Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > SR

SR Blade Helicopters (eFlite) SR

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2012, 02:38 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sr help

Hi guys. New here and need a little help. Let me give u some background first. Bought the st uh huey. Straight out of box did piro from %^#. damaged body beyond repair. So rebuilt it as a regular sr. Next strapped it down on a lazy susan. Yup learnin here. Ok so a bad tail motor. Got that replaced. Noe i can hover on a sim. Cant fo forwArd flight but can hover. I realizr that while hovering there will be drift. Not what mine did. Lift about 8-12 inches. Tail holding fine and then out of no whefe shoots off without input and slams imto house. My question is what is out of adjustment to cause this. When i rebuild what should i check
medic_149 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-21-2012, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Anything can get the heli to drift into something. Check tracking of the blades. Also try and move the weights to the center of the fly bar to make it a bit more responsive. Are you using the Stock TX? These birds tend to be really sloppy on handling. Thats what make them user friendly almost to the point they are almost under flyable sometimes. Try the weights or even taking a set off and try again. This time fly in a field of high grass. If you have to ditch hit TC and the grass can soften the blow a bit. Lay out something flat so you can land and take off from.
Old 09-22-2012, 04:14 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Hovering on a sim requires virtually zero input, they just hover like a video game. Hovering in real life is completely different. You will want to work on forward flight on the SIM, if you want to fly the SR, since you already have the sim this would be the best route.

Work on flying forwards, stopping, flying backwards, stopping. Strafing side to side with quick stops. Work on doing it all faster and faster, till you can do it without even thinking about it. Once you can do that, and get a feel for the inputs and the corrections you need to make, take out the SR again after its fully repaired and trimmed out. The SR requires massive stick inputs with that stock TX, compared to heli's on the sim.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in