Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Other Makes and Models Helicopters > Dragonus

Dragonus Dragonus Helicopters

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Group order to RCER

OK fellow Dragonus owners, in the next two to three weeks, I'm planning to place an order to RCER to stock up on some of the occasional crash parts that cannot be easily obtained through Hobby People. I mentioned this in another thread but wanted to announce this in the clear for any of you who need parts in the 48 CONUS but don't want to spend $29.45 to ship an order that includes a tail boom or canopy. The more of you there are, the more we can save collectively.

Since I am painfully familiar with shipping costs from Taiwan to the US, I'll be able to tell you how much you can save on shipping depending on what your needs are. That way we can decide ahead of time if the deal pencils for you (and me). A couple of you guys have already expressed interest so you'll hear from me in the next few days. As I said above, I'm going to leave this open for a while since we don't get a huge volume of traffic in here.
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2012, 01:34 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'm still up for it.
Old 09-17-2012, 11:33 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hey yeah let us know when you are ready to order, thanks for taking up the mantle for us all.
DeadTom is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-17-2012, 02:10 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Your welcome DT. I'll give it another one to two weeks just to make sure everyone has the chance to get on board that wants to. The plan is to post here two days prior to my order to give everyone a heads up, and pm everyone who has expressed interest to me (one way or the other). Thanks for the interest.
Old 09-24-2012, 09:46 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Great idea. I'd be interested in this if it is still open.
radu7 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-25-2012, 10:52 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

It's still open. I'm planning to put the order in Monday of next week. Right now there are five who have expressed interest. I'll pm you and everyone else in a couple days to send me your orders. I'll then respond with what shipping will be for you individually. From there you can see if it is worth it.
Old 09-27-2012, 06:51 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Today I'll start pm'ing everyone who's expressed interest. Be thinking about what you want to order. Thanks.
Old 09-30-2012, 09:36 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Still waiting to hear from a couple of you. The plan is to finalize everyones order tomorrow. Send an exact price to each participant. Place the order Tuesday.
Old 10-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick update. Since the 'freak went down for me the last two days I've had to push things back until this weekend to submit the order. All those I've hear from will also receive a pm. Thanks guys.
Old 10-12-2012, 12:56 PM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Is it still possible to get in on this? I was at the HF funfly so this totally missed me!
Himilou is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-31-2012, 07:46 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just a quick update to let those who are in know that our order is probably starting its journey to the states right about now. Thanks to everyone who responded with orders. For those who expressed interest and then repeatedly ignored my requests for information and payment day after day.....well....for shame.
Old 11-14-2012, 08:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

The group order is in and sorted. For those who participated, I'll send tracking information tomorrow afternoon. Never seen so many Dragonus parts in one place!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:27 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Sorry slept on the group order! I was studying for my FAA exams and put the heli away. Now I need some parts and kicking myself for it!
Actually studying was more important but now that I got my A&P certificate, I'm back in the hobby! Let me know when the next group order is. I won't sleep on this one!
Old 11-24-2012, 09:32 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Actually if anyone has some frames (upper and lower) I'll take them! LMK! Really wishing I wouldn't have missed the group order right now...
Old 11-26-2012, 06:17 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

RC247, I sent you multiple PM's while you were actually on HF over a period of a coupld weeks! All of those messages were ignored. I understand if the timing was not good but all you had to do was take two minutes and respond. Remember, you asked me to let you know when I was ready to do the group order. I did that. I don't know what else I could have done.

If I have anything left it will be the aluminum frames. I'm keeping my G10 stuff for now.
Old 03-20-2013, 06:15 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am game for another group by if any one else is needing parts. My Dragonus Pro lost power about 6 ft up while bringing it into a hover at the end of what was an uneventful flight. I had switched into regular flight mode from idle up (at about 20ft up) to drop the head speed and as I positioned for landing it lost all power. I hit throttle hold and it landed hard on the skids. Minimal damage but one of my carbon lower frames was damaged and will need to be replaced as well as putting a good size crack and some chips in my vision fiberglass canopy.

SOoooooo if any one out there in Dragonus land is needing some parts maybe we can get another group by together from Rcer.

Ryan
FiveZigen is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in