Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > Blade 500X

Blade 500X Blade 500X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2014, 08:30 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Question blade 500X Normal Throttle Curves?

just curious as to what normal throttle curve everyone is running on their 500 X?... The one in the manual seems way to low?...
Advertisement

Old 04-12-2014, 10:16 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade 500X Normal Throttle Curves?

I was thinking the same thing. I have a feeling blade recommends these curves to avoid a headspeed known to induce harmonic vibration (guessing between 60 and 100%). Check out this letter someone posted from blade. After Having one tail explosion already and reading this letter, I'm nervous running anything different than what the manual specifies.

D22597 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 10:31 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

The 500x is a screamer, let 'er rev and it comes alive.
Old 04-12-2014, 10:56 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

On my 500X, the stock ESC is at WOT when my throttle is at 70%.

So anything over that makes no difference. Try it, I am betting you will see the same.
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 12:24 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default blade 500X Normal Throttle Curves?

Not me. I have a huge HS increase from 60 to 80% and increase from 80 to 100%. Not as drastic, but a definite increase. I will measure the HS next time I fly to see what it equates to.

I've seen this posted by others so I believe you. I wonder if the throttle end points are off on some birds?
D22597 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 12:29 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mostly depends on tx signal. If we all used the same gear the results would be very close.
Old 04-12-2014, 03:36 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by VortechZ230 View Post
just curious as to what normal throttle curve everyone is running on their 500 X?... The one in the manual seems way to low?...
Ya, I agree, way too low around lo-mid throttle. Makes is kinda hard to land with any tail authority and also gives you a big jump/vib when you switch to a higher idle-up flight mode.

I'm currently using; 0-55-65-75-100 and this seems to work well. I couple this with a normal pitch curve; 40-45-50-75-100.

As others have noted, I seem to actually see 100% throttle at just over 80% on my Tx settings (~82-83%) even though I did go through the esc's calibration step. No big deal imho.

Cheers,
TomC
Now also a FPV addict; Quads and Planes (soon to try heli's!)
TomC is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-12-2014, 05:29 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by D22597 View Post
Not me. I have a huge HS increase from 60 to 80% and increase from 80 to 100%. Not as drastic, but a definite increase. I will measure the HS next time I fly to see what it equates to.

I've seen this posted by others so I believe you. I wonder if the throttle end points are off on some birds?
Well I actually measured it--move the motor off the pinion--you can either tach it (the motor) or just listen.

Don't know how far off different transmitters can be--especially Spectrum DSMX ones, mine is a DX6i with endpoints set at +-100%. Remember the throttle curves suggested in the manual are the same for all transmitters (except for the screwy TH 10% for the DX6i).

Anyway I think that is the reason for the 60% max in "normal".
ahahn is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in