:39 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default how much PCB can be removed

Hi guys,

I am new here. I have read entire thread and must say - its very interesting to get dx8 + RF wireless and as small as possible! I am thinking to use the following receiver to get 7ch PPM:

http://www.deltang.co.uk/rx31b.htm (thanks for the link myxiplx! Did you try any of those already?)

It supports DSM2 so I guess it should work with dx8?

@hANDYman:

Can you post a picture or get an idea of how much of PCB can be removed? As I understand, I just need to connect PPM output from the receiver to some point on PCB... It would be great if you could share some details about this connection (PPM wire<->PCB) and how much of PCB can be removed.

I would like to setup this solution with MBair and Win 7 on bootcamp. Regarding Arduino based PW2PPM conversion, it would be tempting to modify the code to include the hardware key response and then you would get it smaller then pendrive (I know that it can be considered as hacking but as soon as you buy RF and use the solution for your own, should be fine I guess)

Great work!
PawelKruk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-31-2013, 12:08 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi pawczu,

Yeah, I used one and it works great. The helifreak mods don't approve of anything other than the genuine dongles though so I can't post details.

Personally I feel the same as you, I've bought the software and can use any dongle now, but I can see their point that a lot of these are used to pirate software and they don't want to encourage that.
Old 09-19-2015, 11:48 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I've finally picked up a copy of RealFlight and am happy to report that I've got this running wirelessly too :-)

This time I used an OrangeRx R616XN receiver since they're dirt cheap and output CPPM, and I figured it was small enough it should fit inside my RealFlight interlink box. You just need to bind the receiver before starting this as you won't have access afterwards.

Opening the interlink is just a case of undoing four screws and then a few minutes with a multimeter identified a stable 5V supply to power the receiver. I took a guess at the PPM input, and was happy to find everything worked first time :-)

There's tons of room inside to tuck the receiver under the board out of the way:

And that's it, half an hours fiddling, a few minutes to create a new controller config in Realflight and we're up and running:

Old 11-28-2015, 02:47 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hmm... seems my images aren't working for anybody but myself in the post above. It's too old to edit, so I'll re-post with new images.

=========================================

I know this is a bit of an old thread, but I've finally picked up a copy of RealFlight and am happy to report that I've got this running wirelessly too :-)

This time I used an OrangeRx R616XN receiver since they're dirt cheap and output CPPM, and I figured it was small enough it should fit inside my RealFlight interlink box. You just need to bind the receiver before starting this as you won't have access afterwards.

Opening the interlink is just a case of undoing four screws and then a few minutes with a multimeter identified a stable 5V supply to power the receiver. I took a guess at the PPM input, and was happy to find everything worked first time :-)

There's tons of room inside to tuck the receiver under the board out of the way:

And that's it, half an hours fiddling, a few minutes to create a new controller config in Realflight and we're up and running:

Old 01-04-2018, 05:12 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Unlike the older RealFlight 6 and 7 versions that required a proprietary RealFlight USB interface, RealFlight 8 and X work with generic USB interfaces/dongles.
Amain Team Pilot
jhamel is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2018, 04:13 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you reset the model after a crash without using the button on the dongle? Can this be configured to a button on the radio?
ronaldst is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-10-2018, 10:49 AM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronaldst View Post
How do you reset the model after a crash without using the button on the dongle? Can this be configured to a button on the radio?
In the settings you can configure it to reset after a crash with a set number of seconds. Just change the value to something other than 0.

I believe in RF8 you can configure this on a channel but not the earlier versions.
BrokeDad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2018, 02:28 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

would this work with a rf controller instead of a interling dongle ? thamks.
johnnychingas is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2018, 11:07 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnychingas View Post
would this work with a rf controller instead of a interling dongle ? thamks.
Yes it does, have an interlink elite controller set up for wireless with a PPM receiver soldered to the board and placed in the battery compartment. I like the RFX dongle set up for wireless better. I use RF7.5.
pctomlin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in