Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-20-2014, 10:49 PM   #1161 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by edin508 View Post
Just finished replacing all of the broken damaged parts from my last RROD, and with what I hope to be better servos too. I also moved the BeastX to the top of the heli so I can get at it easier. With that, I just spent a crazy amount of time reprogramming it, this is my first time doing so.
Tomorrow will be the maiden flight, I hope so anyway! Everything seems to be set up correctly to my noob eyes, keeping my fingers crossed. Maybe I should put on my motorcycle helmet and leathers for it.
Wish me luck!
Someone mentioned it's easy to get the blade grips on backwards both main and tail. You probably checked that already, just thought about it since catching up today. Best of luck!
thruster is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-20-2014, 11:00 PM   #1162 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks. And no, I haven't checked for vibes yet. I did all of my set up's with the motor leads off to keep it from spinning up. But now they are attached and ready for some OUTSIDE tests, lol. There is no way I was going to spin that thing up inside with all of the horror stories I have heard about helis taking off, etc..

And yes, I did check for my grip directions, because I saw that post earlier too. I checked and double checked all kinds of stuff, being so new to all of this I hope I didn't miss anything. I watched so many vids and read so many posts during this process I think I have it down.
edin508 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 06:21 AM   #1163 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Thanks. And no, I haven't checked for vibes yet. I did all of my set up's with the motor leads off to keep it from spinning up. But now they are attached and ready for some OUTSIDE tests, lol. There is no way I was going to spin that thing up inside with all of the horror stories I have heard about helis taking off, etc..

And yes, I did check for my grip directions, because I saw that post earlier too. I checked and double checked all kinds of stuff, being so new to all of this I hope I didn't miss anything. I watched so many vids and read so many posts during this process I think I have it down.
This was a handy post for me....

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Top mount requires switching F= Blue to red, M= blue to purple, N= blue to red .
Old 04-21-2014, 09:02 AM   #1164 (permalink)
Registered Users

That was one of the posts I saw that helped me as well! I wrote those changes down to make sure I did them. Thank god for this place!!!
Old 04-21-2014, 09:46 AM   #1165 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just took the mains and tail blades off to bring it out and check for vibes. Looks like I need to get a main shaft, replace that, and try again.
Old 04-21-2014, 09:47 AM   #1166 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by vronny View Post
Top mount requires switching F= Blue to red, M= blue to purple, N= blue to red .
Quote:
That was one of the posts I saw that helped me as well! I wrote those changes down to make sure I did them. Thank god for this place!!!
For the record, that statement oversimplifies things. I do believe the colors suggested for F and M only apply to the stock servos or other servos that have the same "reversal" configuration. The settings won't apply to most retrofit servos since they operate reversed from the stock ones.
Other: Atmel AVR microcontrollers, electronics, 3D printing
helibus is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #1167 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Re: What did you do with your 300x today?

Quote:
Originally Posted by helibus View Post
For the record, that statement oversimplifies things. I do believe the colors suggested for F and M only apply to the stock servos or other servos that have the same "reversal" configuration. The settings won't apply to most retrofit servos since they operate reversed from the stock ones.
+1

Uriah is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #1168 (permalink)
The Airetic

Have I mentioned that edin508 has my favorite avatar on HF? Anyone you know? Or just a random pic?

Today I looked at my 450XS hanging on the while while I tore down the BL for a rebuild and did some tuning on the 300X and Warp.
Old 04-21-2014, 01:32 PM   #1169 (permalink)
HF Support

I actually flew it!

It's been a while since I flew my 300X since I'm getting way too many toys and just don't have the space in my car to haul everything out to the flying field any more. Plus the weather has been pretty sucky of late, so flying time has been pretty limited. But it's starting to look up.

What shocked me is how well it flies. I just didn't remember it being so awesome. It's a fully upgraded 300X with the Lynx frame, Castle ESC and Hyperion motor so it's no slouch. I guess I just forgot how much I liked it. So I'll be finding some space for it more often on my little treks out to the field. After flying the bigger guys a lot more it really does feel like a micro without all the headaches of one.

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	O65J4OF.png
Views:	274
Size:	417.3 KB
ID:	503938  

Last edited by Nelsonisms; 04-21-2014 at 04:25 PM..
Nelsonisms is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 02:09 PM   #1170 (permalink)
The Airetic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nelsonisms View Post
I actually flew it!
Yeh buddy! I flew "mine" yesterday for the first time in about 2 months.

I say "mine" because I actually sold it to a friend of mine who is an "occasional flier" that lives about an hour from me. He just leaves it here at my place and comes over to fly every once in a while. I still am free to fly it whenever I want, though I rarely do.

Not a bad bird for sure, though like yours, mine is well equipped. I wouldn't say I miss it, but that is only because I don't have a need for that size bird in my hangar right now. I have more than plenty of space to fly 450 size helis about 200 yards from my house.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:05 PM   #1171 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by KiloXray View Post
Have I mentioned that edin508 has my favorite avatar on HF? Anyone you know? Or just a random pic?
It's just a random pic that I found years ago. I use it on a bunch of forums I am on and it is one of my favorites too.
Old 04-21-2014, 03:09 PM   #1172 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by thruster View Post
I do appreciate your feedback. I always use usa warehouse but this item is not even listed there. I hope that changes. Last time from china I used EMS, paid at least $35 and still took two weeks. I'm in no hurry, it's a great price. It's good to hear it from you so others have the info to factor into their choices.
Just for the record - I ordered mine while they were in stock March 10th - still waiting.
Metroart is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-21-2014, 03:24 PM   #1173 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Just took the mains and tail blades off to bring it out and check for vibes. Looks like I need to get a main shaft, replace that, and try again.
Main shaft replaced and it's not better. Stripped everything off again and just ran it with the motor only, vibes like mad. The stinking motor is vibrating and just transferring all of the vibes throughout the whole heli. I'm so done with this damn thing, time to box it up and sell it for parts. I will keep the BeastX, and that's about it, I'm just sick of dumping $$ into this thing instead of saving for a better heli.
Old 04-21-2014, 05:16 PM   #1174 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Metroart View Post
Just for the record - I ordered mine while they were in stock March 10th - still waiting.
Thanks for sharing. Hope it speeds up for us both! For my order....malaysia post tracking says "sent to L.A. California 4-19-14". And it shows up on USPS tracking....says something like "original post has notified us of pending shipment".
Old 04-22-2014, 10:19 AM   #1175 (permalink)
Registered Users

Went through 5 packs this morning. I noticed that on the 4th pack she started to drift to the right ever so slightly. I put the 5th pack in after letting her cool down. I had her up for about 20 seconds and then the RROD came around. I was able to keep control and immediately landed. Just before my surgery on March 24th, I had the RROD (again never hit the ground) that was cured by a new motor from Horizon Hobby. Anyway when I made it back home this morning I called Horizon Hobby again. They offered to send me out yet another motor since the last one cured it. I opted to send her to Horizon instead. Other than the last month or so, the last time I flew was in the 80's. Also considering that I haven't put one together for almost 20 years, I thought it best to let them figure out why the motor keeps causing the RROD. I know about the motor mod but the folks over at Horizon said that would cancel my warranty. Also if I would have hit the ground during either of my RROD experiences that would have killed my warranty as well. I'm hoping that they find something in the motor mount alignment or even in the main gear alignment that causing me to get only about 20 to 30 flights per motor. The service tech I spoke with said that other than the servos, his 300x was stock and he's had hundreds of flights without any issues. I plain on building my next heli. After that I'll feel much more confident with tracing down issues like the one I'm having now. In the meantime, it's probably best to let the folks who built her find out what's going on. Supposedly its about a 10 turnaround. I'll keep you folks abreast of anything I learn.
Hankdog17 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-22-2014, 12:50 PM   #1176 (permalink)
Registered Users

Two packs after work.
Phoenix R/C v5
helidude71 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-26-2014, 11:30 AM   #1177 (permalink)
Registered Users

Perfect weather for flying today, loading up for the airfield.

The turnigy 3D-H beastx clone gyro arrived yesterday, took only ten days from china with cheap airmail shipping. Disappointed after opening box and looking at unit. This one they sent me is the version 2 which is good, but it's not a new item, meaning it's all scratched up like it's been used before. Just surface scratches like any well used item, and the dials have tool marks on them. No worries so long as it works (have not tested yet) but still not what you want to see. Up until now my HK experience has been really good.
Old 04-26-2014, 09:30 PM   #1178 (permalink)
Registered Users

Mine was new without a scratch on it. That's a shame.

Old 04-27-2014, 04:56 PM   #1179 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Four successful flights in a row! (but not 5).

After a horrendous crash a few weeks ago and a lot of rebuilding, adjusting, test flights, etc (replaced main frame, gear, shaft, much of the head, resetting blade pitch, and dealing with the BeastX for the first time...) I managed four very nice, controlled flights today with the Blade 300X!!

What a joy! I came back home with a big smile on my face, recharged a couple of packs, and went back out...my first ever loops (?), but then something went wrong, had difficulty controlling it, and hit the ground. Of course, forgot to use the throttle hold.

The thing is, through it all I have learned a ton about this heli and how it works. Have now basically rebuilt >50% of it, and what used to seem daunting and impossible is now just a setback. So, I'm still smiling, and convinced that the 300X was a fabulous choice for stepping up from msr/mcpx.

(If anyone needs help replacing a 300X main frame, let me know - I took notes...)
Twistygizzard is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-27-2014, 07:13 PM   #1180 (permalink)
Registered Users

I get all giddy when the only problem I have on a bird after 50+ flights is an EC3 connector cracking. So that's what did with one of my 300Xs today.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in