Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Align 3G FBL System

Align 3G FBL System Align 3G FBL Flybarless System Software and Hardware Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-15-2010, 07:44 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Lightbulb Trex 500 3G settings & config files

Hi all,

By now I guess everyone is busy like I am playing with the settings on the 3G software to try and get their helis dialed in. So no doubt there will numerous posts in the future with everyone's settings and suggestions.

In order to have this wealth of info in one easy to find place I was thinking of starting a thread (or possibly a sticky thread) for the 500 where everyone can post their successful settings and/or config files.

Maybe the admins could also set up seperate sticky threads for the 250, 450, 600, 550, 600 and 700?

Just a suggestion, what do all think??

Heath
heath9069 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-15-2010, 10:44 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Agree!

+1 on that

I just received my software today but it would be very nice to compare others once we all start tweaking with them.
Azdesertfalcon is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 12:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

I haven't tried it yet, but I don't believe file swapping will rework. There are to many factors that go in to getting the settings perfect. Head speed, blade type ( weight, CG ), servos, servo linkage lengths, heli weight and CG and flying style. I think it's best to share what adjustment affects the behavor of the heli. For example, my 450 was good during hurricans, flips and hard stops, then I went in to a funnel and it felt weird like it was fighting me. If I remember right, I lowered my lock gain and increased my total gain and it felt much better. So far I had better results increasing control rates for faster flips and rolls compared to adjusting the bell and heller rates. I still can't rap my head around the bell and heller rates on a flybarless system. So I increased my cyclic pitch and increased my control rates for Ail and Ele. Bell and Heller rates are taboo for me, I'm leaving those at the default.
mickeyjohnston is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 12:47 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I do not agree. I think file swapping can only help this FBL endeavor. It certainly cant hurt. why not try someone elses settings, if it works, it works, if it don't, it don't. I dont see a down side to it. Maybe all helis are set up a little dif. I don't see how this changes anything. ether the setting work/help or they don't. As quick and easy as it is to load a file on these systems, I would think that this will be used a lot. I just wish a couple pros would post there files for us to try. Professional pilots have a lot better feel for what each setting changes, so there files would be more tuned than most. I know not everybody wants a heli that will flip and roll crazy fast. But, some of us do. More files that you try more information you have. Information is key.
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 06:35 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Good to see a bit of healthy debate going on. The idea behind this thread was to share settings or setup files in oder to get out helis flying just how we like them.

As previously mentioned, information is key and I'm sure sooner or later someone will get their heads around the software and work out the best way to tune our helis to our liking.

I've been playing with quite a few parameters and seem to be making progress towards getting rid of the tail wag/wobble and subtle head bobble in FFF. But I have to say that the V2.1 firmware is leagues ahead of V1 in all aspects of flight.

All I can say is keep tinkering, but yes it would be nice if a pro or expert could chime in with some suggestions.

As a side note of interest, I recently installed a new Hyperion motor (HS3026-1600) and a set of Edge FBL blades and found that I can now get and extra minute of flight compared to using the stock 500L motor and 425D blades. Happy with that

Heath
Old 06-16-2010, 08:26 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'll post my 450 file once I save it to the computer.
Old 06-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #7 (permalink)

My HF Map location

yeah lets see some files people
burton8012 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-16-2010, 12:48 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default y - harness

Has anyone else decided to fly with the Y harness installed?
My only concern is that the Y junction might not be air worthy and could fail as a result of vibration.
Old 06-17-2010, 02:13 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You can fly with the Y harness no probs at all, just secure the loose plug.
Old 06-17-2010, 09:16 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by heath9069 View Post
You can fly with the Y harness no probs at all, just secure the loose plug.
Will do.

I thought I could but wanted to make sure since there was no warnings to only use it for programming. Plus I also was looking at the Y connector and could see a couple of pins sticking through the heat shrink so I wanted to see what everyones thoughts of airworthiness was. I installed another layer of heat shrink to cover the exposed pins

thank you for the advice
Old 06-17-2010, 10:35 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I just hope they will offer y cable replacements. I want them on all my birds. way easier to mess with settings if I don't have to keep changing the cable from one heli to the next..
Old 06-17-2010, 10:38 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamullen View Post
I just hope they will offer y cable replacements. I want them on all my birds. way easier to mess with settings if I don't have to keep changing the cable from one heli to the next..
I thought they were for sale but are most likely out of stock
Old 06-17-2010, 11:57 AM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azdesertfalcon View Post
I thought they were for sale but are most likely out of stock
Yep found it part number is HEP3GF03
Old 06-17-2010, 12:36 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by akamullen View Post
Yep found it part number is HEP3GF03
Funny I was just getting ready to post the part number.

Let's see how long they take to get
Old 06-17-2010, 04:18 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just make the Y cable yourself. If you have multiple heli's with 3G's you probably have extra cables.
Old 06-18-2010, 03:08 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I would rather just buy the cables. To much hassle to cut,strip and solder all those wires... Also, My cables would not be as clean looking as the factory cable. I will just hold out till they are available..
Old 06-18-2010, 05:18 AM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeyjohnston View Post
Just make the Y cable yourself. If you have multiple heli's with 3G's you probably have extra cables.
+1. Got a DIY job permanently installed in a scaler (totally unaccessable otherwise)
SidewaysLS4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 06:34 AM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just checking in to see how you are all going with your settings. I've pretty much got rid og the head bobble in FFF although if i'm really cranking in FFF I have to be very gentle on the collective and elevator or the heli can pitch up rapidly (better than pitching down ).

As for the tail wag in the hover and FFF, I'm still playing around with it. It is a lot less than in the V1 firmware but it is still there which is annoying and not very confidence inspiring.

Reducing the Rudder Lock Gain has helped a little, but the tail is still not as locked in as I would like.

Anyway I'll keep plugging away and if I make a breakthrough I will post it asap.

Good luck.
Old 06-21-2010, 07:02 AM   #19 (permalink)

My HF Map location

I think I'm gonna bail on my 3g when new vbar comes out this dam 3g is crap I strapped my 720 on my velocity and that was it none of this pitching up crap and bobbing I'm having
burton8012 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-21-2010, 07:40 AM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I feel your pain, but I'm going to persist with the 3G for a while longer in the hope that someone will "crack the code" on this thing or a new firmware update will solve these niggling problems.

The tuning software has only been out for a couple of weeks so given some more time I'm sure there will be improvements. Just look back at the older versions of the Vbar, there were nightmare stories with that unit also. I just hope it doesn't take years to sort because the 3G will end up like the Dodo .

Happy tweaking

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in