Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 500 Class Electric Helicopters

500 Class Electric Helicopters 500 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-11-2012, 12:51 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Deet View Post
yes, thats what i replaced the old one with

not sure why i bothered to be honest
+1

I like the RCTek swash.. but I have absolutely no reason to spend the money at the moment. All three of my 500's are flying the original swash plates with zero play, and over 2 years old each. Maintenance fella's.. maintenance.....
HC500SE ....GO TEAM FLYBAR!
Blayd is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-12-2012, 06:51 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blayd View Post
+1

I like the RCTek swash.. but I have absolutely no reason to spend the money at the moment. All three of my 500's are flying the original swash plates with zero play, and over 2 years old each. Maintenance fella's.. maintenance.....

Out of curiosity, are you oiling the rotating hub bearing?

To me, since they come packed with grease, I've never oiled them. But some residual oil from lubing the main shaft and sphericial bearing has run down into it and washed some of the grease out at times. Just wondering what everyone else is doing.

BTW-I am using the rc-Tek swash at this time.
wanderer56 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-12-2012, 11:32 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Mine have always been the bearing getting loose inside the holder. I guess I could of just been really careful and go around it with a syringe and some green loctite. There is never really a problem with the ball. A little play there won't really do anything. It's the play between swash half's that cause problems. I have had a ball fall completely out and still land. I only noticed it because it looked like my shaft was bent when I landed. I have had the swash come apart and that is a different sorry. That time I also landed, but it was like a bull ride alll the way down. Here's a pic. You can kinda see my flybar is way off lol!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	inside3.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	40.3 KB
ID:	339858  
mhills51 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 11:26 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

after going thru 3 Align swash's I got a I2 and haven't looked back, one of my first inverted attempts resulted in a dumb thumb and I drove her into the deck inverted at full pitch, the main shaft pushed right thru the main and auto gears ( only time that has happend to me) I sent the swash to Bob at I2 and he replaced the bearing as it was now a wee bit notchy. I have hundreds of flights on it since and no problema, no slop, I place a little lube on the main shaft above the ball.

Here's a real swashplate, talk about a benie or head stopper.

http://www.iraqwarnews.net/2-23-08a.jpg

more Supershitter pics, scrol down for a look at the swash.

http://s362974870.onlinehome.us/foru...c=133659&st=60
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992

Last edited by skered53; 08-13-2012 at 11:38 PM.. Reason: Blade fold, droop stops, .041 safety wire with spagetti, pitch lock hyd actuators and the biggest hyd damper on the planet, .
skered53 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-13-2012, 11:41 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

and I thought 53's had a strnge blade fold pattern ( and the tail pylon also folds and the blades kinda interweave,
Check the storga folding on the Osprey
http://www.sinodefenceforum.com/worl...d-90-1975.html
T-rex 500FBL BeastX, I2 MRH & Swash, I2 boom support,( Bob's the Mahn ! ) DX7s. T-rex 550 I2 FBL head & boom support,KDE motor mount. CH-53E's 83-87. MCAS New River. FAA certified Airframe & Powerplant license holder since 1992
Old 08-14-2012, 04:15 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Here is my 53
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	003.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	111.9 KB
ID:	340397  
Old 08-14-2012, 10:05 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Got the l2 swash in today, it is nicely machined with zero slop. Maybe I'll get a chance to see how she fly's tomorrow.

Thanks again for the recommendations,
Ken
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-14-2012, 10:55 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mhills51 View Post
Here is my 53
Nice Looking Shitter ! ( that's we would call them ), do you have any vids ? was it built from scratch or a kit, looks like an A or D model, I never paid them any attention as were working on the E's and our shit was alot newer.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:04 AM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Thanks! It's not a E it only has two turbines. It was a styrene kit from darthdrk one of his first batch. I made the little tank holders and he made me the tanks. It only flew once and that was with the rudder full one way when I was trying to use a electric tail. I made the mistake of going really cheap on the mechanics. I play with the scales during the winter months and there was no winter last year. So I really haven't touched it for a while.
Old 08-15-2012, 10:59 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default i realized it was either a A or D model.

in the mid 80's we would see them making autorotation runs and they would nearly stand then on the tail to stop the forward motion. Not sure how many the Marine Corps might be flying these days.
Old 08-18-2012, 10:10 AM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I had that or more play in mine. If you take the swatch off turn it over you see it has about 4 places that it's peaned over to fasten the 2 parts together. Place the swatch on a large socket upsidedown and with a drill press 1st choise or a hammer pean the ring some more and it will tighten that slop to zero. Your welcome
Old 08-19-2012, 11:09 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by schoep View Post
I had that or more play in mine. If you take the swatch off turn it over you see it has about 4 places that it's peaned over to fasten the 2 parts together. Place the swatch on a large socket upsidedown and with a drill press 1st choise or a hammer pean the ring some more and it will tighten that slop to zero. Your welcome
Thanks, I'll give that a try just to see if it works. Knew there had to be a way to fix it. Will be my spare ; )

Oh, still haven't had the chance to fly the new swash...maybe tomorrow (geez, maybe my heli addiction is sick!)
AXN FPV
Daddy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in