Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Antique Out of Production and Vintage Helicopters > E-Sky Helicopters > HBFP V1/V2

HBFP V1/V2 E-Sky Honey Bee V1 & V2 Fixed Pitch

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2009, 05:30 PM   #61 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by dayshaddow View Post
im lost
Turn left at the lights mate. 3rd on the right

Cheers, OD.

If you make a mistake and learn from it, that's progress

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
oliverdots is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2009, 05:51 PM   #62 (permalink)
Registered Users

i tell you this forum used to be sooooo boring,now it`s funny as F#K
247rememberme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-05-2009, 06:38 PM   #63 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bugster View Post
Hey Luke - please tell us - even I can't spot the change
Up until now, you had simply warned every newcomer about the odd dumb answer. Now, you guarantee a dumb answer! And I just can't imagine why!?
Old 09-06-2009, 12:06 AM   #64 (permalink)

Well the strangest thing happened today -- two servos quit on two different HB MK3's..They have both been flown for over a year now with no problems...just a coincidence I suppose.. but if everything happens in threes I had best fly carefully for a bit...now I must wait for my order to arrive which is cool as I will have more time to spend (hopefully in the air) with my belt cp which I have been hovering with training gear because it is still quite an intimidating machine...btw I had the good fortune not to crash and burn the Honeys when the servos stopped...and that is a good thing !
jkass7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2009, 07:26 AM   #65 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luke Warmwater View Post
Up until now, you had simply warned every newcomer about the odd dumb answer. Now, you guarantee a dumb answer! And I just can't imagine why!?
I shall have a quiet word with myself Luke - must never guarantee anything

Bugster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-07-2009, 08:06 AM   #66 (permalink)

good morning here -- sun not up yet --have my morning java in hand---no wind outside--fire up my belt cp to bring in the new day
Old 09-07-2009, 08:07 AM   #67 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I think the dumb answer guarantee is a safe bet around here!
Old 09-07-2009, 03:21 PM   #68 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkass7 View Post
good morning here -- sun not up yet --have my morning java in hand---no wind outside--fire up my belt cp to bring in the new day
poetry jkass, shear poetry my friend.

Cheers, OD.

2 x Nano heli's - now passed on to Megan, HoneyBee V1.....Awaiting test flight, T-Rex 250 V1, Hitec 5084MG tail servo, DX6i, Walkera 4#3A (it's in fairly good hands Bugster).
Old 09-08-2009, 11:32 AM   #69 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jkass7 View Post
So how did it go jkass?

Old 09-09-2009, 09:42 PM   #70 (permalink)

Gentlemen -- we live 8 time zones away only wish we were closer to share the sky together ..and some brews and some...good times...It was glorious - just hovering my baby for now - taking it easy with her ... bring her up eye level, check out the tracking, listen to that powerful whirring of the air , put her gently down, practice smooth controlled take off --- nothing broken ... and sip my Guatemalan java ... the wife still softly sleeping upstairs...man does it get any better my friends......I was away on buisness for a couple of on-flying days though and that sucks...jeff
Old 09-10-2009, 01:10 AM   #71 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

hi jkass7
you sound really kool and get my if you every in are time zone i would love to share a brew and some air space
antony
Old 09-12-2009, 12:27 AM   #72 (permalink)

Unusual bummer this evening...had the belt cp up ..hovering nicely ...moving around a bit ..feeling rather comfortable actually---then she just stops...falls squarely and soundly on the training gear...ok...but the esc is smoking !!! any ideas as I am in new territory on this one ...should I post this problem somewhere else on the forum to put it before the jury of experts ? As I say the good part is nothing else went kaplooey...the wife had come out to enjoy the evening air and watch the practice session and her face was as querulious as mine...assistance here would be a good thing...I will bee fly'in my honeys until I get this worked out--"with a little help from my friends"....And Dayshaddow would certainly look forward to a brew or two with you if I am ever in the 'hood...

Last edited by jkass7; 09-12-2009 at 12:31 AM.. Reason: forgot something
Old 09-12-2009, 01:52 AM   #73 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi JK. Sorry to hear of your problem. Certainly sounds like the esc toasted. How long have you been flying it ?

Old 09-12-2009, 03:00 AM   #74 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hi Jkass,

I'm assuming the ESC on the Belt is the stock Esky ESC? If so, the magic smoke being released is a known and VERY common problem with it. The Esky ESC seems to blow incredibly easily, for some people on the maiden flight....

The recommended alternative seems to be the Sonix 30A...although some people on a forum that initially strongly recommended it, did then start to have problems with it. Maybe moving to a 30 amp is not enough and a 35amp or 40 amp would be more suitable....

I am guilty of still running the stock ESC on my Belt!
However, I have stripped all the heat-shrink off the heatsink and I have moved it back a bit, so it sits more directly under the rotor was and is less sheltered by the canopy. This obviously won't protect me from over current, but they do seem to get incredibly hot as well and mine now runs a lot cooler.
Still, I am waiting for

When you buy a new ESC, spend the extra $10-12 on a programming card. They make programming and setting up the ESC an real piece of cake!

HTH
Old 09-12-2009, 08:36 AM   #75 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Why do companies continue sending out infirior equipment? This ESC problem has been going on a long time. For the sake of a few quid, get it sorted Esky!!! Same with Eflite. Servo's are crap, replace them and sort it. For large companies buying in bulk, ther could rectify these stupid errors and have a great heli. Even Align have problems with the ESC on their 250. Why are companies so stupid. Bad reputation = less sales. So swallow a few quid in profit and have a great package rather than a great heli that needs work before it can fly. Do these people know what RTF and ARTF actually means. Sorry but I am p***ed off that whatever heli you buy from Align, Esky or Eflite in the CP range, you have to replace some of their parts for their heli's to fly safely and properely. Of course they read feedback, so why continue down the same path??
OK, rant over and feel better for it

But they are idiots

Cheers, OD.

Old 09-12-2009, 11:23 AM   #76 (permalink)

First I thank you one and all -- Probably 12 flights on the belt before last nights untimely esc demise...@ least not its maiden voyage !! I will look into the upgraded version esc as you suggest (where do you guys get them from ? ) ..Since overheating seems to be a problem how long between battery packs do you let the heli components cool down ? It is refreshing get my feet wet in the dumb question section of the forum !!
Old 09-12-2009, 01:39 PM   #77 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

No dumb questions....just loadsa dumb answers here!

I usually give it 5-10 mins between packs on the Belt and the HBFP. Just long enough for the heatsink on the ESC to cool down really.
Old 09-12-2009, 02:33 PM   #78 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep you want everything lukewarm (sorry Luke, no pun inteded ) before you fly again. ESC and motors. It's good to have a mental break for 10 mins as well.

Cheers, OD.

Old 09-12-2009, 02:50 PM   #79 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by oliverdots View Post
It's good to have a mental break for 10 mins as well.
Why ??? Just prolongs the intervals between crashes

Old 09-12-2009, 02:54 PM   #80 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Takes me 10 mins to check my camcorder and make sure I got my crash in focus

Cheers, OD.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in