Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 700 Class Electric Helicopters

700 Class Electric Helicopters 700 Class Electric Helicopters manufactured by Align, Tarot, SYMA, Airhog, Chaos, HK and similar.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2010, 11:09 PM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkFlysHelis View Post
It's going to be a little sad when he actually get's the Align motor and realizes it's patterned after the one he just spent a couple hundred bux on.
It will...
The 700M motor is actually pretty cool - very powerful. A little high-pitched note, but nothing I can't handle.
Edvard R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2010, 11:17 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edvard R View Post
It will...
The 700M motor is actually pretty cool - very powerful. A little high-pitched note, but nothing I can't handle.

So there basically the same design motor but the bolt pattern is different? Wow. And does Align make the Scorpion motors? How close are they really?
Old 04-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by ramsdellcp View Post
sounds like some people are getting jealous lol, nice choices on the electronics!
No jealousy here! That's the great thing about this forum and RC in general. For the most part people don't feel the need to spend more, or make it "blingier" than the next guy. He builds his, I build mine and we meet at the field for some fun. I can appreciate what he's doing with his heli and put in my two cents, but at the end of the day it's not mine. I'm only jealous that he's getting his 700 before I'm getting mine!
Old 04-29-2010, 11:42 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Well said
Edvard R is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 02:07 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just thought I'd share, this ESC is freaking huge..But still does not comepare to my CC Hydra 240HV. Got most of the wiring done and the 6.5 cc Bullet's on..Ran out of shrink wrap..

Old 04-30-2010, 02:29 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Very nice!, Im in the middle of a 700N to 700E conversion right now and we have almost the same components. I went with the regular 8717s though, I always ran them at 8V with no probs. Same motor. Im going with a 12 tooth pinion to start. Quark gyro. Radix blades. Im going to use a CCHV110 or HV85 though, way smaller/lighter and will get the job done just the same. Good luck with your build!
motorcycleguyr1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 03:16 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

You do know that the scorpion 4035 is 25mm spacing M3..the motor mount is 30mm M4..And it is NOT slotted, so be prepared to do a little cutting, drilling or whatever it takes. And no Align does not make Scorpion motors. Yes the motor is similar, 12N10P But the Scorpion has bigger magnets and a MUCH smaller air gap and I bet the magnets have a stronger rating as well (N50). That being said I am sure the stock motor rocks and I will mostly use mine but I do have a 4035-500 sitting here that I may force install.
rotaryguy is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 03:17 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by helicraze View Post
Not sure, both are pretty powerfull, but you will have fun mounting that on the trex 700E as the bolt holes are M4 30MM spacing.
I dont think he is reading...just ordering. ...all in good fun
Old 04-30-2010, 09:36 PM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

Looks like it will finish out about 16Lbs AUW !! Lot's of nice gear though.
I like to find the "light way" to build. CCHV85, Scorpion motor and a pair of $38.00 Zippies.= Lot's-O-fun !!
sawdust is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-30-2010, 10:05 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryguy View Post
I dont think he is reading...just ordering. ...all in good fun

I know that Align does not make the Scorpion motor's, that was just sarcasm towards another member because everyone say's that the Align 700motor is basically the same.

And I was reading when another member had told me the Scorpion motor would fit right up with no cutting.. Which still is not a big deal at all. I want the motor mount adjustable...

So the Question is.. How. I've done this before with Boat mount's with my Dremel tool and a few other thing's but it didn't turn out too neat... worked..but ugly cut.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:19 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Just giving you a hard time...
Well, this may help get you started thinking about the how...As you can see there is not much material left and even less if you move those holes inward. The holes are just big enough for the 4mm bolt so that will give you a better idea of what you are up against.
I am still considering a way to mount my 4035 as well, maybe drill the 2 correct holes opposite the originals and then slot the originals using all 4 to mount the motor. That way you spread out some of the load on the mount because with that huge center hole the wall will be thin between there and your new motor mounting hole/slot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	P1050324.jpg
Views:	249
Size:	50.1 KB
ID:	154167  
Old 04-30-2010, 10:36 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by rotaryguy View Post
Just giving you a hard time...
Well, this may help get you started thinking about the how...As you can see there is not much material left and even less if you move those holes inward. The holes are just big enough for the 4mm bolt so that will give you a better idea of what you are up against.
I am still considering a way to mount my 4035 as well, maybe drill the 2 correct holes opposite the originals and then slot the originals using all 4 to mount the motor. That way you spread out some of the load on the mount because with that huge center hole the wall will be thin between there and your new motor mounting hole/slot.

I was planing on just cutting out the edges (Between white lines) and using longer threads and two large washer's for each side.. If this does not work then I may just use the factory motor until I can get a friend at a machine shop to get spec's and press me some perfect hole's set just for the 4035 Scorpion motor. Seems extreme but...

Old 04-30-2010, 10:44 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I'm sure that SOMEONE reading this thread would be able to machine some nice mounts for those that want to use the Scorpion. Sounds like enough people are going that route, so it may be profitable for them, and a good solution for all.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:45 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yep...not sure if I would go all the way through but thats what I was thinking. Be aware that those slots would all the motor to move side to side and not forward/backward so no mesh adjust. You cant see the holes on the side of the mount, they are in those 4 small feet plus you have the pinion support block thats in a fixed position as well but no matter, the 500 kv is basically the same as stock anyway so the kit pinion and motor location should do fine....hmmmmm...I wish I had a drill press, I guess I could use my dremel.
Old 04-30-2010, 10:46 PM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Oh you can bet there will be a mount...no doubt, but I want one NOW! lol....
Old 05-01-2010, 09:58 AM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do any of you guy's know of a Member on Heli freak that can do some cnc work? I'd be willing to buy one quick. I might have to stick with the stock motor for now...which isn't that big of a deal. I just thought while fund's were good in my position right now to go ahead and upgrade the motor. My kit is sent out and on the way so I may do some drilling and cutting myself and let you guys know how it works.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:02 AM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

Also, Has anyone saw or used the BLS251 Futaba tail servo yet? I have one hooked up to the Quark and it's freaking fast!! It make's my JR G servo with 401 seem slow.
Old 05-01-2010, 10:44 AM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

"fireup" and yes, the BLS251 is a flagship rudder servo.
https://www.helifreak.com/member.php?u=16415
his site
http://www.k2heli.com/
Old 05-01-2010, 01:47 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

Just read up on Castle's site and it says to never cut or take out the red wire on the HV Ive or PH. Controller's? So I just plug in and program?
Old 05-01-2010, 02:01 PM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok so I plugged the ESC in and followed Finless Video's and set my throttle end point's to the ESC. Everything worked out right. So now that the throttle is set, Can I hook my Castle link into the esc and do some programming, or wait? I read on the Website that the Ice HV controller's come already setup for 12s Heli use? Do I need to make some changes?

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in