Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 600 Class Electric Helicopters

600 Class Electric Helicopters 600 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-28-2006, 04:34 AM   #1 (permalink)

Default 600 in the UK ?

Are there any in the Uk yet ???
Only see pre-orders in Uk at this time, would buy from USA but our Customs charge way too much import tax !!!
StevieBzz is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-28-2006, 06:35 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Prolly Mid July. Thats the time Majority of the shipment from Align Releases.
Old 06-28-2006, 08:12 AM   #3 (permalink)
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Will we get the same kits as USA or should I wait untill any up grade kits arrive.
Thanks. Its great to hear how you guy's are doing first.
Keep it Up !!!!!!!!!!
Old 06-28-2006, 08:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Stevie - there are many good model shops in Hong Kong who will mark your parcel as a gift
Old 06-28-2006, 04:32 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

helikraft is a good one!
Old 06-28-2006, 04:37 PM   #6 (permalink)

I bought mine in www.flying-hobby.com with Fung, the owner. Here in Brazil, the tax of purchase outside the country is 60% over the invoice and the ship value.
scrogerio is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2006, 09:58 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by �scrogerio�
I bought mine in www.flying-hobby.com with Fung, the owner. Here in Brazil, the tax of purchase outside the country is 60% over the invoice and the ship value.
We just convert dollars into pounds here.

new 450 carbon frame in UK �69, US $59.

When you guys say, "My worst crash yet!",show a picture of a horrifically mangled bird and then state, with a sharp intake of breath, "Dang, that's gonna cost at least $50 to get flying again", your humble cousins over here die a little inside. Why do you think we drink so much? :guzzle
Old 06-29-2006, 02:47 AM   #8 (permalink)

If we buy abroad and the shop does not mark as gift, then we pay vat at 17.5 % and import duty, not sure of rate.
Most of the shops in the USA will not mark as gift, they state the value of items hence tax.
600 here are 430 Pound Sterling to order and Batt = 120 Pounds.
And Rogan we do drink alot !!!!!!!! :twisted: makes the cost of crashing seem less !!
to Bob !!!!!!!!
Old 06-29-2006, 05:56 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Rogan - that's the exact reason I only buy my larger purchases from HK. The pound is not far of 1:2 on the Dollar at the moment :-) and the chaps in HK/China are more than happy to mark "gift" on any package :-) (and yes, I find those in the USA are more reluctant to - although I have one USA supplier who only seems to put the value of the cheapest item on the package :cool: ). I guess the yanks have to be a lot more careful.

The shipping on larger purchases can sting - but if you make sure you order lots of things at the same time it's ok. Example: I can get a Leptop for £364 shipped - all in - from HK. In the UK - £429. That's £65 saved and the shipping is nearly as fast lol. Add a bunch of servos, gyro, etc etc. then the shipping stays the same ($59) but you start saving a LOT of money
dodgey is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 06:07 AM   #10 (permalink)

dodgey are you jumping on the 600 band wagon yet ??

It would be good to know Uk folk who stick with same dealers etc, in Uk or World wide, for quality and cost comparison.

Tempted by 600, but unsure untill I know we will get proper production models.
I have a Sister living in Georgia ATL, USA, and she posts on stuff as gift, to save Tax.
I have had some crap stuff from Hong Kong and hard to replace and get refund.
Old 06-29-2006, 06:10 AM   #11 (permalink)

Hi

The Trex600 is due to be despatched from Robbe UK this week!
trex450uk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 06:15 AM   #12 (permalink)

What are the prices like and model prodution quality. I have heard that some are pre production models.
Midland helicopters have a pre order area, but no confirmed date or amounts of stock ?
Old 06-29-2006, 06:32 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm not getting one any day soon - I have a Logo 20 so there is no point me getting another heli the same size with different cells.

Saying that - I may well get one in the winter to put into a scale fuse. I'm itching to do a scale heli project over the winter and the Rex600 is a steal for this application. A real bargain.

If I was in the market for a 50 sized electric (gawd - everyone is now going to call it a 600 class lol) I'd def buy the Rex - it really is cheap with the motor and esc. My logo cost a lot lot more (tis a fantastic bird though)

I know what you mean about some HK suppliers. I've had good dealings with Fung but his products were complete trash. a 3s lipo that lasted 3 flights (felt like it was about 5c) and carbon blades that were split along the trailing edge.

George Lee at www.neogl.com (HK) is great to deal with - I buy normal stuff off him - not cheap Chinese bits - so the quality is the same as anywhere.

I buy my lipos (including individual cells) from www.truerc.com. Again - great to deal with (USA)
Old 06-29-2006, 09:20 AM   #14 (permalink)

RobbeUK are due to have 50-60 units, that they will be spreading around the heli shops, very thinly, but are the real deal not pre production!
trex450uk is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-29-2006, 12:55 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Robbe UK have airfreighted the consignment in so they can launch in the UK at the same time (or near enough) as the US. I've got one pre-ordered through a local shop and he has been told he should get maybe a couple, as trx450uk says they are being spread around the retailers so they will only be receiving part orders. There are only the carbon versions and no spares will be available until the main shipment arrives by sea. I'm hoping to have mine by early neaxt week
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-05-2006, 05:46 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I picked mine up on Monday, assembled that day, radio install Tuesday & ran 3 packs through for 5 minutes to bed the heli & packs in. If you're desperate Penn Models (01384 400085) have one on the shelf (or did this morning) plus two of the Align 4200 packs, ask for Andy and say Steve sent you, I may get commission :mrgreen:
stevehonn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in