Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Compass Helicopters > Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos

Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Compass Compass 7HV, 7HVU and Chronos Model Helicopter Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-29-2015, 05:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Longer boom + belt

I was wondering is there interest of increasing the boom length a little bit so it is possible to run longer blades with tail blades. Because I would like rail 716 with rail 116

Make it a bit more floaty.
MrEmail is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-15-2015, 12:40 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sebastian said there was supposed to be a stretch kit to run 760 blades but I guess it just never happened. If you wanted just a bit more length, possibly you could modify it to use a 6hvu front and rear pulley. Both are smaller diameter than the 7hvu but same tooth profile. This would probably lengthen the tail by 10 or 20mm. Not sure how the 6hvu front pulley would mate to the 7hvu hub though.
RCHN #232
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-19-2015, 05:53 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My friend use rail 716 ,116 for 3d .No issue ever.

Last edited by Gonjirou; 09-20-2015 at 04:15 AM..
Gonjirou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-21-2015, 02:15 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gonjirou View Post
My friend use rail 716 ,116 for 3d .No issue ever.
He must not be flying that hard, because even 713's with 115's will hit if you push hard.
RCHN #232
quinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-23-2015, 02:57 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Oh well could try it with smaller tail blades will see.
Old 10-01-2015, 05:11 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I used the 115mm CFK tail blades and 710mm blades already. I had no problems at all, it worked good with low rpm and high rpm 3D.

Greetings,
Andre
AndreP is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-01-2015, 05:30 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndreP View Post
I used the 115mm CFK tail blades and 710mm blades already. I had no problems at all, it worked good with low rpm and high rpm 3D.

Greetings,
Andre
Andre which 710mm blade are you using?
Old 10-04-2015, 02:13 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm using rotortech 710mm with compass 115 blades. No issues so far
Old 10-04-2015, 05:39 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

710 are the max with 115 but I don't like the RT blades. Maybe I should try the radix blades.
Old 10-04-2015, 10:03 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmail View Post
710 are the max with 115 but I don't like the RT blades. Maybe I should try the radix blades.
It might be more difficult to get Radix blades as time goes by as it appears CY no longer builds them. I had the opportunity to get the Radix 710 mms at a big discount but got the 695mms instead when they were on a closeout sale at one of the local online shops.

I like the RT blades on my Atom stretched. I was looking at the 710 RT blades but the ones I saw have yellow (as opposed to white) tips. I am not sure how visible those are in flight. I tend to fly by the disc when doing big air and I like having white tipped blades.
Old 10-22-2015, 05:21 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish we could still source RT tails. I found their 115's to be supreme. Quiet and holding like mad. Tail always sounded better too. Just never see them any more.

Extending the boom a few mm is all we'd need to open up the selection. The new Protos MaxV2 is pretty much without limits in this area. Just need a longer tail belt, since 25mm carbon tube is easily sourced.
Old 10-23-2015, 11:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob43 View Post
I wish we could still source RT tails. I found their 115's to be supreme. Quiet and holding like mad. Tail always sounded better too. Just never see them any more.

Extending the boom a few mm is all we'd need to open up the selection. The new Protos MaxV2 is pretty much without limits in this area. Just need a longer tail belt, since 25mm carbon tube is easily sourced.
Thats what I like about the protos max. But at the moment I don't have much time so maybe this winter I will look into it what the options are.
Old 10-23-2015, 04:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

On the main forums there was a thread that mentions that Curtis Youngblood products including Radix blades can now be had from dronehelis.com. Here is the link to the rotor blades section from that site: http://www.droneshelis.com/Rotor-Blades.html

Just like the Compass Shop the site is HongKong based and apparently any order above 150 bucks means free shipping.

Another blade that is available as a 710mm are the KBDD ones which Quinn I believe has been using on his 7HVU.

It would indeed be nice though if the Chronos allowed up to a max of 716mm blades in combination with 115mm tails without any modifications or with very minimal modifications like a change of belt.
Old 10-24-2015, 06:21 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yes. Evidently, this isn't something they've wanted in Europe where I think Compass is more popular. I'm guessing that would have made it become an option.
Old 10-25-2015, 03:18 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Especially in Germany the Chronos is really popular but than again it Flys awesome but since it is such a big 700 as it has always been it would nice to run cyclone 716 on it. The only thing needed is a larger belt. So I hope they will make that in the future. I would like to have a little bit more blade options since 710 blades aren't really produced any more.

But maybe a protos max belt will fit...
Old 10-25-2015, 09:15 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrEmail View Post
Especially in Germany the Chronos is really popular but than again it Flys awesome but since it is such a big 700 as it has always been it would nice to run cyclone 716 on it. The only thing needed is a larger belt. So I hope they will make that in the future. I would like to have a little bit more blade options since 710 blades aren't really produced any more.

But maybe a protos max belt will fit...
I have only tried 695s (Cyclones) and 700s (Compass) so far and I have a Radix V2 (690) which I have not tried yet. I will also be getting a KBDD 710 soon. I am curious to find out though that except for better auto performance, what differences are there between, say a 695 Cyclone and a 716 Cyclone, all else being equal (same motor, ESC, etc.).

I do agree that providing a slightly longer belt so people can run 716s with 115 tail blades without additional modding would be the best case.
Old 10-25-2015, 04:16 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

The Chronos is more than capable of swinging larger blades. If we look at the competitors, Protos max, logo 700 all can swing larger blades.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in