Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2012, 04:26 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade sr has no yaw with radio

my blade sr has no yaw when i move the left stick left and right, any help with this i am new to the sr i did have a msr but i never had any electrical problems, it has stock radio
winslow253 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-20-2012, 05:56 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can hover but not move the tail left or right? Or does the tail motor not even spin up when spooling?
Old 03-20-2012, 07:18 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

the tail prop does spin, it was spinning crazily clockwise i tried playing with the trims but it did nothing so i unpluged the yellow wire from the gyro and it stopped that, i cant move the tail left and right
Old 03-20-2012, 07:26 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

ya i can hover but cant move the tail, i removed the yellow gyro wire because it was spinning clockwise with it pluggeed in even when i played with the trims
Old 03-21-2012, 05:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Have you changed any of the wiring around? Replaced anything? Crashed?
Old 03-21-2012, 08:35 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

sounds like the pot setting is maxed out on your ESC. If the tail is wide open all the time / as soon as you give it just a touch of throttle .....I would say the mixing pot on the ESC is way to high. When it is you will have no Yaw control, at least not enough for you to tell

I think the instructions are on page 52 of the owners manual
joeblades is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-21-2012, 10:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Sounds like you might have the rudder lead plugged in wrong? Upside down maybe? I have no idea why it would hold in a hover but have no input, it's like the gyro is doing it's job but not accepting commands from the Tx. Check which direction you have things plugged in, easy to get servo leads plugged in upside down but I don't know if that would cause what you have or if it would not work at all.
Old 03-21-2012, 05:38 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

what is the pot i was looking it up but im not really sure what it does, all the wires are put in right but the manual said to not use the yellow wire for the stock radio so i took that out
Old 03-21-2012, 06:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well that's just a bunch of malarky, you can use the yellow gain wire, but just as well to leave it for now. You need to trace all the servo plugs back to their source and make sure they're all plugged into the right places first and foremost, then we can move on from there. Maybe a pic of your Rx with leads plugged into it just for good measure.
Old 03-21-2012, 06:49 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do yourself a favor and save this pic to your computer for reference, it comes in handy!!

Beam E4-(Scorpion HK-2221-6,11T pinion, Phoenix 60, HS65MG cyclics, GY520),120SR, Trex 250SE (stock) MH bottom plate,GY-520,Futaba R6106, MCPx,DX7se,Futaba 8FG Super, HPI Vorza on Futaba 4PL.Honda HS928K1TA
olemil is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-31-2012, 09:32 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry for the long wait I was waiting for parts, I tried all you help it did help abit, now the trim is set nutreal and it spins fast the one way then I go one click the other way and it spins full speed the other way, what would this be ?
Old 04-01-2012, 01:14 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Which direction does it spin the fastest/easiest?
crashcopterman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-06-2012, 09:08 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Did you ever figure out what was Up ??

I have had a crack or two in my frame for weeks. a little ca and fiberglass and its been ok. I finally got a new frame. so I changed everything out.. now I am in the same boat I have no rudder control..

It seems I have a little to the left BUT none to the right.. I have checked all the wires 3 times and they all look like the picture earlier in thsi thread.

It flew fine before I changed the frame... HELP
metalwizard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2012, 10:11 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Make sure the wires to tail motor are pristine, absolutely no possible chance of shorting. Then, make sure tail prop is on the right way around and that it's secure on the motor shaft. Other than that, couldn't say why it would fly fine before but not after a frame replacement. Must be something with the way things are plugged in or tail motor itself or it's wire harness.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:24 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
Make sure the wires to tail motor are pristine, absolutely no possible chance of shorting. Then, make sure tail prop is on the right way around and that it's secure on the motor shaft. Other than that, couldn't say why it would fly fine before but not after a frame replacement. Must be something with the way things are plugged in or tail motor itself or it's wire harness.
My Dumbazz... I had the tail rotor on backwards... flies like a champ now.. (Dang I feel dumb)

Hey got in a whole battery today without really touching the skids to the ground.. WOO HOO
Old 09-09-2012, 10:54 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by metalwizard View Post
My Dumbazz... I had the tail rotor on backwards... flies like a champ now.. (Dang I feel dumb)

Hey got in a whole battery today without really touching the skids to the ground.. WOO HOO
Alright!! Good show, the actual increase in hover time means that the "switch" has been hit and now it's just a matter of getting that time in for it to be one of those actions that requires basically no thought... like breathing Keep it up!!
Old 09-09-2012, 11:39 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by DKS_ONE View Post
Alright!! Good show, the actual increase in hover time means that the "switch" has been hit and now it's just a matter of getting that time in for it to be one of those actions that requires basically no thought... like breathing Keep it up!!

You mean I am supposed to be breathing while I hover too.. Dang one more thing.. If I get really good maybe I can chew gum too HA HA

Thanks for all the help went through two batteries this morning. kept it in the there pretty much full time. now going to do some out and backs, left and back and right and backs..

I see why people complain about the SR.. its a tough bird. but once you hit that spot.. it tames it down quite well and becomes Ride-able. it aint easy but it sure is satisfying when you do it!.
Old 09-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Lol, I remember holding my breath!! Hahaha, nice work. Ya once it's reigned in, it's not SOOO bad, but you start to understand why the bashing happens. I really think that anyone who hasn't flown it and actually been ABLE to fly it has nothing to say cuz they just don't "get it". Can't bash it until you actually understand it, but it did what it was supposed to do for me... train.
Old 09-09-2012, 06:41 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oddly enough, I think today it clicked for me after I rebuilt my SR and dialed-in the tail--I didn't have the shakes at all like I normally do just getting off the ground...more anxious than ever to get the parts to get my 450 back in the air now.
mrmarc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Tags
yaw

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in