Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > Ufly

Ufly Walkera Ufly Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-23-2010, 05:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Ufly for mSR pilot??

I currently have an mSR but want a bigger heli for outdoor use. How much harder to fly is the Ufly versus the mSR. I have been flying for several months and feel pretty good at flying the mSR, however, I know that flying a FP with a 90 degree flybar is more difficult. Is the Ufly the best bet or should I go with a cb180d instead? Thanks in advance.
SNOWFREAK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-23-2010, 07:54 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by SNOWFREAK View Post
I currently have an mSR but want a bigger heli for outdoor use. How much harder to fly is the Ufly versus the mSR. I have been flying for several months and feel pretty good at flying the mSR, however, I know that flying a FP with a 90 degree flybar is more difficult. Is the Ufly the best bet or should I go with a cb180d instead? Thanks in advance.
I've never flown an msr nor a cb180.. If it where me though I'd go for the Ufly. I love mine and its not difficult to fly in my opinion. Look at it like this you'll have to make the jump sometime why not know. Parts for the Ufly are cheap and it easy to fix if you have a mishap.
Old 03-24-2010, 11:34 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I've never had a cb180d but I do have an mSR and a cb100 and the Ufly IS harder to fly than both but not impossible. I'm still in the adjustment stage with mine and haven't had enough time or space to really try it out. I bought the upgraded "Hot Rod" version from wowhobbies and it has some improvements over the stock heli. I have bounced mine off of a few things and the only thing I broke was a leg on the landing skid (glued it back together) and I cracked the canopy.
js349 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 12:07 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

The UFly is just a 4# with a better tail. Unlike the mSR and CB100/180, it's not self stabilizing so it will teach you a lot about flying a heli. I think it's a heck of a lot of fun to learn on, so I say go for it.
Scream And Fly is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 05:17 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
I know that flying a FP with a 90 degree flybar is more difficult.
That is your ticket to advancement, if you want to advance in the hobby like fly CP's learn 3D, etc.

But if you look at helis only to relax, then get the CB180 instead. In the same line, you may want to try the CB100 too. If wind is your problem with the MSR, the CB100 is only slightly bigger than the MSR but twice the weight. The heavier weight will make it handle the wind better.

timewerx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-01-2010, 10:30 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I dont think you can go wrong with a new Ufly with the 3 axis gyro and digital servos they got em here great price I have one and love it.Flys great outside..http://www.ehirobo.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=334_90&products_id=9389
NuFlyA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-15-2010, 09:59 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

not a bad price at all, especially with all the aluminum parts, I have never heard of this brand but l like what i hear, looks nice,

I ended up getting a blade SR dirt cheep but after looking at this i might pick one of these up or at least something from this brand especially if i dont like the SR but i can at least get the hang of flying a cp and beat this up before i get one of these lol.
dannylightning is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 09:22 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

The only real negative about this heli is the tail gear strips very easy if you land it in high grass or just hit the tail into basically anything.Just land it on a hard flat surface and youll be fine.This really isnt a small area heli,it needs space.Walkera has come a long way.Quality and electronics are greatly improved and they are a very innovative company.Recently releasing affordable 3-axis gyros that perform well.Crash the SR and it will be more expensive to fix.Either way i think the Blade SR and Walkera Uflys are both very good intermediate Helis if you got 4 ch.coaxials down pat.
NuFlyA is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-17-2010, 09:28 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

the coax helis are extremely easy to fly. even the msr (after i got it trimmed) was no challenge to fly around a small room, out side it is challenging cus you got to battle with the wind constantly. inside it just glides around a room with ease.

i hope i am ready for this SR, i will find out this weekend. when i am ready for my next copter i well definitely do some research on the walkera choppers.
Old 06-25-2010, 10:57 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i take it these things are much better quality than e-flite ?????

I am not happy with my E-flite SR at all, it is so cheaply made and i got a lemon, the motor burned up right out of the box, they sent me a new motor(that is the only plus i can think of) it does not respond well the the controls at all, so sluggish you got to fight with it to get it to do any thing even when you give it full stick. and it just wants to drift all over the place. it wrecked lightly due to it being so unresponsive and the tail hit the ground and it bent in half at the drop of a hat, cracking the tail housing in the body of the heli, fixed it all up tried again and i get bad results.

my friend has a sr that i have flown and it responds much better, still a bit sluggish but i have not wrecked his, had to set it down quick the few times i flew it but they were good solid landings my flights were not that great but not bad for some one new to a P heli ( mine has crashed and burned on every single flight) his flew half way descent , my flights were not that great with his but they were not all that bad either.

i have heard a lot of people complaining about motor failure on the SR and the sluggish control's, how easy the tail boom bends and many other things.

I can fly the hell out of my sim, i can fly inverted, and do all kinds of aerobatics. but i get behind my SR and all i can do is wreck it.
Old 09-12-2010, 09:02 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Oops double post
vbluguitar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-12-2010, 09:03 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey Danny,

Motor burn out does suck and that is a common problem with all helis that have brushed motors. I was under the impression the SR had brushless motors which last longer, but no motors last forever, especially the larger motors.

Any larger heli like the sr or the Ufly will suffer much more damage on impact. Most cp helis bend their tails when they spill over, this is not an SR problem, it is a cp problem. The drifting "problem" you experience with the SR is not actually a problem, but is the reality that cps are way harder to fly than fixed pitch helis. My hobby store guy explained flying a cp heli like trying to balance a marble in the center of a flat plate while walking.

Btw the ufly is not a cp heli but an fp heli like the msr, sr120, or honeybee v2. It is harder to fly than the msr, but easier than the sr.

I think the big problem is that e-flite tried to sell the sr as an easy heli, and it is easier than a stock cp, but it is still hard to fly. You should try a blade 400. It will make your sr seem like the msr.
vbluguitar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in