Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-02-2010, 03:13 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default tail motor started by itself

Wow first post in this forum for over a month. Am I the only one here still flying a 4G3?

Strange thing happened today, switched on TX and plugged in the lipo as usual, then instead of the heli initialising, the tail motor span up to full speed. Fortunately the heli was still in my hand so I just unplugged the lipo.

Tried again and it initialised as normal, flew another 2 lipos without any problems.

Anyone else had this happen?

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-02-2010, 05:02 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

That is pretty weird. Never heard of that before. I have been experiencing a weird situation where I bind my 4G6 and the servos move like little "robots"... they don't move smoothy, but rather "choppy" and jump from position to position... difficult to explain, but they just don't operate smootly. I unplug the heli, turn off the TX, then go through the entire "turn on" process again, (TX on, then plug in heli battery, wait for it to initialize) and everything seems to move smooth and as one would expect. It has happened a few times, but doesn't happen all the time. Strange!
Steve Joblin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-02-2010, 07:59 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I haven't had that particular quirk happen before, it's almost like these helis have personalities

Dusty
Old 05-03-2010, 07:08 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
"it's almost like these helis have personalities"

Dusty
What do you mean by "like"... they actually do!!
Steve Joblin is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2010, 10:20 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

dusty, mine did the same thing too. its a strange thing when the heli has a mind of its own. mine a few times wouldnt bind all the way, it would start and then just stop. i have also had mine in mid flight it would act like i switched it into 3d (without the exrtra speed) and the throttle would become the vertical movement. havent figured that one out either.
Wes
-crash-wellthatdidntwork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-12-2010, 07:04 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I told my 4G3 at the time that it was being naughty. I said 'DON'T DO IT AGAIN!!!'

Since then it has behaved itself

Dusty
Old 05-12-2010, 09:04 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

hahahaha

i didnt have to say a word, i just gave it the raised eyebrow and itknew i ment business! haha

Wes
-crash-wellthatdidntwork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 11:30 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, I though I had things pretty well sorted out, but tonight I went to fly some and the tail won't turn at all. Seems to be related to putting on the canopy and perhaps rubberbanding up all the wires. I had this problem earlier today and I took the canopy and rubberband off and started messing around with the wire to see if something was loose. Eventually the rotor started turning. If I am remembering correctly, I did put the band back on and successfully flew some.
wschart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-28-2011, 12:00 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine did the tail rotor spin up on me as well a few times, just unplug the batt and connect it up again. It thinks it can fly on its own, you have to set it straight.

xp
xp190 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in