Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Thunder Tiger 30/50 > Titan X50

Titan X50 Thunder Tiger Titan X50 Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2014, 01:56 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Wish we knew what TT has in mind

Just thinking of TT 50's. They've been a mainstay for a long time. Wondering if TT will have a nitro in this class to follow the X50, or if they will essentially exit this segment of the market. Honestly, the electric side is much more competitive than the nitro side. TT had one of the few reaming 50's. TSA, Align, Synergy are the remaining candidates that I am aware of. Jusdging from the FF's, Synergy is most popular of those three. Would love to see TT stay.
Advertisement

Old 07-25-2014, 09:58 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

When you can take a model to the field week in week out and not have to do much in the way of maintenance and then have a model that flies so well the X50 is a brilliant machine.

I can't recall what I paid for the kit but I am pretty sure it was no more than I would of paid for an Align 600N.
Andy from Sandy is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-26-2014, 09:51 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

I bought my X50 for $549 USD. Including Redline 53 and Hiflow muffler and some really nice flying carbon blades. The Redline doesn't have the power of the YS 60, but it sure runs great week in and week out, as you say. Really hoping they stay in this market.
Old 07-28-2014, 01:21 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

I got the combo with the Redline 56h. I have built a couple of Align helis and the quality just couldn't even compare to the X50. I am really hoping they don't drop out of the .50 size nitro game as it would be a huge loss to the hobby IMO. At our recent fun fly the x50 was easily the most well represented nitro heli out there followed by Synergy. As long as I still can get parts for my x50 I will keep flying it but if Thunder Tiger doesn't release a new .50 nitro heli then when the dreaded rekit happens I will probably end up going with Synergy.
Old 07-30-2014, 01:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I wish mine had come with the RL56. I'd like to convert one to the O.S. 40L carb from the O.S. 55Hz (I have one). Next time this YS craps out, I will simply buy a new RL56 and be on my way. But that's engines.

There's something about the X50. I cannot say it's quality, however. Lots of slop in the torque tube drive lugs. Tolerances in the main grips were bad. But, not major issues. I think the duplex damping in the X50 head, and snappy geometry makes this thing rock when there's enough Mojo under the shroud. It's just crazy fun to fly.

I thought my newest 700N addition would make this pale, but it doesn't. My 700N is a very nice model, but it's no where near as fun to fly. Just not as quick.
Old 02-12-2015, 03:18 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

You can't really compare Align with TT. I refuse to buy any "new" align stuff when they refuse me on the warranty service. I only buy align parts for my existing 450 pro and sport. once they gone west, I am completely out of align crap. The align thing is basically a bill me later product. More time you spend with it, more money you gonna dump in. Did I mentioned that I haven't replaced a single part for my TT E550 for a year? (Of course I never crashed.) But I am replacing parts for 450 Pro that never left the ground.
Old 02-14-2015, 09:35 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well, since this thread, we now know that Tower/Hobbico misled us indicating they were "discontinued" much of the season last year. TT is now with HRP, and the nitros are here to stay for the time being.

That said, I've never had problems with the Align machines I've owned. There were shortcomings, but mostly great experiences. I've seen a few I wouldn't want to own due to how they are arranged in terms of difficulty of maintenance, but the larger models seem pretty good. I have a 700N which is a hoot to fly. To be fair, it has much of it upgraded, so it's not anywhere near stock, but that was how I bought it.

The great part of the TT formula is they produce a great flying model which for me has been very rugged. Never enjoyed a model more than my X50. I am happy to learn they will continue to support it.
Old 02-20-2015, 10:01 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i heard they are making either a new or updated nitro G4 i cant recall which one was said new or update but for sure the G4 is coming back!! when it does im grabing one up.
Old 02-20-2015, 12:39 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

To my knowledge, they still offer the G4.1, John. Juts have to order them from Taiwan for now. I believe Ron Lund will have our TT parts by flying season. I'd love one of those G4.1's too, though. Easily my fav 90 nitro. I like that red metal flake canopy. Kind of slutty looking, if you know what I mean! HAHA!

But for now, I have a very special 700N that I don't care to get rid of. Picked it up soon after the fun fly last spring. Totally custom everything. Have a snarly YS 91SRX Tareq back from Murnan Modified Motors ready to piss burning nitro flames! Will be running it with a new Hatori Tareq pipe. Also picked up for it a Torq throttle servo to match the others on board. Determined the Futaba HV servo I was running was too dang slow. Not any more!

As for the X50, it's ready to go. I also put a far faster throttle servo in it when I mod'd the cylinder liner, and it really improved running quality.
Old 02-21-2015, 09:02 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Rob, game on !! that 700 sounds sick. a couple my buddys have that motor n pipe and had tim jones do the cyclinder work on it...ported and tuned...all that jazz. they are as mean if not meaner than a 12s 700e!! im expecting my new logo 550sx today in the mail!! game on !! X50 is still on the bench waiting to be put back togeather. ill be getting a new sleeve for my YS60 and sending it your way soon. and yah as soon as i recoup some money after this build im going for a G4.1 ill probably end up getting rid of the TT E700 just cuz i love nitro and i now have too many packs to charge and not enough charger and generator lol and yah that red metal flake !!! i like em slutty hahaha
Old 02-21-2015, 06:06 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in