Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 60/70/90

Thunder Tiger 60/70/90 Raptor 60/70/90 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-10-2010, 01:50 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default about to buy a raptor 90 3D

I want a 90 size heli that could run on gas at one point. My only experience is on lipo 400 and 450. I never crashed since i have "real" helicopters.

I'm saying that cause i fully inspect and do maintenance on my trex 450 between flights so i dont have to flip throttle hold before impact. but before buying the raptor i found i came to read what you guys say about it and i watched youtube videos and the current conclusion i have is that it is a thirsty helicopter that is very prone to failure leading to crashes.

Am i wrong?
Err0r4o4 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-10-2010, 02:01 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thirsty yes, it's a 90..........They all are.
Raptors are flying tanks and will outwear anything out there. Only mechanical issue I have ever had was stripped tail flat gear. But that was my own fault when I didn't check/replace the gear from a previous tail blade ground strike. Mine is about 2 years old with lots of flights and still there is no visible slop in the head.
Old 04-10-2010, 05:46 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well, like Corona said, a 90 is gonna drink up your fuel pretty quickly, but that's for any 90. I personally have not had a mechanical issue with mine unless I've dumped it in the dirt. All of the links are tight, no slop in the head, and the tail gears are holding up great. You just have to take care of it like any other heli. What made you come to the conclusion that they are prone to failure? One or two youtube crashes?

T-Rex 470LP...
TCipolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 06:30 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

well, when i write Trex 450 SE on youtube i get mostly people learning to hover of people beating the crap out of it. when i write raptor 90 i get mostly crash videos.

dont get me wrong i really look forward having a 90 size but i'm just wondering why most video on youtube are mostly crashes.

also i read about something related to main gear that has to be modified right out the box because the vibration make it loose and lead to the ground again. So in the end i wanted to know it there were good and the crashes are caused by poor care and maintenance by owners.

I made my mind from the replies i had and from more reading here and i called the guy to tell him i'm buying it.
Old 04-10-2010, 06:48 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Glad you made the decision to go with it. I don't think you'll be disappointed.

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5ryrmlZXRo[/ame]

T-Rex 470LP...
TCipolla is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-10-2010, 07:10 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

this is madness ! its very impressive but never in this live of mine i'll do that. I do 3d stuff sometimes but nothing close to that.

I'm buying a raptor 90 for 2 reasons:

1- i'm tired of these sunny days a bit too windy for my 450. I believe that a heavier 90 size will give me more flying occasions

2- i want a big enough helicopter for a FPV setup with HD camera. I know i could do something with my trex but with the size and lift of a raptor 90 its gonna be best.
Old 04-13-2010, 11:22 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

1- i'm tired of these sunny days a bit too windy for my 450. I believe that a heavier 90 size will give me more flying occasions

Last Sunday I flew 5 tanks with winds 15-20 mph gusts to 30+.......twas fun! the 90 has the weight and stability to handle it!
.........It rubs the lotion on it's skin or else it gets the hose again.........
fixnfly70 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-04-2010, 12:06 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Awesome flight..!! I am really poisoned by the R90 3D..!!

http://nitro-magic.blogspot.com
TmMugen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in