Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > mCP X

mCP X Blade Micro CPx Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2011, 04:31 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Can't do a pirouette, drifts away, help!

Hi,

My new mCP X v2 feels stable but when I try to do a pirouette it drifts away quick, how can I solve this?

Should it not be possible to do stationary pirouettes indoor?
Advertisement

Old 12-06-2011, 05:02 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyBeR View Post
Hi,

My new mCP X v2 feels stable but when I try to do a pirouette it drifts away quick, how can I solve this?

One thing that can help is making sure that CoG is spot on. Mine never is.

Other is... practise, practise, practise and learn how to fix heli position it as it goes around. It is a skill to pirouette mCP-X on the spot. And many other helicopters, too.

It took me around a year to learn how to do it with more or less success - and I started with flybarred Mini Titan (450 class) and then continued learning it on FB version of same heli and then bigger (Protos) before I learned how to do fine corrections all along the pirouette - no matter which helicopter it is.

So - practise it...
clicky is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 05:55 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Damn it, I was hoping on a simple fix
Old 12-06-2011, 07:42 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

As mentioned above, the cog is very important. Making sure it is spot on will help a lot.
HeathH is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 07:53 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Hey

It can be done with practice. Try slowing down a little because you will have to correct at least once per 360. I find to get it nice a smooth I have to correct 2 or 3 times per 360.
A lot of us skip learning pirouettes and move on to flashier moves, I did. Now I find myself going back to learn pirouettes both inverted and normal so I can learn piro flips. I usually finish every flight with a few pirouettes.

Good luck
d12bn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 12:49 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

How do you check the CG on the Mcpx? There is no flybar to put your fingers under?
StoneDeaf is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 12:52 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Rotate the head so the blades are 90 degrees to the tail boom, pop one of the dogbone links off a blade grip and hang it from that blade.
Dylwad is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 01:08 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

I check cog with some sort of string wire etc fed through the rotorhub above the featherng shaft and try to eyeball center on the hub.... (rkh hub).

Sent from my thumbz
Cartrixx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

had my mcpx for a 3 days now and find it pretty tricky to piro it too...but only to the left. i find if i try to piro it to the left,it wants to come backwards,quickly....caught me out yesterday and crashed it into my thumb,took a nice chunk out of it where the nail meets the skin,lots of blood too! lol
but a piro to the right i find it will stay pretty much in one spot...its a weird one and i dont know why one way is easy and the other not...

slighty off topic,but just wanted to praise the boom and grommit mods...made my heli fly so much better. kudos to whoever figured out those mods! loving the mcpx so far
mrmurder1975 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-06-2011, 05:11 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It took me a while to learn piros. You just half to star off slow then gain speed as you get better.
Old 12-12-2011, 10:12 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default drifting pirouettes

Quote:
Originally Posted by ZyBeR View Post
Hi,

Check if the tail rotor is precisely in a vertical plane with tail motor horizontal.

If the boom slightly turns in the frame or the tail motor mount turns on the boom, you get an unwanted out-of-plane component of the force from the tail rotor that will push the tail upward or downward thus take the heli out of perfect horizontal plane.

Last edited by asasan; 12-13-2011 at 04:23 AM..
asasan is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-13-2011, 02:26 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by asasan View Post
Check if the tail rotor is precisely in vertical plane with tail motor in horizontal.

If the boom slightly turns in the frame or the tail motor hub turns on the boom, you get an unwanted out-of-plane component of the force from the tail rotor that will push the tail upward or downward thus take the heli out of perfect horizontal plane.
Good idea, I have briefly checked it but as you say just a little bit of could probably cause unexpected things to happen, thanks!
Old 12-13-2011, 08:37 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just went out and flew a battery And realized I was putting in some AEL whenever I did piro's. Left or right depending on piro direction. I then did some without AEL and it drifted a little not really to bad. The biggest problem I face is that a lot of times due to variables I guess the heli does not always fly the same. I am just a sport flyer, all orientations, circuits forward and backward ETC. Loop and flip, no inverted so take it for what it's worth. I did notice the drift was alot more noticeable on fresh pack, I fly Spyders.
stablehover is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in