Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-26-2010, 08:48 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 3 Axis Problem

I got the RX2433 and installed it and everything seems to work fine and the way it should when in "Balance" mode (switch is ON). But, when I turn the balance switch to OFF, the heli spins out of control counterclockwise like I'm holding the rudder stick as far left as I can but I'm not touching it. It did not do that with the RX2428 on it. I have the Hot Rod Ufly I bought from WOW and I haven't changed anything on it except the RX to the 2433. What is happening and is there something that will fix this?
js349 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-27-2010, 03:42 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Im having same problem.Starting to believe this wasnt tested long enough before being added as a upgrade to the ufly.There are other reports of this and tail servo problems that are causing crashes.May replace with Rx2428 which was solid and predictable if these annoying problems continue.
NuFlyA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 12:40 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Is the RX2433 programable?
Cleric is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 08:14 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

There is an extra unused connection port on the Rx,no one knows for sure what it may be used for yet ? dkfuji did mention something about the software on his new, i believe 4G6S Rx was not updated to allow full functionality .I think he gets them early from wow to test.Not sure what model# the Rx is in that Heli.
Old 05-03-2010, 08:31 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by js349 View Post
I got the RX2433 and installed it and everything seems to work fine and the way it should when in "Balance" mode (switch is ON). But, when I turn the balance switch to OFF, the heli spins out of control counterclockwise like I'm holding the rudder stick as far left as I can but I'm not touching it. It did not do that with the RX2428 on it. I have the Hot Rod Ufly I bought from WOW and I haven't changed anything on it except the RX to the 2433. What is happening and is there something that will fix this?
My response from wow about my new RX2433 spinning out of control when balance mode is off is.you should not turn off the gyro as it will turn all 3 gyros off. You need to turn the gyro gain
pot to zero and that is like turning them off
. I saw a CB180Z with 3 Axis demonstrated on x-heli flying with 3 axis Balance on and off to show difference in stability.So why cant we shut off ours?
Old 05-04-2010, 07:49 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I saw that video and sent the link to Jonathan. Here's what he said in his e-mail to me last night "You do need to center your tail servo. Remove the servo horn, center the tail fins and turn on the radio than push the horn back into the servo. Please send me a photo of your setup and let me take a look at the gyro orientation. The last possibility is a bad receiver. We have gone through and checked many and so far have not seen one like yours." I also sent him a link to other people complaining about the same issue. I already had to center the tail fins after I replaced the tail driver shaft so I know that's not the issue. So, did you try turning the pots all the way down to see what happens? I have the rudder turned all the way down and it seems to act OK. But I believe I tried the other pots turned down and it seems like the movement of the heli wasn't what I expected.
Old 05-04-2010, 11:47 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I saw that video and sent the link to Jonathan. Here's what he said in his e-mail to me last night "You do need to center your tail servo. Remove the servo horn, center the tail fins and turn on the radio than push the horn back into the servo. Please send me a photo of your setup and let me take a look at the gyro orientation. The last possibility is a bad receiver. We have gone through and checked many and so far have not seen one like yours." I also sent him a link to other people complaining about the same issue. I already had to center the tail fins after I replaced the tail driver shaft so I know that's not the issue. So, did you try turning the pots all the way down to see what happens? I have the rudder turned all the way down and it seems to act OK. But I believe I tried the other pots turned down and it seems like the movement of the heli wasn't what I expected.
.I havent tried turning the elevator and aileron pots down yet.Wow told me not to turn off balance mode,that would turn off all gyros,and to just lower the gyro gain for the same result as balance off mode.We need the directions for this RX.The Rx2435 that comes stock in the newer UflyS states in its manual that when balance mode is turned off the rudder HH gyro remains working.Shouldnt this apply to our Rx also.Any way i flew 3 full packs with it on balance and no problems,im liking it right now.So i may just leave it be.Maybe check out the RX2435 when parts are available.Lets find the instructions for our RX.Maybe wow can send to us.Still would like full functionality out of my upgraded RX thou.
Old 05-04-2010, 01:21 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

If you bought a Hot Rod Ufly (I did) the plug ports on the 2428 RX are small like the plug ports on the 2433 RX. The plug ports on the 2435 RX (JR connectors) are larger and would need some kind of converter plug to be able to use it. Instructions would be nice but I don't even think Walkera has them.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:31 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ya ,its that throttle connector.You would think there would be converter connector for that so it could connect to standard Futaba style connector on the stock ESC.Say that 10x fast.There may be one ?Anyway i am sure there's a work around but im not to confident in my soldering abilities yet. Also im pretty sure you cant use the stock ESC with the other Rx because of that mysterious batt test connection on stock ESC.Think it may burn up servos if you try.

Last edited by NuFlyA; 05-05-2010 at 06:13 PM..
Old 05-05-2010, 08:48 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
What ive read about the RX2435,saw its instructions , is that if you turn off balance mode only the Rudder gyro stays activated,two axis would be eliminated.so what wow is saying is to turn the gyros all the way down on the 2433 for the elev,and aile and this would be the same as turning off Bal. mode.Turning off the Bal.Mode would disable all gyros wow said.They say don't turn off Bal.Does this make sense. ..You would hope both Rx had same features.Ive seen New UflyS fly with Bal.mode off,klausbub flew it great.There explanation is kind of odd.Still think the Rx isn't working right.IMO.Then again i should refrain because i haven't seen instruction booklet for RX2433 yet. Ive rambled to much my head hurts..
Old 05-05-2010, 09:50 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuFlyA View Post
What ive read about the RX2435,saw its instructions , is that if you turn off balance mode only the Rudder gyro stays activated,two axis would be eliminated.so what wow is saying is to turn the gyros all the way down on the 2433 for the elev,and aile and this would be the same as turning off Bal. mode.Turning off the Bal.Mode would disable all gyros wow said.They say don't turn off Bal.Does this make sense. ..You would hope both Rx had same features.Ive seen New UflyS fly with Bal.mode off,klausbub flew it great.There explanation is kind of odd.Still think the Rx isn't working right.IMO.Then again i should refrain because i haven't seen instruction booklet for RX2433 yet. Ive rambled to much my head hurts..
Yep, nothing I've been told by wow follows logic. Rudder should stay activated but it doesn't when the 3 axis is off. Let me know what happens when you turn all pots all the way down on your Ufly. I'm pretty sure mine was unflyable like that - it didn't spin but I don't think it responded like it should either. If you find instructions, let me know where. I think I'll ask Jonathan for the instructions and see if I get them.
Old 05-05-2010, 10:42 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok.will try it out soon and get back to ya.Do not think we can get refund for electronics,maybe the will compensate in other way like a free Tx battery or something.Wishful thinking.Im sure you set up your tail and servo alignment.Did you leave your rudder gyro gain up? If it didn't spin it may be holding the tail.Is tail totally drifting when its up?The point in turning balance off is, when your skills have improved it will give Heli improved responsiveness,I believe.Is that a word? Oh well sounds good.
Old 05-05-2010, 12:28 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by NuFlyA View Post
Ok.will try it out soon and get back to ya.Do not think we can get refund for electronics,maybe the will compensate in other way like a free Tx battery or something.Wishful thinking.Im sure you set up your tail and servo alignment.Did you leave your rudder gyro gain up? If it didn't spin it may be holding the tail.Is tail totally drifting when its up?The point in turning balance off is, when your skills have improved it will give Heli improved responsiveness,I believe.Is that a word? Oh well sounds good.
I tried to turn up the rudder gain and the tail was all over the place - it didn't spin but it wagged back and forth. So, even with the 3 axis on I have the rudder pot all the way down.
Old 05-05-2010, 01:09 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just found this on wow's site -
Walkera RX2433 Receiver (3-Axis Gyro) + Manual : For Upgrading Walkera 4#6, Ufly, Compatible FP Helis & Airplanes

Price: $49.95

This item is shipping now from our California warehouse on a first come first serve basis while supplies last. We include the instruction manual. As the premier Walkera Distributor, Wow Hobbies is this first Walkera Distributor to offer RX2433 shipment.

Looks like they now ship the RX with a manual. That would have been nice when we ordered ours. I've sent another e-mail asking for the manual either e-mailed, faxed, or mailed to me.
Old 05-05-2010, 06:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I tried to turn up the rudder gain and the tail was all over the place - it didn't spin but it wagged back and forth. So, even with the 3 axis on I have the rudder pot all the way down.
I have my rudder gyro pot at 75% and the ele and aile at 100% on Balance Mode.Luckily this is working fine.My only issue is when bal,Is off.Sucks that even in bal.you have to turn down rudder gyro all the way,that's defeating purpose of supposedly making this Heli easier to fly.
Old 05-05-2010, 08:09 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got a note from Jonathan tonight after I sent him a pic of how I mounted the RX on the heli and he says it looks like I've done everything right and to send the RX back to them.
Old 05-06-2010, 10:36 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, hmmm... When I first tried to use the rudder pot on the 2433 the tail was all over the place as I said above. I turned the rudder pot all the way up (100%) last night and had no problems. I also turned all of the pots all the way down and had no problems. But, I still can't turn the balance switch off - the heli still spins out of control.
Old 05-06-2010, 08:22 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

For what it's worth, I've attached the manual for the 2433 I got from Jonathan. Sorry it's a jpeg but that's what I got.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	RX2433 MANUAL and radio settings-jpg[1].jpg
Views:	409
Size:	50.9 KB
ID:	155362  
Old 05-07-2010, 12:24 AM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm looking to upgrade to a HH gyro soon but with all these questions on the new 3 axis receiver makes me want to wait. I'm thinking that maybe the 3 axis receiver is not worth the hassle, and just go with the upgrade 4#6 standard receiver..
darmie is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2010, 07:30 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Well, hmmm... When I first tried to use the rudder pot on the 2433 the tail was all over the place as I said above. I turned the rudder pot all the way up (100%) last night and had no problems. I also turned all of the pots all the way down and had no problems. But, I still can't turn the balance switch off - the heli still spins out of control.
I switched mine out of Bal.Mode yesterday ,couldnt take outside to windy,placed on the floor and spooled up.Tail turned right about a quarter turn ,stopped ,but didn't continue to spin wildly.Tail held.Rudder at 75% others still on 100% gain.So this is good and i am sure it would be flyable.Its very important to get tail and rudder servo set up properly,via pushrod and servo arm 90 Degree angle alignment. Glad wows gonna take care of it.Hope it works out .Think im gonna keep mine seems ok for now.Thanks for getting instructions.

Last edited by NuFlyA; 05-07-2010 at 09:36 AM..

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in