Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > 800 Class Helicopters

800 Class Helicopters 800 Class Helicopters

Like Tree3Likes
  • 1 Post By garfield2412
  • 1 Post By garfield2412
  • 1 Post By garfield2412

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-29-2014, 09:47 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default Anyone run a Suzi Laos 800??

If so how do you find it?

What gear do you run??

Super rare I know and doubly hard to find anything out about them or to find someone with one.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-30-2014, 01:37 AM   #2 (permalink)

There was one in Viena for sale:
http://www.epheli.pl/index.php?name=...43725&start=15

Last edited by utrinque; 05-30-2014 at 10:50 PM..
utrinque is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2014, 07:17 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Anyone run a Suzi Laos 800??

Let me know if you have any more qs
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-01-2014, 08:12 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Will do cheers.

Think it will make an interesting project
Old 06-12-2015, 03:51 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have just inherited a Suzi Laos airframe can anybody help with this please ????
robbarnes1098 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-12-2015, 11:41 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by robbarnes1098 View Post
I have just inherited a Suzi Laos airframe can anybody help with this please ????
just ask your questions, maybee we can help. I own a Laos since 2012.

The "Manual" is here: http://www.3dpp.eu/pages/Suzi-Laos-english.htm
trillian likes this.
Old 04-10-2018, 09:41 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Is anyone still flying the Suzi Laos?

Just curious if anyone is still flying one, or if anyone has any spares they would sell etc.

Basically, I have a 'new' never flown Suzi Laos that I am about to build up. I was told this was the very last one assembled with the last of the bits.

It's a shame the website is down and Peter has moved on as there is literally zero info available about the Suzi models. I was able to retrieve the page that I think was the closest to a manual: https://web.archive.org/web/20130816...os-english.htm
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.

Last edited by trillian; 04-10-2018 at 09:53 AM..
trillian is online now        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-16-2018, 03:47 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

i still run it.. flies very fine :-) Still love it.
I know a guy in Germany who got the CAD files for the Laos from Peter. (His Name is Tom)

Don't know many about Peter but i heared he was ill .
From what i have heared he was/is a good friend of Dr. Okon (powercroco - the god of Brushless Motors). Maybee he knows something about him.
Peter was active 2017/12/02 at rcheli.de the last time.

I had a little accident in 2014 and the guy who got the files miled me new skids.
I had to order the Carbon Fiber from a Carbon Recycling factory in Germany and they sent him the material and the he sent the miled skid to me.

If you like i can ask him about the CAD files and who is miling spares - or if he still does it.

here is the whole thread about the laos (in German) please feel free to translate it via Google:
https://www.rc-heli.de/board/showthr...ight=suzi+laos
trillian likes this.
Old 04-16-2018, 06:49 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks very much for your reply! I have been in touch with Peter and I told him I would really like to have a spare set of gears and (hopefully) a spare canopy as those would be the things that would be difficult to replace.

We have exchanged a few messages and basically he was saying to me to just fly it and that he doesn't like to sell parts if I'm just going to sell it on. The person that owned it before me obviously never finished building it and never flew it. So I understand his point.

My point is simply that as this is not a heli from a factory, like Henseleit or Minicopter where I can go fly it and a year later if I need a part I just ring them up and they send me one. Anyway, I sent him a detailed reply explaining that I don't want to put my heart and soul into something that is dead if it goes in. And these days my flying is quite confident, I am not likely to crash through pilot error, but an esc can shut down, an RX can glitch, a battery wire can come loose, a link could pop off - anything can happen. How would I feel flying something that I know is grounded if a custom part breaks. Soooo, we shall see what he says.

The only thing I think I need and have not yet found is a very tall 10 tooth pinion - I will be aiming for low headspeeds so 10 tooth would be good. If not, I have an 11 tooth Kasama pinion that should work.

Are you using the DFC head? What is your setup, motor, pinion, servos? (sorry for so many questions - I have not been able to find anyone still flying one! )

Thanks very much once again for answering my thread! I'm so glad to hear yours is still going and you're still liking it.

--- just noticed you have a Velos! I loved the look of them but I missed the boat. I am now looking at the Shape S8 :-)
HD Cell 750, RJX Vector, TDR, TDSF, Kasama Dune and Faifa, Minicopter Triabolo 700, Beam Avantgarde, JR E8 leggero, Suzi Laos, Shape 9, Shape S8, Rave 450, TRex 500, Raptor E700, Compass Warp, Steam 700, Spirit, Spartan, Jeti.
Old 04-18-2018, 01:29 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by trillian View Post
The only thing I think I need and have not yet found is a very tall 10 tooth pinion - I will be aiming for low headspeeds so 10 tooth would be good. If not, I have an 11 tooth Kasama pinion that should work.

Are you using the DFC head? What is your setup, motor, pinion, servos? (sorry for so many questions - I have not been able to find anyone still flying one! )

Thanks very much once again for answering my thread! I'm so glad to hear yours is still going and you're still liking it.

--- just noticed you have a Velos! I loved the look of them but I missed the boat. I am now looking at the Shape S8 :-)
i have asked the guy who miled the spares for me if he still does - but didn't get a reply yet. he deleted his Profile @rc-heli.de .
I'm glad to hear Peter is fine!
and i think if you Crash - Peter will find some way to get parts to you. the Laos isn't a Commercial heli, so some things will be special.

have to count tooths - but i think i am using a 11T scorpion Pinion.
I aimed for low headspeed too.
my laos is very lightweight (5,00 kg) and 1250 HS is pure fun with this leightweight machine!

i'm using the original Align DFC Head. Installed the Align 800MX-520 and Castlecreations 120 EDGE. FS0521HV Servos (Coreless). I used to fly Gens-Ace 4600mah 12s packs, but 4000mah packs are also fine.
if you fly soft 3D @1250 rpm you can fly ~9-10min. --> the plank pilots always get nervous because they also wanna fly at the field *lol*

but this machine is also good for 2000rpm and speeding - this is what the heli was designed for.

just build it up. you will love it! have FUN !

btw. Canopy: i think Peter "copied" (and modified?) a henselite canopy.
maybee it will fit if there isn't a possibility to get a original Laos spare if you crash some day.
trillian likes this.
Old 04-18-2018, 10:42 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thanks so much for the info! I had a look at that thread on rc-heli-de and I saw the guy called Tom. Didn't see anything newer than about 2015 (well, someone fairly recent asking a question but not getting a reply).

It's just really nice to be in touch with another Suzi Laos owner! I have a Pyro 700-45 comp and will use a Jive 120HV. I have the power croco motor mount.

Good to hear the DFC head has worked for you. I hear different things about them. It would not be too difficult to convert to a conventional head, just a 12mm swash driver, the Align FL style grip arms and a swash that has the other two links - I have seen a few 120 degree swashes for about £30.00 ish 2nd hand.

The canopy is taller and just a bit bigger overall than the TDR but it does look like a TDR canopy can be modded - it just would lack the space underneath so it depends on how far the LiPos would need to sit for a proper balance.

My perfect scenario would be to have a spare canopy and set of gears - then I could feel really relaxed about it. But, if not I'll probably still built it up and fly it anyway.

I don't know actually if Peter is unwell or not but he didn't mention anything.

It will have an easy life with me because my flying is smooth 'slow motion 3D' , big air and a little sloppy F3C.

The only thing I am still unsure about is a pair of Zeal energy 800 blades I got a while back. They look great as they're in green and my Suzi Loas is green, but I have heard of Zeals de-laminating. (although I know people that have never had any problems with them)

I also have a pair of Align 780s so those will be fitted first. I have a set of Align DS615s and a couple set of AceRC DS1015s. I'm thinking I'll use the 615s as they're a bit faster. The AceRcs have more torque but I don't think I'll need more.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	suzi-new-blades.JPG
Views:	293
Size:	120.6 KB
ID:	743591  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in