Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > nano CP X

nano CP X Blade nano CP X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2015, 09:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default scratched 3 in 1

The other day I made a bit of an embarrassing mistake with my Nano 3 in 1 board. I finished modding a new frame to fit my motor from Micro Motor Warehouse, (which is working pretty sweet for me BTW, I think I got it down this time, will post pics later) and I went to screw the board back onto the front of the frame which should have finished my build, but just as I was putting the lower screw into the board/frame, I got a loud "BOOM! BOOM! BOOM!" at my front door, which startled me and caused me to put a nice big scrape into the front of my 3 in 1 with the screwdriver. The scratch goes all the way from the screw hole, across some lines that I suspect are part of the circuitry (I am clueless when it comes to circuit boards) and leads to what I suspect is a tail FET, nicking that slightly.

Now, my tail motor isn't working. My main works just fine though. The tail only spins at the lowest throttle point in Normal Mode, and doesn't work at all in Idle Up. At higher points in the throttle my main motor spins fine, but nothing from the tail. I tried different motors, so I know it has to be the board.

Do you guys think my board is just plain toast, or does anybody think it might be possible using the oven trick I remember reading about on an earlier date. (I think it goes: heat oven to 250 and bake 5 minutes) It sounds like doing so can most definitely ruin the board, but right now I have little choice... I can use a little advise on that one.

I'll try and take a good quality picture and post it up tomorrow for some second-opinions. Either way it looks like I'm now in the market for yet another Nano board. (this time it's my own damn fault )

To top it off, when I finally went to get the damn door, furious as I was, I opened it to find nobody there... (maybe to their own benefit, LMAO!)
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2015, 03:25 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wouldnt do The oven method.

Megasmicros is your man here. He will repair it at a very reasonable price.
nickyd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 12:29 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sounds like you may have damaged a trace on the mainboard. These are the metal lines you see on the PCB that connect things on the board. It will probably need to be re-flowed by a professional like MegasMicros like the other poster mentioned. I would not recommend trying to bake the PCB this may ruin the board. Better to have a re-flow job done with hot air gun than a baking method. Hope you can get it fixed.
Old 03-23-2015, 12:44 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickyd View Post
I wouldnt do The oven method.

Megasmicros is your man here. He will repair it at a very reasonable price.
+1 for Megasmicros he's repaired a couple of my fried boards when I've shorted out tails and burned MOSFET and pulled up traces.
Old 03-23-2015, 02:22 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok, I'm glad that it seems my two-month old board is probably fixable. . I have a micro-heat gun that MAY work, but I strongly agree that this is a job for a pro. I'm going to look into what it would cost me to ship my board to him and back.
Heli's that I currently fly: Lynx Oxy3+ {Build In Progress!}, JR Forza 450 {hangar queen}, Blade 180CFX, Blade mCPX BL {work horse}, Blade NanoCPX - Blade Nano QX, Blade NanoQX3D - Phoenix 5.5 - Spektrum DX6 - - HeliFreak is great! -
Canadian_Jesus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-23-2015, 10:22 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's weird. When the cops knock on my door like that, they never run away. What did you do? Just kidding. But yeah, those traces are way small on these boards. I'm decent with soldering and have repaired a few circuit boards, but I don't think I'd get one of these right. Best to send it in. Good luck though.
cdaivs is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in