Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-08-2012, 06:53 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Check your ESC Firmware..

ok after seeing the burnt ESC in the other thread here. I'm setting mine up and it comes with firmware version 4.00. I looked on castles site and they say not to even fly with this version as it may may act erratically and even cause failure...

So I'm hoping by updating to the 4.01 version its alittle better. Still not much trust in castle Fire and Ice controllers.. Lol. Anyone else notice the firmware thing or am I under a rock also....
Mxracer3651 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-09-2012, 02:24 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mxracer3651 View Post
ok after seeing the burnt ESC in the other thread here. I'm setting mine up and it comes with firmware version 4.00. I looked on castles site and they say not to even fly with this version as it may may act erratically and even cause failure...

So I'm hoping by updating to the 4.01 version its alittle better. Still not much trust in castle Fire and Ice controllers.. Lol. Anyone else notice the firmware thing or am I under a rock also....
a new trekker kit with version 4.00? hows that possible? only issue it had was power cut-off to motor not burning up. 4.01 been out since march of this year.
AMA #1039539
ddj74 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-09-2012, 02:54 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

that's what I was thinking ...guess their giving old esc's in the kit. I would like to know too..

is it cause 4.01 is a beta and not a release... It does say beta on castles site.its possible They may not put a firmware in a kit unless its a release version.
Mxracer3651 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in