Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite) > 300X

300X Blade 300X Helicopters Information and Help

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-09-2014, 04:02 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Joining the club!

Alright friends, I'm in. My buddy crashed his 300X for the last time. He got fed up and gave it to me. I got everything but the transmitter. I fly an old T-Rex 450 SE, a Blade SR 120, and a Blade 550X which is my go to heli. The 300X took a pretty good hit. It has a couple of stripped servos, it needs a new main shaft, tail boom, boom supports, etc. I haven't touched it yet. You all seem to have lots of experience with this little bird, and I can't wait to fly it. Should I go with stock stuff til I fly it a bit, or would I be better off getting upgrades now. And what upgrades would you all suggest?

Thanks so much for any info guys!
Advertisement

Old 08-09-2014, 06:12 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

By the sound of it you've got plenty of heli experience, so you can start with upgrades or keep it fairly stock. If you don't want the boom supports, get the Lynx carbon fiber boom, it makes it look a lot cleaner and saves a little weight. I would change the servos, but the stock are ok and cheap to replace the gears. Has it got a fame stiffner on it already, if not get one and a OWB to save the main shaft from flex related snapping. Honestly you can go crazy and make it resemble a PRO type kit or retain the plastic parts and keep it cheap for beating on. Also ditch the wooden blades and get either CF or plastics. Check the motor for vibes and any odd slop of the motor can, I replaced my motor, but it's not always needed on this one although the stock is prone to fail without notice. Welcome to the club I'm sure you'll get hooked on this heli size and all the available goodies for it.
Old 08-09-2014, 06:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Hey terryv83, thanks so much for the info, but I have a stupid question...OWB??? I think I will go with some upgrades. I'm not sure exactly what yey, but I will be following your suggestions. I know my buddy did strip his servo gears several times during crashes, and he did give me some extra gears, so I will rebuild them for now. Are you using the stock servos?

Thanks again for the info!
Old 08-09-2014, 07:16 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

One Way Bearing. No I'm not running the stock servos, but then again the only thing stock on mine is the skids.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1407586363700.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	62.8 KB
ID:	527599   Click image for larger version

Name:	1407586494028.jpg
Views:	66
Size:	72.7 KB
ID:	527600  
Old 08-09-2014, 08:36 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Time to change the skids then Thanks again!

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in