Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > For Sale Forums – KNOW your buyer/seller ratings! No Price bashing. NO FIREARMS > Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts

Stolen, Ripoffs and Scammer alerts Post your theft, scammed, ripped off reports here

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-10-2016, 11:24 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default VALUE HOBBY - WON'T USE AGAIN

Hello Freakers,

I'am 55 yrs. old, and have 40 yrs. of customer service background. Wanted to share my experience, and to caution fellow Freakers about Value Hobby.

Made my first order with Value Hobby. Items were ok, and shipped in normal time.

I had ordered 3 duplicates by my own mistake.

Sent back duplicates parts and they refunded the $28.00.

Problem: took over a month, many phone calls to Value Hobby, and some to Pay Pal to get it resolved. The company is in Addison Ill, not CHINA.

Customer SERVICE phone call: One of many!

Value Hobby: hello
me: Hi to whom am I speaking with?
VH: "Uh, I don't like giving out my name"
me: (thinking to myself WTF?) well i just want to
know who I'm doing business with.
VH: "that is rude to ask someones name"

Wow, at this point I'm already done with this guy, but I state my return request and attempt to talk business with him. Ask for a supervisor/owner or anyone else that I can contact or that would contact me later.

Ready for these responses - Why?. I'm the only one here. They would say the same thing. No, there is no one else you can talk to. No, no one can contact you later. (this guy was clearly defensive or hiding something)

The rest of the story is lengthy and to ridiculous, but continues with the same nonsense when dealing with customer service and/or business in general.

In the end, I got my refund, but the hole process of dealing with them just had way to many red flags for me to consider to continue doing business with them again.

Since I was unable to make contact with anyone else at Value Hobby (I did not send them a letter, as I don't think it should be that hard to get mgmt.) I would welcome Mgmt. to contact me if they cared to do so?
Will follow up this post if anyone does make contact.
Advertisement

Old 06-10-2016, 11:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW Not givin a name.. that is strange. I always give my name when someone asks. i used to always give my name when i answered the phone at work (retail) but stopped cause seemed most never payed attention so if they ask i tell them. others call from other stores tell there names. not a big deal unless you have something to hide

Epoweredrc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-13-2016, 12:38 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

completely agree. I was taught the same basic business etiquette. Was really scary to me that not only did he not know basic business phone skills, but actually stated that I was "rude" to ask his name. No matter, I got my refund, and there is plenty of competition in the R/C sales market.
Old 06-13-2016, 12:53 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

That's how they put the value in Value Hobby. It takes time to tell you their name. And time is money! Then they pass the savings on to you!

40 years in customer service and I have to explain this to you? C'mon this is day 1 business stuff
Old 06-13-2016, 01:11 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks for the insight, I just thought they sucked at business.
Old 06-14-2016, 10:45 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

He probably runs a hole in the wall and is the owner and really doesn't give a crap
If you want to buy, buy ! if not adios ! is the thought
Kap'n Krunch is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2016, 08:28 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I too have been in customer facing jobs for years, a request for your name from a customer is perfectly acceptable and normal...
It also becomes second nature, I was in a store today actually and a small boy came past with his dad and just blurted out "What's your name?", it took me less than a second to answer him. And it took that long to figure out he was talking to me.
Old 06-17-2016, 01:35 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by HEXAHYDRATE View Post
That's how they put the value in Value Hobby. It takes time to tell you their name. And time is money! Then they pass the savings on to you!
Old 06-18-2016, 10:59 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in