Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Gaui Helicopters > NX4

NX4 Discussion and support of the Gaui NX4 Nitro Helicopter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2013, 12:16 PM   #141 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

I received a replacement bushing from Empire and installed that and have been flying my NX4 religiously every weekend since then. Tail still holding up well. I also got a bushing from Taus and if my stock slider ever fails again, I'll install his. I really believe this was a factory assembly problem and not a design issue with the part itself... at least that's what I'm hoping!

After my last flight yesterday, I was removing the canopy and the patch job I had done to re-enforce the grommet holes crumbled! I guess nitro does some nasty stuff even to the mighty JB Weld!
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-04-2013, 01:09 PM   #142 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

We recently received a few of the new pitch sliders from Empire, they are from the new shipment/batch that empire received a couple weeks ago. Hard to see through the package what has been changed, I can confirm they are assembled though.

Last edited by akamullen; 02-04-2013 at 06:05 PM..
akamullen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-04-2013, 04:42 PM   #143 (permalink)
Registered Users

I also received a new one from empire that is assembled.
joallen001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 12:26 PM   #144 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Replacements

The new replacements are assembled.

Sorry for the confusion.

Regards
Team Empire
Old 02-07-2013, 12:44 PM   #145 (permalink)
Registered Users

Hey , one replacement whas with my new x4 kit , arived last week , but when i want to change to the new one , the old one is straight off broken , only 1/8 off a turn and snapt off ( heating up with the gun ) ,
the old part is broke inside the tail ,, imposible to take the old one out ,,, i have tryd almost all what is posible , its stuckt in the tail part ...
i need to order one compleet new one from the x5 .bad luck ..
Greats to all menbers , Thanks for all help ..
hepat911 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 01:12 PM   #146 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hepat911 View Post
Hey , one replacement whas with my new x4 kit , arived last week , but when i want to change to the new one , the old one is straight off broken , only 1/8 off a turn and snapt off ( heating up with the gun ) ,
the old part is broke inside the tail ,, imposible to take the old one out ,,, i have tryd almost all what is posible , its stuckt in the tail part ...
i need to order one compleet new one from the x5 .bad luck ..
Greats to all menbers , Thanks for all help ..
I had the same problem. It took me a while to get it out, but I finally got it out by applying a lot of heat and then I used a flathead screwdriver that was narrow at the tip and wider as it got deeper into the threads until it engaged the brass part. I was then able to slowly turn the screwdriver and back out the brass insert.
AMA #934662
caralmar is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2013, 02:53 PM   #147 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I also received a new one from empire that is assembled.
Quote:
Hey , one replacement whas with my new x4 kit , arived last week
I have three kits and didn't get any replacements. How are you guys getting replacements?
Old 02-08-2013, 10:54 AM   #148 (permalink)
Registered Users

My pitchslider failed in flight last weekend, luckily the only damage was a set of blades and tailgears. The slider was out of stock were i use to shop so i looked around in the old parts box an found a busching from a Raptor 90 slider that looked nearly identical. It took some massive amounts of heat and a knife to get the old one out. The threads on the Raptor busching were longer and the "head" fatter, anyhow it was a perfect fit. Overall it was 1,5mm longer than the Gaui busching, a little less throw but not noticeble.
viktorsx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2013, 12:41 PM   #149 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by GasNerd View Post
I have three kits and didn't get any replacements. How are you guys getting replacements?
JC and empire hooked me up with replacements! Great support from both of them

-GN
Old 02-16-2013, 08:23 PM   #150 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default My X5 FES slider just broke

Just to add me to the list.
I was landing and the tail just went.
It was a clean break, exactly like everyone elses, at the root of the threads.
I built my X5 from the kit and it has about 30 flights on it.

This was before Christmas and I ordered another one from Helidirect on 11 Dec.

1 x Gaui 208369 CNC Tail Pitch Slider Set (for 5mm tail output shaft) - X5/X5 FES (208369)

I have just had the chance to fit it and test the X5.
All seems OK for now.
Mine came fully assembled in the bag.
I just found this thread (well, Google did) because I usually hang out on the X5 areas.

I have written to JC about a replacement.
Cheers
Tim
Protos Max v1 (800) - 7HV v2 - X7 - Trex 600 ESP - X5 FES - Logo 480 XXtreme - Protos 500 CF Stretched x 2 - Trex, CopterX & Blade 450s - CopterX 250 - MCPX - Nanos - XK 110. MD500 (Funkey / Align 600).
TimM is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 12:00 AM   #151 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by caralmar View Post
Wow, you got lucky to get it down in one piece!

When I had an X5, my pitch slider also failed. I wasn't able to save it. I installed the Trex600 slider and used the inner hole on the tail shaft and a spacer on the ball to get the geometry right. Never had a problem with it after that. Who knows... there are a ton of X5 owners who never run into this problem...and then there are a few of us that do. About the only thing that makes sense to me is that the brass material is just too thin once you machine in the threads there's almost no meat left.

I really like how Tauseff has solved this problem. His approach does away with the threads and just "pins" it like a rivet. This makes the piece very sturdy and the same thickness all the way through. The downside is that the bearing and the CNC arm are now "married" and if you need a new bearing, you will need to replace the whole thing... but I would rather do that than have another in-flight failure... Just the canopy and blades will set you back $150!

I have been flying using the same part. The regular CNC tail pitch slider i mentioned i ordered. I think it's the G-208369 part. Anyway, My original failed on Flight 132 (6 min flights). I am currently on flight 194. I am thinking about removing the slider nowish to check for any stress on the brass. I don't think i want to try and disassemble. But i think i might be able to see down inside if there is any cracking. I might just replace it now all together for the $16 before it wears and fails again. The slide wear combined with the thread cuts is what i suspect to be the culprit. As well as the obvious possibility of over torquing. But this leads me to a question...

What is the difference between this part for $17:

G-208369

And this quoted "new version" for the NX4, which is $22

If the only difference is that you have to assemble it yourself it's pretty F'ed up that they charge more for it. So i'm really confused and worried i'm going to pay extra for the identical part that has been sold previously for less.

Quote:
I didn't see an official announcement on a recall yet from Gaui ( http://www.gaui.com.tw/html/news.asp )

Has anybody got a replacement yet via the recall ( that hasn't crashed first ) or heard back on any inquiries regarding it?

-GN
I got in touch with my distributor (clubheli.com) and he directed me to empire or someone else. I never sent them an email, maybe i should? I figure with my post and video showing the issue, maybe they will replace the part? I would hate to have this issue occur again after all the wonderful things i have said about Gaui.
Integrity Handywork is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 05:30 AM   #152 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by viktorsx View Post
My pitchslider failed in flight last weekend, luckily the only damage was a set of blades and tailgears. The slider was out of stock were i use to shop so i looked around in the old parts box an found a busching from a Raptor 90 slider that looked nearly identical. It took some massive amounts of heat and a knife to get the old one out. The threads on the Raptor busching were longer and the "head" fatter, anyhow it was a perfect fit. Overall it was 1,5mm longer than the Gaui busching, a little less throw but not noticeble.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20130208_171346.jpg
Views:	232
Size:	72.1 KB
ID:	395132

Name:	20130208_170717.jpg
Views:	248
Size:	67.4 KB
ID:	395133

Name:	20130208_170637.jpg
Views:	219
Size:	66.2 KB
ID:	395134
Broken Nx 4 bushing and Raptor 90 bushing
viktorsx is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-17-2013, 06:59 AM   #153 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Thanks for those photos - very clear

Very easy to compare those sliders, thanks.
Protos Max v1 (800) - 7HV v2 - X7 - Trex 600 ESP - X5 FES - Logo 480 XXtreme - Protos 500 CF Stretched x 2 - Trex, CopterX & Blade 450s - CopterX 250 - MCPX - Nanos - XK 110. MD500 (Funkey / Align 600).
Old 02-18-2013, 09:07 AM   #154 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
I got in touch with my distributor (clubheli.com) and he directed me to empire or someone else. I never sent them an email, maybe i should? I figure with my post and video showing the issue, maybe they will replace the part? I would hate to have this issue occur again after all the wonderful things i have said about Gau
@Integrity Handywork,

JC from Empire/Gaui should be able to help you - he has been very helpful with me and especially with this issue and getting me the replacements.
I feel much better with my NX4 now with the new slider!! Great support from JC/Empire/Gaui!

If you still don't feel comfortable, Luca Invernizzi from Lynx told me that they have a replacement tail slider coming right after the Chinese holiday! I may try that on one of my NX4's at some point as I have been pretty happy with the Lynx stuff that I have experience with.

-GN
Old 02-18-2013, 07:34 PM   #155 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
@Integrity Handywork,

JC from Empire/Gaui should be able to help you - he has been very helpful with me and especially with this issue and getting me the replacements.
I feel much better with my NX4 now with the new slider!! Great support from JC/Empire/Gaui!

If you still don't feel comfortable, Luca Invernizzi from Lynx told me that they have a replacement tail slider coming right after the Chinese holiday! I may try that on one of my NX4's at some point as I have been pretty happy with the Lynx stuff that I have experience with.

-GN
Well, I sent an email to JC yesterday (Sunday) and the replacement parts are on their way to me already !
VERY fine service for a VERY fine Helicopter (X5 FES BeastX)
So I am VERY happy about it.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:14 PM   #156 (permalink)
Registered Users

Add me to list of Pitch slider failures! Flight 7 on my nx4, started build around black fri.
Took my time and just recently had its maiden, 4 flights,(basic hover) to break in motor.
Took it out couple weeks for quick tuning flight, and another last week. ( weather and time have not been on my side) Finally took out today to start to get the real feel of her. Nothing crazy, just full th. and some piros, pumps, about 3 min into flight, fast bank turn, UH OH!
Tail let loose, managed a safe auto, bent landing skid only, Not sure what at this point, tail was operating properly, maybe my ICON?? Started up again,checking tail slider operating appropriately, gets light on skids,,blow out!. turn off and there she was separated slider. The scary part was i moved rudder and it grabbed and didnt seem to have problem till some force was applied.

About 1/8" of bushing, same MO. Sent Experience RC an email couple weeks ago when I heard they were all being replaced from Empire but they have not yet replied.Now that it's broke, Hope they will respond quick or should I go to Empire directly?
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-28-2013, 05:39 PM   #157 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickr1 View Post
Add me to list of Pitch slider failures! Flight 7 on my nx4, started build around black fri.
Took my time and just recently had its maiden, 4 flights,(basic hover) to break in motor.
Took it out couple weeks for quick tuning flight, and another last week. ( weather and time have not been on my side) Finally took out today to start to get the real feel of her. Nothing crazy, just full th. and some piros, pumps, about 3 min into flight, fast bank turn, UH OH!
Tail let loose, managed a safe auto, bent landing skid only, Not sure what at this point, tail was operating properly, maybe my ICON?? Started up again,checking tail slider operating appropriately, gets light on skids,,blow out!. turn off and there she was separated slider. The scary part was i moved rudder and it grabbed and didnt seem to have problem till some force was applied.

About 1/8" of bushing, same MO. Sent Experience RC an email couple weeks ago when I heard they were all being replaced from Empire but they have not yet replied.Now that it's broke, Hope they will respond quick or should I go to Empire directly?

WOW Gotta say KUDOS to JC and Empire hobby Cust service.
Just received tracking info on my replacement slider. JC read my post sent me pm w/info for replacement.

Anyone not sure weather to get NX4 or not,,GET IT! Empire has been standing behind there product and support is fantastic!
crickr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-17-2013, 11:35 AM   #158 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default How to contact?

Quote:
Originally Posted by crickr1 View Post
WOW Gotta say KUDOS to JC and Empire hobby Cust service.
Just received tracking info on my replacement slider. JC read my post sent me pm w/info for replacement.

Anyone not sure weather to get NX4 or not,,GET IT! Empire has been standing behind there product and support is fantastic!
So call me stupid/ignorant but how do you get in touch with JC/Empire? I had mine shear in two yesterday just hovering. Scared the crap outta me, but was able to safely auto while piroing. Don't ask how haha, but I got it down.
Anyways, how do I contact?
mCP X ||| mCP X BL ||| 130X ||| 250 FBL ||| 250 FBL #2 ||| 450 Sport V2 FBL ||| 450 Pro FBL ||| X5 ||| DX6i
Airman0386 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-15-2013, 10:25 PM   #159 (permalink)
HF MR Support

+1 same here! Today mine broke clean in two on 6th flight. I wish I would have seen this thread as a sticky...

I too was able to auto her down from about 40' while still pirouetting and amazingly done no damage. I just had enough momentum that it tipped over slowly on it's side just as the skids slid on the the grass.

Man, I don't know how I done it either, but the slow pirouetting auto was actually so awesome, I couldn't do it again to save my first born... lol

Know I dying to try autos like it on the flight slim.
clouseau is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-17-2013, 11:29 PM   #160 (permalink)
Registered Users

i feel ya man. I was like, HOLY )(@$ DID YOU GUYS SEE WHAT I JUST DID??!!! while at the same time going cause it just let go.
mCP X ||| mCP X BL ||| 130X ||| 250 FBL ||| 250 FBL #2 ||| 450 Sport V2 FBL ||| 450 Pro FBL ||| X5 ||| DX6i
Airman0386 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in