Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Blade Helicopters (eFlite)

Blade Helicopters (eFlite) Blade Helicopters (eFlite) CP, CX, mCX CX II, CX III. and others

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-23-2014, 05:34 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cman View Post
Hi

I just bought this camera and mounted in on 200Qz, I cannot seem to take videos longer then a few seconds. I tried both using my transmitter and the buttons on the side of the camera any ideas?

perhaps I should of read this first regarding what I should of done with my 50 bucks
Yes you are not alone this camera is crappy and not worth the troubles, I have used anything from a 2 gig 4 class to a 16gig class 10 and nothing works on this thing cept a little 2 gig (not sure on class) They should have delayed this POS and worked out the bugs like they did with the 200 qx. I have wasted so much money on buying micro sd's trying to find one bigger than 2 gigs. it seems strange that as Brian James stated above a comparison vid of the 720-721 soon,,,, and that was what weeks ago? Months ago? Probably cant find a card that works with it! This thread is full of people having problems with this thing, my advice take a hammer out and hit it a few times until its in bits, that's what I plan on doing! Why bother calling HH they will just send you the same POS cam with the same problems and the same "ghost image" thats present in every single cam they have!! KK rant over!!
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-23-2014, 08:01 PM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Crazy Canadian View Post
Yes you are not alone this camera is crappy and not worth the troubles, I have used anything from a 2 gig 4 class to a 16gig class 10 and nothing works on this thing cept a little 2 gig (not sure on class) They should have delayed this POS and worked out the bugs like they did with the 200 qx. I have wasted so much money on buying micro sd's trying to find one bigger than 2 gigs. it seems strange that as Brian James stated above a comparison vid of the 720-721 soon,,,, and that was what weeks ago? Months ago? Probably cant find a card that works with it! This thread is full of people having problems with this thing, my advice take a hammer out and hit it a few times until its in bits, that's what I plan on doing! Why bother calling HH they will just send you the same POS cam with the same problems and the same "ghost image" thats present in every single cam they have!! KK rant over!!
I have had luck with 2 16gb class 4 cards, it seems it wont work with anything higher or any class 10 card.
Old 07-23-2014, 09:16 PM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

WOW I am jealous!! I have not had no luck with anything besides a 2 gig(not sure what class) stick I have tried 4, 8, 16, nothing works, all class 4 except a class 10 16 gig.
Crazy Canadian is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 05:18 PM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

Do you think you can get video out from this cam?
flybyme is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-01-2014, 06:31 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I did get this camera to work, the card I used is the one that came with my Helimax 1SQ. I had to reverse a switch setting to make it work.

The picture quality if I am in a solid hover is pretty good. video quality is poor in my opion I get jello effect and it skips almost like it cannot keep up to the quad even though I am not going that fast.

but for still pictures its pretty impressive
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	PICT0010.jpg
Views:	179
Size:	88.5 KB
ID:	533194  

Blade 230S, Nano cpx, nano qx/3dqx/fpv, 200qx MCPX V2, Align Trex 250, 250 DFCplus, Trex 450 plus,Trex 500, JR Forza 450, and more I retired
Cman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-12-2015, 10:34 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

I need to bring this topic back, because I just picked up a 721 and really wish I found this thread before I bought it. Same issue, no SD card seems to work.

Brian James??? What's the story here.
ChrisFurman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-13-2015, 10:08 AM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

There are dozens of micro sd cards on the market, the quality can make a difference, as can the way that the card is formatted from the factory. We do know that these cards worked out of the box:

SanDisk Class 10 Micro 8GB SDHC Card
Kingston Digital 16 GB micro SDHC Class 10 UHS-1 Memory Card 30MB/s
Transcend 16GB Micro SDHC Class10 UHS-1 Memory Card
Old 01-13-2015, 09:57 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Welp, I took back 3 Micro SDHC that I tried out of the dozens available back to Best Buy and they had 1 SanDisk Ultra Class 10 Micro 8GB SDHC Card in stock. I purchased it, installed it and the camera is working.... FINALLY.

For a better customer experience, you guys should just include a compatible MicroSD card in the box.

I would be enamored with a future upgrade with Digital Image Stabilization and an included MicroSD card.
ChrisFurman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2015, 08:11 PM   #29 (permalink)
Registered Users

I just picked up a new Blade 180 QX HD BNF which came with an insert saying I had the new, upgraded camera (EFLA801). I bought a Sandisk 8Gb Class 10 microSD card which seems to work but the camera won't complete charging or hold a charge. I've been able to take 1 or 2 still photos and about 15 seconds of video then it shuts off.

Whether I connect the camera directly to a USB outlet plugged into a 120v household duplex outlet, a 6000 mAh Cell Phone battery charger or use the USB cable which came with the QX, it won't complete a charge. The red LED stays lit. The camera does get fairly warm.

Guess I call Horizon Monday. Shame, because we have an indoor flying session tomorrow which I wanted to use the camera.
Pipemajor is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-16-2015, 03:20 PM   #30 (permalink)
Registered Users

So is there a chance that I can exchange my two useless cameras for the new improved one? The first one would record but would disconnect from the computer after a few seconds so I couldn't get the files off of it. They sent me a replacement but it literally connects and disconnects continuously when attached to the computer.
Krinaman is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in