Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 150 Class Electric Helicopters

150 Class Electric Helicopters 150 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-06-2014, 12:10 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default T-rex 150 + BLHeli + DMSS

Hi, Is anyone having this combo? I have been trying for the past one week fighting a problem where the BLHeli does not arm at all or takes an unknown amount of time to arm. When I put the battery one, the initialisation tones do come, then the servos twitch, and then silence... When it does arm though, it flies normally.

I have tried a borrowed DSMX sat with a Spektrum radio and the arming tones occur immediately after the servos twitch. However on the same heli, after switching to DMSS sat, the problem just occurs. The weird part is, I performed throttle calibration to the BLHeli on the DMSS system but not on the Spektrum, but the Spektrum just works EVERYTIME!

I do not know if the problem is with the BLHeli, the MRS or the DMSS sat? Anyone having the DMSS sat who can share your experience? It does not matter if you are using stock ESC, then it works on stock, I will just get another MRS.

If the BLHeli devs do see this, could it be the code?

Please share some inputs!
biglobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-06-2014, 02:19 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi!

I had an issue in my 450 heli where the BLHeli esc was fed from the 3GX unit. There was a lot of jitter on that signal, so BLHeli failed to initialize due to that. So the requirements were relaxed in code rev 10.1. Maybe it should be further relaxed...

If you are interested, PM me your email and I can send you test code.

Cheers,
Steffen
sskaug is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-07-2014, 12:10 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Steffan, glad to hear from you!

I am not sure if it applies to me, but I was using BLHeli 11.2 for the Trex 150 MRS. So are you giving me test code for revised 10.1 or 11.2?

Also, was your problem also due to using a DMSS system? Like I mentioned, it works fine on a Spektrum sat.

PM sent and thanks!
biglobe is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-21-2015, 02:41 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hello,

same issue here. T-Rex 150 + DMSS + BLHeli. The ESC gives the first three tones quickly. Then sometimes the next two tones, indicating successful arming, come automatically. Most of the times, they dont. Then sometimes one can trigger arming by giving some throttle signal (I switch from HOLD to STUNT-1) on the transmitter). Sometimes that also doen't work.

I had to remove "Programming by TX" because this sometimes made the ESC accidentally go into programming mode. Now using these workarounds I can get it running most of the times, but it is a hassle and annoying.

I tried different versions of the firmware. As it is now Feb 2015, there is 13.1 available. But best results are with 11.2.

Are there any news on this issue from your side, biglobe?

sskaug: do you think it could be possible to release a BLHeli software with some switch or adjustable jitter / signal qualitiy setting?

Regards
Dominik
detue is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-03-2015, 04:00 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Same issue for me as well... it doesn't seem to see zero throttle on DMSS, so no arm.
( I can actually fool it into arming after the first three beeps by flipping TX off then on again quick, then both main and tail arm instantly... not sure if that's a good safety practice tho )
pigpen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in