Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Eagle Tree Systems

Eagle Tree Systems Onboard data loggers, telemetry, and OSD support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-10-2008, 09:27 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh mcormick View Post
Yes I did order the 2450's but received 2800's. But mine were accually mystery's but I think (like you said) your win-somthing brand is the same. I think they said the weight was 208 grams, but took it to the post office and weighed out at 201.2. Accurate within .01 oz they said. Cool, I was mad at first about not gett'in the right batts and was goin to ship back,but if yo digg'em I might give a try.
Oh now that pisses me off. I figured mine was just an honest mistake but now I have to wonder if they even have any 2450s at all.

At the same time, I think these packs will be fine. Glad to hear they are "only" 201 grams. Not sure at what point weight really hurts the performance, but it seems like it will take something heavier than this. Can you fit them under your canopy? I was shocked to find that mine fit even with the Eagle Tree sitting on top of it . Pretty tight though!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-10-2008, 09:42 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Love the info here fishboy!! Great stuff. Eagle Tree should thank you for another sale.
Old 12-10-2008, 09:49 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

yeah I sent them an email saying how I don't think this was a mistake, for I have read heli forums this about other people getting different batts, and how thats bad bussiness practice. DONT SELL STUFF YOU DON'T HAVE. Anyways yes it does fit under canopy, Mainly becase I already have cut two holes 1/2 inch behind stock canopy mount, because it was tight even with stock batts. But I think I am going to have to mount my 9650 on my tail to get my cg back. I havent yet soldered deans on yet, waiting to hear back from seller

josh mcormick is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-10-2008, 10:44 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by josh mcormick View Post
yeah I sent them an email saying how I don't think this was a mistake, for I have read heli forums this about other people getting different batts, and how thats bad bussiness practice. DONT SELL STUFF YOU DON'T HAVE. Anyways yes it does fit under canopy, Mainly becase I already have cut two holes 1/2 inch behind stock canopy mount, because it was tight even with stock batts. But I think I am going to have to mount my 9650 on my tail to get my cg back. I havent yet soldered deans on yet, waiting to hear back from seller
Well I'm glad you wrote them and told them what is up. I am too jaded with companies like this to think that my efforts will come to any thing. I guess the way I see it, the real problem with buying cheap isn't (necessarily) bad products, but poor customer service.

As for the CG, I am now currently using batteries ranging from 100 - 200 grams. Although it clearly affects the CG, the heli flies fine with all of them. It's just that with the 200g packs I need quite a bit more up elevator!!!
Old 12-10-2008, 11:04 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default You can use it to monitor charging as well

Here I have hooked up the Eagle Tree between a Mystery 2400 pack and my Polycharge4. At 4 minutes into the charge I started fussing with the current dial on the charger to see how accurate it is. Starting at the very bottom of the range (0.3 amps), I bumped it up every 20 seconds or so. So at 4 minutes it should be at 0.3 amps, at 4:30 it should be 1 amp, at 4:45 it should be 1.5 amps, at 5 minutes it should be 2 amps, at 5:15 it should be 2.5 amps, at 5:35, 3 amps, which is the max. Well it only went up to 2.35 amps. This is interesting because it actually charges my packs pretty quick - about 45 minutes at "1C." Although maybe that's just because my packs start out only half discharged!!
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Polycharge4 range.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	146.1 KB
ID:	72140  
Old 12-11-2008, 07:56 AM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy77 View Post
Yo AZheliguy. I got it from Advantage Hobbies - best deal I could find by far. It's $66 but you get 10% off on for orders over $100 for the holiday season. Or, if you order is below $100 you can get 5% off if it's your first order there. Orders over $50 ship for free. I ordered mine on Sunday and got it yesterday!! BTW the brushless motor rpm sensor is an accessory - costs around $14.
Thanks for the info!!!!
azheliguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 03:55 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm guessing that peak at the beginning is the vibration the esc creates for the audio feedback. I expect the sensor is picking up that vibration. You could convert the rpm of the blip to a frequency (tone) and play it back on a pc.

I'm curious, are you using the rpm sensor that measures the esc pulses to the motor, or the optical sensor?

widower is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-11-2008, 05:19 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by widower View Post
I'm guessing that peak at the beginning is the vibration the esc creates for the audio feedback. I expect the sensor is picking up that vibration. You could convert the rpm of the blip to a frequency (tone) and play it back on a pc.

I'm curious, are you using the rpm sensor that measures the esc pulses to the motor, or the optical sensor?
I'm using the brushless sensor, so that peak at the beginning is to be expected. The optical sensors sound like a pain the butt to set up. This was pretty easy.
Old 12-18-2008, 09:45 AM   #29 (permalink)

Smile

any new news
Ragapiet is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-18-2008, 10:35 AM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

Fishboy777-

Fantastic data I've just started running my 11t pinion and I used your lowside voltage for this headspeed calc.

My battery usage with the 11t in there was not as drastic as I thought. noted here:

This was a hover in idle up 90% flat curve. I should be able to get a good six minutes with a 2200 pack with at least 30 seconds to land if I'm benefiting from some mild FF
Old 12-18-2008, 03:49 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Eagle Tree is very cool!! I just happen to know what the contents are in a small box under the tree at the moment. Its getting to be hard not to tear that open seeing all this neat info that it produces.

But it maybe held at bay for a few days because X-Mas always seems to come early at my house.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	HPIM0448.jpg
Views:	75
Size:	87.2 KB
ID:	72959   Click image for larger version

Name:	HPIM0449.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	72960  
Old 12-18-2008, 07:39 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ragapiet View Post
any new news
Just put on a 10T pinion and hope the weather will cooperate tomorrow so that I can get in a few flights.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:41 PM   #33 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOMAZQ View Post
Fishboy777-

Fantastic data I've just started running my 11t pinion and I used your lowside voltage for this headspeed calc.

My battery usage with the 11t in there was not as drastic as I thought. noted here:

This was a hover in idle up 90% flat curve. I should be able to get a good six minutes with a 2200 pack with at least 30 seconds to land if I'm benefiting from some mild FF
That's cool!! I have been pretty impressed with the accuracy of the Dark Horse calculator, and the one you are using looks even more comprehensive.
Old 12-18-2008, 07:42 PM   #34 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by BennyTRD View Post
Eagle Tree is very cool!! I just happen to know what the contents are in a small box under the tree at the moment. Its getting to be hard not to tear that open seeing all this neat info that it produces.

But it maybe held at bay for a few days because X-Mas always seems to come early at my house.
Sweet!! How are you going to mount it?
Old 12-18-2008, 07:49 PM   #35 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

It comes with a mount that attaches you attach by velcro that comes with the camera. But that will make it far too close to the ground on the 400, if mounted on the bottom. So I've seen other guys just velcro strap it to the airframe, without the mount, to gain some more clearance.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second. I'll post some stuff when I get it all setup. Do you have any pics of your Eagle Tree setup?
Old 12-18-2008, 08:09 PM   #36 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
It comes with a mount that attaches you attach by velcro that comes with the camera. But that will make it far too close to the ground on the 400, if mounted on the bottom. So I've seen other guys just velcro strap it to the airframe, without the mount, to gain some more clearance.

Sorry to hijack the thread for a second. I'll post some stuff when I get it all setup. Do you have any pics of your Eagle Tree setup?
Hijack away - that's cool and I'm thinking about getting one of those. Here are some pics of the Eagle Tree.
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	ET1.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	67.7 KB
ID:	72991   Click image for larger version

Name:	ET2.jpg
Views:	91
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	72992  
Old 12-18-2008, 09:13 PM   #37 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I really can't wait to check it out. I'm one of those guys who loves numbers and stats.

Thats quite the repair job on the landing skid there.
Old 12-18-2008, 10:30 PM   #38 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Thats quite the repair job on the landing skid there.
Hahaha. I swear I wanted to replace them but skids were always out of stock when I was ordering so I was forced to rig up the abomination you see in those pics. Those are the same skids that came with my Blade - they've been through some nasty crashes!!
Old 12-18-2008, 10:53 PM   #39 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:

stay away from water. as mine went for a swimmmmmm

decent quality vids and make sure you have lots of sun.
sokal is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-19-2008, 06:06 AM   #40 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by fishboy77 View Post
Hahaha. I swear I wanted to replace them but skids were always out of stock when I was ordering so I was forced to rig up the abomination you see in those pics. Those are the same skids that came with my Blade - they've been through some nasty crashes!!
Its a unique look. I'd say keep going with it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sokal View Post
stay away from water. as mine went for a swimmmmmm

decent quality vids and make sure you have lots of sun.
I was meaning to ask you Sokal, how did you mount it up?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in