Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Futaba Radios and Electronics > Futaba CGY750 FBL System

Futaba CGY750 FBL System Futaba CGY750 Help and features Support Forum

Like Tree1Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2016, 11:56 PM   #81 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hi Nick,

Very interested to hear more about tuning for F3C flight with the new V2 firmware. I have seen there are some good threads on it for the older firmware but can you give a starting point setup for hover and aero banks (using 3D mode as recommended). I'm new to the CGY so rather than relating it to the old settings it would be good to get an idea of rough numbers you would recommend and which are the key detailed settings to tweak the setup.

//Dennis.
Thunder Fighter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-04-2016, 05:46 AM   #82 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

clear and concise tuning advice , Nick ,being a lone flyer its sometimes hard to understand all the adjustments but this new firmware makes it a lot easier and can be flown out of the box with no tuning at all , although a more advanced tuning guide would be welcomed even a flight video showing what to look for and how to tune them out would be even more appreciated .
Anthony
Old 06-04-2016, 03:00 PM   #83 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick Maxwell Products View Post

The Flight Style actually changes the swash plate decay time mostly which is why it effects the flight style and relationship to how it takes new inputs vs holding a heading so much.

Nick
Thanks Nick, great explanation, I was wondering what the essential change was when you altered the flight style value.
Old 06-30-2016, 01:25 PM   #84 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Need some help.

Since installing V. 2.0 to my CGY-750's I have noticed a problem. On Monday I took one of my helis with the CGY-750 installed to the flying field and put 2-3 flights on it. Seemed to fly great but needed a little "tuning" to my taste. As I did not have time to get to the tuning, I packed up my planes and helis and headed home. I did not touch anything with that heli once I got home.
Yesterday I load both my helis with the CGY-750 to go out for a day of flying. That is when the problem started. The heli I flew on Monday (a Pantera 50) developed a problem. I started the engine and spooled up. Once the Gov engaged, I lifted off into a hover. That is when my tail became unlocked. It felt like the tail was in Normal mode and not AVCS mode. I am not used to rate mode flying so I had my thumbs full keeping the heli flying straight.
I shut the heli down and took it to the work bench. That is when I saw the inverted color and both the Rud and Ail on the home screen. The rudder was also moving to the extreme range of throw. If I flipped the switch to Normal mode the rudder would re-center. Then it would slowly move to the extreme right or left slowly and stay there till you move the rudder stick and then move back to the extreme range. I went through the programming an reset it twice but this did not fix the problem. The gyro would work in AVCS then after 30 seconds or so it would "act up" again. I also played with the gyro gains to see if that was the problem as my daughters Nano CPX will do the same thing if the gyro gains are to low. But that did not fix the problem. I also noticed that I was getting the inverted color and the Ali as well. Therefore, that heli was set aside and I gabbed my Trex 450pro with the CGY-750 on board. It did the same thing. Worked fine on the bench but when I spooled up it did the same thing as the Pantera. The only difference is the Ali or Ele never showed the inverted color on the "A" for AVCS mode.
Another note, if I switched to normal mode on the Ele, Ali, and Rud the home screen would show "N" and work in rate mode. Once a switched back to AVCS, the gyro would work for a short time then the inverted "A" would appear again and the rudder would slowly move to the extreme throw. I am bagging my head on how to make this thing work. I never had this problem with any of the other versions of the CGY-750.
Todd
tealc is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-03-2016, 10:43 AM   #85 (permalink)
Registered Users

Without any help on this site or any help from Futaba Customer service (have not returned my call which was place on Thursday) I solved my problem.

I adjusted my rudder throws mechanically that way the endpoint setting in the CGY-750 remained above 100. This has stopped the problem that I talked about above and now the gyro is working like it should. Next stop is to put a flight on it and see how it does in the air.
I will now work on the Trex 450 to see if the cause of the problem is the same then make mechanical adjustments to keep the endpoints above 100.
Old 07-18-2016, 05:08 AM   #86 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealc View Post
Since installing V. 2.0 to my CGY-750.......

Another note, if I switched to normal mode on the Ele, Ali, and Rud the home screen would show "N" and work in rate mode. Once a switched back to AVCS, the gyro would work for a short time then the inverted "A" would appear again and the rudder would slowly move to the extreme throw. I am bagging my head on how to make this thing work. I never had this problem with any of the other versions of the CGY-750.
Todd
If you are in Setup Style 3D (default setting in the cgy) there's no Normal rate mode for the cyclic gain s anymore.
There are two setup styles 3D or F3C.
Change setup style see page 7 in the manual.
3D style can be used for all flight types - even F3C.

F3C style is basically cgy v.1.4 with banks (flight conditions)

In 3D style the trim flight for the cyclic cannot be done anymore (only for tail)
Just align your swash using the servo neutal adjustment in the swash menu. (Page 12) and some of the menues in the swash detail page 14.
Also see tuning guide lines for cgy page 21.

It would be nice if FUTABA could seperate the chapter "Trim flight" to "Trim flight foe setup style 3d" and "Trim flight for setup style F3C"
The same goes for the "tuning guidelines for CGY"......

Yes the servo moves some times funny on the bench. Try to move the your tail stick 3-4 times from fuul left right etc. and the tail and swash would move to center....

Well in manual page 8 it written like below.
But i just move the tail stick full left right and cyclic and tail moves to center position.
Quote:
When using the AVCS operating mode, the servos will not re-center when the control stick is released. If you need to center the servo, you can move the appropriate control stick to its full extent (left & right or up & down) twice and allow the control stick to return to center within a one second pe-riod of time, and the servo(s) for that axis will return to center position. For example if you move the tail rotor stick full left, full right, full left, full right and allow it to come back to center within one second, then the display will change to show [--------], and the tail rotor servo will center.
ChopperKnud
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-21-2016, 12:59 PM   #87 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Thanks

Thanks for the info. I did manage to get the issue worked out on my Pantera. I had to make mechanical adjustments to get the travel to 100% on "A" and "B" for the tail. After that it seemed to work fine on the bench.

Unfortunately when I flew the heli, I lost complete control of the tail. The rudder stick did nothing to stop the tail from spinning. It was like the tail push rod popped off. On inspection after the crash, the tail servo was working, the push rod and all mechanics were in proper working order and in place. So, I am at a loss. This same problem happen 2 years ago. I am thinking that either the gyro is bad (newer one then the one that was on the heli in the crash 2 years ago) or the tail servo works on the bench but can't handle the heli as more torque/head speed is put to the heli in idle up. I guess I should mention that everything worked fine with the head speed in normal (1500rpm) but lost control of the tail when I went to Idle up 1 (1700rpm). I could not gain tail control when I went back to Normal (1500rpm).
Not happy that after a total re-kit (after the crash 2 years ago) I need to replace some parts. I guess I should be happy with needing new blades and electronics tray. I have not looked at anything else as I don't have the funds to get it going again.
Old 07-23-2016, 12:30 AM   #88 (permalink)
Registered Users

Double check that the trust bearings are installed correct.
The outer race with the larger diameter should go in first - should be nearest center/tail rotor shaft.

If they are installed the wrong way they will get stuck at higher rpm.

Sendt fra min SM-G935F med Tapatalk
Knud Pedersen DENMARK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 04:10 AM   #89 (permalink)
Registered Users

Recon I have the v.1.4 but its set up and the heli flies well. very well even so. If i update it, will I need to adjust and tune my controls, rates ect ect again. or will it all be kept as is?? so i update and fly straight away again??
(only been flying since a year and bought the heli flight ready from a clubmember, sorry for any stupid questions )
Tommy700N is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-13-2016, 12:56 PM   #90 (permalink)
Registered Users

1.4 --> 2 will keep settings I believe. Obviously it's always prudent to go through major things like corrections and directions to make sure nothing has been reversed. AIL and ELE remote gains have been merged now into CYCLIC gain.

I'm sure someone will say if I'm wrong, but yeah, going from a good 1.4 setup to 2.0 will only make it better!
Old 09-13-2016, 01:36 PM   #91 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I think 1.4->2.0 will keep your settings on F3C mode. If you want to use all the new features of the 2.0 3D mode, you'll probably have to do a new setup....
MikeG4936 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-14-2016, 01:01 AM   #92 (permalink)
Registered Users

hhmmm okay then. looks like I'm gonna have to look for an update cable.
cheers for the help
Tommy700N is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-23-2020, 04:07 AM   #93 (permalink)
Registered Users

Four years on and this thread is still a wealth of knowledge I wonder if there'll ever be a 2.1 etc?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in