Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Century

Century Century Helicopters Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-24-2011, 09:22 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

should be ready to fly this weekend ...weather permiting
helimanny is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2011, 09:24 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by helipete View Post
Hey Sparx

Are you using a govenor in that flight or just curves?

thanks
RevMax Limiter.
Old 01-25-2011, 07:02 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helimanny View Post
should be ready to fly this weekend ...weather permiting
Keep us posted..

Al
RealFlight 7.5
al_voisine is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2011, 07:28 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXHSHV View Post
Hey AL I'll start with the last question,for kill I simpley do it the same way I do it on a nitro, I do remove the idle speed screw on my gassers( not neassary)could simpley back it out, but I like the cleaner look. on my radio I have a throttle cut feature witch just fully closes the carb when activated,as for a manual switch on the heli, I see no reasno why not, but if you can get to it you could get to the throttle levar and killl it that way too.A neat idea would be to have a radio activated kill switch,I have had a throttle servo fail on one of nitro's,a radio remote kill would be pretty handy in that situation, but I've only had it happen once in thousands of flights, so I don't see the need, and on that perticular case I simply landed in idle up and applied negitive pitch to load the motor till it ran out of fuel.
Also there is the fail safe feature that a lot of radio's have, witch centers all the servo's and drops the throttle to a position of your chooseing.works if the transmitter dies, not much good if the receiver fail's but I don't know what would help you there.

as for the G10 frames on the 30 yes there is nothing wrong with them however when you upgrade to the carbon or carbon SE there is a ton of other upgrades that go along with these If you can afford it I would go for the carbon SE for an extra $200.00 over the g10 model you get a gorgous full metal head,cnc swash,carbon frames, A sweet paint job on the canaopy, carbon boom braces and a cnc and carbon tail box.
well worth the extra 200 bucks.
For servo's the Brushless ones are not needed,Any good quallity high tourqe metal gear servo will serve fine, digital would be best but not neccassary either,when I look for a servo I look at the speed, tourqe,gear's and replacement part availability.
for speed I like from .10 to .13, for tourqe A 90 size should have atleast 125 ounce ,the gears need to be metal, and I look for ones that have even the small gear metal, alot of metal gear servo's have one plastic gear and in a crash it strip's,then make sure replacemennt gears are available and not too exspensive , some gear set's cast 75% of a new servo.
I guess the first thing to decide is how much are you will to spend on servo's and shop the servo's in your price range.
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...?&I=LXRJS5&P=7
the futaba BLS 451's would work great and are only $110.00 each.
opinions vary greatly on servo's,you could spend alot of time decideing on a set.

as for the same battery for receiver and ignition, yes ther is people doing it, but it's not recommended,you could possibley get interferance from the ignition into your receiver this way and also if something whent wrong with the ignition it could short out your battery and take out your radio.
as for magneto's they are atleast as reliable as the EI and alot of people would say even more so.plus the ignition components for the magneto are cheaper, if something was to fail or get damaged in a crash.personaly I'm a big fan of magneto ignition, keeps it simple one less thing to go wrong and as for weight, by the time you add an ignion battery to a EI motor the weight will be close.

hope this answers your questions.
Thanks for the excellent information the time and effort to put such a comprehensive response together.

I will read it over a couple of times to make sure I get it all.

Fly safe!

Al
RealFlight 7.5
Old 01-25-2011, 12:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile Bought Predator NX V2.0

Well I thought about it alot and, after talking to and getting comments from many great folks, today I finally pulled the trigger.

I ordered:
Century Predator Gasser NX V2.0
Zenoah G231
Rotor Tech 7166 - 710mm Blades
Torpedo Slim V2 Tunable Muffler
Futaba GY701 Gyro/Governor
Futaba BLS251 Tail Servo
Futaba BLS451 Cyclic Servos
Align DS410 Throttle Servo
Voltmagic Battery Monitor
Sullivan Dynatron Starter

Now why isn't it here yet...??

I want to thank all those who provided their thoughts, comments and advice.

See, I was listening.

With any luck, I will be flying this spring.

Man this is gonna be a big machine! Especially considering that my biggest heli is a T-Rex 450.

Thanks, Guys!

AL
RealFlight 7.5

Last edited by al_voisine; 02-02-2011 at 06:12 AM.. Reason: Added throttle servo
Old 01-25-2011, 09:52 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by al_voisine View Post
Well I thought about it alot and, after talking to and getting comments from many great folks, today I finally pulled the trigger.

I ordered:
Century Predator Gasser NX V2.0
Zenoah G231
Rotor Tech 7166 - 710mm Blades
Torpedo Slim V2 Tunable Muffler
Futaba GY701 Gyro/Governor
Futaba BLS251 Tail Servo
Futaba BLS451 Cyclic Servos
Voltmagic Battery Monitor
Sullivan Dynatron Starter

Now why isn't it here yet...??

I want to thank all those who provided their thoughts, comments and advice.

See, I was listening.

With any luck, I will be flying this spring.

Man this is gonna be a big machine! Especially considering that my biggest heli is a T-Rex 450.

Thanks, Guys!

AL
I always say bigger is better. I love 90 size heli's you can see what they are doing with out have Hawkeye vision
just something about a big heli , they're just cool, the noise, the presence in the air, the blade noise ARH ARH ARH.gotta love them
sounds like you've got a sweet setup on it , i'm sure youy will love it, the 231 is a sweet motor, have them in my radical 30's and so far I'm loveing the 231.the tail vin is electric smooth.
Old 01-26-2011, 11:10 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

MAXHSHV

If you are flying electrics you may want check out the gasser forum here:

https://www.helifreak.com/forumdisplay.php?f=24

You may also want to post the weight of your G30 here:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=273866
Old 01-31-2011, 04:07 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Great thread. I didn't even think about the disc loading until I read this.. Thank you.. I am not a 3D guy I would like to try this G20 but sound is a huge issue for me.. I own a Predator and she is a HONKER to say the least. If you have flown one you know what I am talking about.

Anyway has anybody tried a can muffler on the smaller 20EI motor yet? I am trying to set up to hit the NATS this year and want to campaign a GAS helo. I wanted to use the G20 until I read this thread. I need to really stretch my dollar to make this happen so the single biggest cost is practice and at 35.00 a gallon my glow birds are simply out of the question. If anybody has tried a can muffler can you let me know what exactly you used and what your results are?

I have a tuned pipe all set up for my 231 I just cant find a header that will work or is in stock..
Power is not my end desire its sound. I want her quiet..

Sorry for the ramble, I guess I just don't know what I am going to do..YET

Thanks
G$
I have a couple months still but would like to have a new airframe here by the end of next month. Winter/cold is about to be done and I want to be ready as soon as my sissy ass can get out there and fly..
Gmoney is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-31-2011, 06:57 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gmoney View Post
Great thread. I didn't even think about the disc loading until I read this.. Thank you.. I am not a 3D guy I would like to try this G20 but sound is a huge issue for me.. I own a Predator and she is a HONKER to say the least. If you have flown one you know what I am talking about.
By Honker, do you mean loud?

What muffler do you have on it?

What class do you plan to compete in at the Nats?
Old 01-31-2011, 07:03 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MotorRotor View Post
By Honker, do you mean loud?

What muffler do you have on it?

What class do you plan to compete in at the Nats?

The "HONK" is the sound you get from the carb sucking in air.. I didn't realize it until one day my son said "Dad that thing Honks" It sort of fits.. You can hear the sound of the air sucking in more than the exhaust some times.. The Maxium I had was twice as bad. I am running a torpedo muffler century offers. I think it a V2?

I will fly class one... I have tried to do this twice and each time work or family emergency gets in the way.. I figure being unemployed, now is the time to make a run at the NATS...
Old 02-03-2011, 12:18 PM   #31 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ok, well I made a ton of calls and I have come to the conclusion that using my Preedy is my best bet. I wanted a new helo and will buy one but for now I will start to practice for the new season as soon as we get through this damn cold spell. I will be getting a new helo but something a little out of the norm for me and I am going to take a walk on the FBL scene. I have High hopes for the G20 but for right now I will just use what I have.

Thanks for all responses.
G$
Old 02-03-2011, 12:47 PM   #32 (permalink)
Registered Users

Your Preddy should do well in Class I. Of course, for that type of flying you must be sure to set it up for that type of flying, which will be a very different set-up for the Class I hovering and upstairs maneuvers then for 3D.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in