Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 60/70/90

Thunder Tiger 60/70/90 Raptor 60/70/90 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-30-2012, 06:59 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Wow!

Great stroke of luck, sir!

Raptors are very good flying, durable, machines. I have had a 90 3D since they came out.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-01-2012, 09:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I took it out for a few flights and the engine died in flight got to auto it twice with no damage I put a new glow plug in and am hopeing that Im not gonna have engine issue's. Did the finger test ,I get about 6 sec. and it starts up with no issue's then die's in the air. Im not very good at auto's just got lucky yesterday. This engine issue is my first concern.
What head speed are you 3Ders running? Im not running my gov yet , gonna check the engine with a heat gun to see if im lean. Did hear it intermittantly lean out a few times last week for 1/2 a second 2-4 times at idle. Not sure what caused it to die might be the fuel lines.
djaypro is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2012, 10:36 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think the RPM on mine is around 2,000. It has been a long time since I set it up.
Old 06-01-2012, 11:09 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd say stick with the RPM you have for HS. What you'll want to do is find the right gearing for that engine you have (wrote motor before). Thunder Tiger sells several different main gears to adjust this.

Just look up the RPM range on your engine. OS lists it's optimum RPM along with the HP...this is your target RPM. A quick calculation will let you know HS...engine rpm/gear ratio.

Come to think of it, I think the raptor manual tells you what gear to use with what engine.

Dieing? When I've had odd running issues, the first thing I do is replace the plug. In many cases this has fixed it...have had bad plugs that were new too.

I've had it die both too lean or too rich...Simple tuning issue.

Has the engine been broken in? Has bearings or ring/liner been replaced recently?

Maybe it could be getting air in the line...possibly from engine to pipe, bad tank, bad tank fittings, sticking clunk, hole in any fuel line.

sitting hear talking about the raptor makes me miss mine. The only thing that makes it better is my other 90 birds are a vibe 90 and Fury 90...still not in the air
X-cell Fury 90: 601/9251, 8231's Cyc; DS650; OS 91MP-6; Jr Vibe 90; OS 91RJX Pipe; Jr 8231 cyclic, 770 3D/G8900, Prfct Reg. CCPM; T-Rex 600 NP: 6965HB, 425MG Throttle GY 520/9254; OS50 Hyper,MP-5, Prfct Reg; 600E Bstx, nue1910
seanh is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-02-2012, 09:53 AM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish I had heli's like that ($$$) When my skills get better. I will pull the $ out of my ass and get 1 with all the fixings but right now I cant afford servo's all my stuff is old school yet it flys got MCPX, 250, 450, Rapt 30, rapt 50, and now a rapt 60.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	071.jpg
Views:	177
Size:	109.1 KB
ID:	321324   Click image for larger version

Name:	073.jpg
Views:	174
Size:	97.4 KB
ID:	321325  
Old 06-05-2012, 06:01 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

try changing the fuel lines in the tank
raptor e620 fbl
darryl123 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-11-2012, 09:54 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Been busy again with other life issues but gonna change the fuel lines, glow plug didn't fix the problem. Still looking for some good carbon fiber 680 blades. Also found my tail has alot of resistance when I push the rod, might be the bearings.
Did'nt change anything on the engine. All I know is that it sat for 3+ years
Almost there When it's done I will try to post a semi pro flying video. I plan to take it out and beat the crap out of it That will tell me if I need to bump it up to a 90 size engine.
Old 07-02-2012, 10:42 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Noticed flying today that the cyclic seems slow Can I move the ball on the horn in a hole to speed it up. Anyone done this? I have 9202 and a 9253 on tail with 401 gyro.
Old 08-03-2012, 02:05 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ah Clem View Post
I think the RPM on mine is around 2,000. It has been a long time since I set it up.
Use 1800 RPM for your head speed.
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-03-2012, 02:10 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by djaypro View Post
Noticed flying today that the cyclic seems slow Can I move the ball on the horn in a hole to speed it up. Anyone done this? I have 9202 and a 9253 on tail with 401 gyro.
Disconnect the link from the servo to the collective rocker arm and see if there is any resistance when sliding the rocker / swash. It should be smooth and easy.
I use a JR DS8711 high torque servo as my collective - pretty fast.
Also, check your collective pitch - it should be around +/- 12 degrees
The cyclic pitch should be limited to around +/- 8 (roll & pitch).
ticedoff8 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in