Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopters > Aerial Videography and Photography > FPV and Real time Video

FPV and Real time Video Discussions of receiving video in realtime from the aircraft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-03-2013, 07:23 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default 450 + 450 = 480 FPV Heli

Hello and welcome Lately I've had some crazy ideas. So crazy I wanted to share them here.

I've been working on a new FPV heli.
Requirements are as follows:

1. Must be FAST . Last FPV heli was pretty slow.

2. Must not vibrate. Nothing annoys me more than a heli that vibrates. I know this is fairly normal, but its my pet hate of helis. Further to this, it must be easy to balance.

3. Must carry all of the gear. Gopro, OSD, GPS, passenger camera pods, you name it. If I want to run something, this heli must be able to carry it without violating condition 1.

4. Must use 450 parts. I have so many of these parts it would be a waste not to use them.

Solutions to the above are as follows:

1. It'll be running 4s to begin with, then switch to 6s if need be. I'll have a switch to change headspeed as required. The entire airframe will be streamlined, therefore it must be NARROW. Anybody can fit tons of gear to a 450, but getting it to stay streamlined is another matter altogether - a custom canopy is on the cards. Some 350mm Spin asym blades will help with dealing with this heavy beast, and stretch to 480.

2. Install a fixed pitch tail like this one http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1760813. The tail wont be as solid, but who cares when it will be pretty much vibration free. See the picture with the new boom, it will lighten the heli and is streamlined in shape. The boom block is 3D printed.

3. Extend my 450 pro frame downwards with part of an old 450 frame to create a space for the battery (kinda like a TDR ), which can be moved to alter CG as required. I've also 3D printed a nice gopro mount

As you can see it not finished.
jolyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-04-2013, 04:55 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ok maybe I got carried away there. I'll post my revised heli later
jolyboy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-04-2013, 09:47 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I like how you have the battery bay at the bottom. At one time I strapped two Lipo underneath the 450 with velco and it kinda worked. Yours look better. Besides, it allow more tail clearance. I like it.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in