Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > SAB Goblin 630/700/770

SAB Goblin 630/700/770 SAB Heli Division 630/700/770 - Goblin Helicopters Factory Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2016, 03:00 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Black Nitro Issue!!!!

Well, I was on flight 104 today and I noticed the last couple flights that my OS105hzr was making a weird sound, it kept revving up and down really loud a couple times each flight. It sounded like you was revving up a sports car. My last flight it got really bad so I hit throttle cut and landed. I took the canopy off and the throttle servo had no power to it, all the other servos were working perfectly. I touched the servo wire and the power came back on. I played with the wire for a few minutes after and it never once lost power. So idiot me decided to fire it up again and burn the half tank of fuel out. I fired it up and started to increase throttle stick and the heli began revving up on the ground and stuttering really bad so I hit throttle hold and picked the heli up and began carrying it to the picnic table by the blade grips and it started to spin and take off by itself. Luckily I had the remote in one hand and hit throttle cut to power down. Before I rip the motor out and check the bearings, do you guys think my throttle servo is going bad and that's the problem with it revving up and trying to spin with hold engaged as well as having no power. Any help would be appreciated. I did just order a new throttle servo but I would like to hear your thoughts as well. This problem began 4 flight ago and has gotten progressively worse.
Wyno is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2016, 03:10 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

What FBL are you using?
dbcaster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 04:01 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Bad servo or possibly a switch going bad on transmitter. Check the servo horn on the carb. Is it loose?
dominator is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 04:03 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

What servo are you using.. I think it is a bad servo...I do not think it has anything to do with the motor but make sure your magnets are still in the fan and your sensor is operating properly..check with the datapod.. make sure your Spartan sees the magnet
Old 10-25-2016, 04:43 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I just powered it up on the kitchen table and everything powered up. I checked the sensor first and it is working. I then checked the servo-carb arm and everything tight there. I then put it into stunt 1 and moved the collective up and down and bingo, the servo went completely dead. I moved it by hand back and forth and it jumped back to life with power. I now know its the throttle servo and not the motor. Its the BK7002 servo. Its the 3rd BK servo to fail on this bird. Thanks guys for your input and I'm glad I got it figured out.
Old 10-25-2016, 04:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I didn't want to be the one to say if it is a BK servo change it..sure enough that's it.. glad you found the issue..
Old 10-25-2016, 05:01 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Good to hear that I'm not the only one who has found BKs less than reliable.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 05:07 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

For sure, 3rd time on this bird. I think I learned my lesson!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-25-2016, 05:14 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yeah, my N5C is down because one of the BKs is doing something strange. I've learned my lesson. They seem to be good in electrics, but don't last in nitros.
Eury is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-25-2016, 05:23 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ran them in my 700 comp for 2.5 years without issue doing over 1200 flights. I'm only at 104 on my black nitro and I've been through 1 tail servo and 2 cyclic servos. I think I might switch to MKS in the near future.
Old 10-25-2016, 06:19 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have a brand new tail servo sitting around, can it be put on to run the throttle or should I use a cyclic servo.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:53 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

I run a torq tail servo on my throttle. Just make sure you change the frequency, should be 760, when setting up in Spartan studio or datapod
Old 10-25-2016, 08:12 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks, went ahead and did that and its ready for test fly tomorrow with tail servo for throttle.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in