Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 450 Class Electric Helicopters > 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters

450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters 450 PRO Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2010, 08:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Turnigy nano-tech 2200mah 3S 45~90C Lipo Pack...???!!!

Hi All,

I'm down to two Hyperions (love them), but I'm looking to add some lipo's to increase flight time out on the field. Has anyone tried these packs? How will/would they compare to the hyperions. Thoughts/advice appreciated

-FUNBOSS
FUNBOSS is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-07-2010, 08:24 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBOSS View Post
Hi All,

I'm down to two Hyperions (love them), but I'm looking to add some lipo's to increase flight time out on the field. Has anyone tried these packs? How will/would they compare to the hyperions. Thoughts/advice appreciated

-FUNBOSS
Here is the link

http://hobbyking.com/hobbyking/store...~90C_Lipo_Pack
Old 07-07-2010, 10:00 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

These things just came out and I have only seen threads about people speculating on their performance... but hobbyking sells decent batteries so why don't you be a pioneer for us and buy some!
bigdawg86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-08-2010, 01:18 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigdawg86 View Post
These things just came out and I have only seen threads about people speculating on their performance... but hobbyking sells decent batteries so why don't you be a pioneer for us and buy some!
I'm in! I placed an order for two of them, plus another order for a 6S nano pack for my 550 flb (en-route). Looking forward to it! Ughhh now to deal with the really really nasty crash I just had tonight....ughhhh !! Classic case of being over confident!
Old 07-09-2010, 06:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

The thing that is most annoying with Hobby Kings batteries is the dimensions that they list on their site. On the page for a particular battery it is not uncommon for there to be two different sizes to be given for it.
I have the Turnigy 2200 3s 30c's, Zippy 2200 30c's and Rhino 2250 30c batteries. All are very good, but the Rhino fits better as it is a little longer, but a bit thinner and doesn't jam into the sides of the canopy, causing fine cracks in the paint like the Turnigy's do. The Zippy is a little shorter again. Also the Rhino loses only the tiniest bit of power when not used for a period of time and always needs less mah when recharging after use for the same flight times as the other batteries.
I would buy more Rhino's rather than the others.
The Turnigy nano-tech battery as listed on HK's site is showing as a little wider and higher than the normal Turnigy and if this is a genuine size, then it will grind into the canopy and be a pain to fit.
Whoever is the pioneer with these batteries for the 450 Pro is now duty bound to report their findings to their fellow Heli-freaks...
bobsp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 07:22 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobsp1 View Post
the pioneer with these batteries for the 450 Pro is now duty bound to report their findings to their fellow Heli-freaks...
+1

You hearin this FUNBOSS, no pressure or anything, but everyones countin on ya !!!

Trex600E 8S 1910H/1Y HV85 5625MG Gy611 S9256 AR7000
Aussie_phoenix is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 10:54 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got 6 of these packs on the way! If anyone wants 2 of them when they arrive in under a weeks time please let me know. I will be running them on my new 450 pro that is also due to arrive in a day or two.
jpinn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 11:49 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aussie_phoenix View Post
+1

You hearin this FUNBOSS, no pressure or anything, but everyones countin on ya !!!

I'm good to go and looking forward to it! I need to rebuild after a really really bad crash, but she'll be ready to go before the packs arrive. I'll report back for both the 450 and 550
Old 07-09-2010, 10:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

jpinn and FUNBOSS....good men...the future of our battery purchasing is now squarely on your shoulders...we need facts, figures and stuff.....dimensions....balance charge when delivered....estimate of C rating...flight times...your girlfriends sisters phone numbers...all the important stuff...
bobsp1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-09-2010, 10:16 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpinn View Post
I got 6 of these packs on the way! If anyone wants 2 of them when they arrive in under a weeks time please let me know. I will be running them on my new 450 pro that is also due to arrive in a day or two.
PM me for a price? I am possibly interested...
I also got a data logging ESC on the way so I can do some posts on data if I end up buyin one...
bigdawg86 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2010, 07:08 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Please do. And put many, many cycles on it. I'm looking to buy the nano-tech 4s 5000 to make an 6s pack for my 600 but I'm not sure.
fflier9 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 06:15 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Battery performance/satisfaction update

How about an update on your thoughts about the batteries? I'm thinking of ordering some but would like to hear your impressions first.

Lay it on us! Crashmaster

Quote:
Originally Posted by FUNBOSS View Post
I'm good to go and looking forward to it! I need to rebuild after a really really bad crash, but she'll be ready to go before the packs arrive. I'll report back for both the 450 and 550
cgetman02 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 09:11 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ordered 2 of the nanos and the 4x6s charger on Monday. Can't wait to charge multiple batteries at once!
Engi_Nerd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 05:23 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey HeliFreaks,

I got three of the Nano Tech's, 4S 1800mAh 35-70C, their for my first CP Heli build, a Tarot 450 Pro, I'm waiting on an experienced pilot to help me with the build so once she's in the air I'll be sure to let you guys know how they perform. I'm a rookie so what specifically do I do to test these lipos? (other than run them and test the flight times, for you smart asses out there, LOL!) Tell me what tests to run and I'll have an experienced pilot perform them and then I'll share his results.
Rookiepilot83 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in