Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Mikado Logo Helicopters

Mikado Logo Helicopters Mikado Logo Helicopters Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2015, 02:12 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No one in this hobby supplies motors with 'sealed' bearings because they simply do not work at ~25krpm. They're all 'ZZ' metal shielded bearings.
Advertisement

Old 02-25-2015, 04:50 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by prototype3a View Post
No one in this hobby supplies motors with 'sealed' bearings because they simply do not work at ~25krpm. They're all 'ZZ' metal shielded bearings.
Okay, good clarification. Still no oil to them
Steve_JR is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 12:46 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve_JR View Post
Scorpion bearings need to be oiled. Kontronik uses sealed bearings and do not need to be oiled. Scorpion has a $5 motor bearing oil kit you should get. They recommend oiling a drop of oil every 10 flights.
Thanks Steve!
Flipper76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-26-2015, 12:47 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

What size pinion are you guys running? I was trying to get the 16t pinion for the 5mm shaft motors (Scorpion) but Mikado discontinued it...
Flipper76 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-01-2015, 12:54 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have been using the KDE 600XF G3 since day one. Works great and loving it. With quad bearings, you don't need to worry about oiling the bearings.
Old 03-01-2015, 05:51 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

One of the first bits of wisdom I was offered my first year into RC heli's was not to oil the motor bearings unless you want to oil them every few flights forever. Leave them alone and the grease the bearings were manufactured with does it's job for a long, long time. Oil them, and you thin and flush this grease out.

Since then (2011), I have over 2 thousand flights on a single motor without ever oiling it or replacing bearings (Xera 4530-500). Many more increasingly hard flights spread over a dozen other high quality motors with only one failure to date (not bearing related). I really like the KDE quad bearing design and it's worked without failure for me.
Old 03-02-2015, 12:18 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Another good option is the Hacker v3. I don't hear much about it but it is a great motor. Mine consistently outperforms my Scorpion 4025-1100s and my KDE 1175. It pulls nearly as many watts as a 12s Scorpion 4025-550 when I ran them back to back in the same heli with no other changes. It has great power for a motor on 6s especially for it's small size/weight. Unfortunately the power does come at a cost, this motor gets the least amount of flight time and is harder on my ESC/lipos than any of the other 550 motors I have run. If you are just looking for overall power, it is the best 550/6s motor I have tried. It is also drilled for 25mm or 30mm motor mounts.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in