Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Flybarless Helicopter Systems

Flybarless Helicopter Systems CSM Cyclock, Helitronix Multi-mixer, Spartan AP2000i, Firmtronix Digimix-3, Gyrobot, SK360and AC3X

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-07-2014, 11:27 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default zyx trouble with ailerons

I've been trying to set up my blade 500 conversion and both servos move up or down together rather than left right. I'm running the zyx on my trex 450 no problems but I've been messing with this thing for hours to no avail. All the wiring is correct just not working out for me.
Advertisement

Old 09-08-2014, 07:34 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashikoman23 View Post
I've been trying to set up my blade 500 conversion and both servos move up or down together rather than left right. I'm running the zyx on my trex 450 no problems but I've been messing with this thing for hours to no avail. All the wiring is correct just not working out for me.
Launch the setup software and make sure the Monitors follow stick movements. If servos are not following stick movements, use the Servo Reverse function in your radio. If things are still whacky, use the Servo Reverse function in the software. If things are still whacky, SWAP the front (left/right) servo leads at the gyro and try again....
Oldgazer is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 12:28 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

In this case, I think you need to reverse one of your ail servos in the ZYX software.
Goblin Speed | iKon
Dr. M is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-08-2014, 05:27 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. M View Post
In this case, I think you need to reverse one of your ail servos in the ZYX software.
That's only a part of the solution. I just went through this with a V-Bar clone and a ZYX S2.

The key point is to use TX servo reverse to get the monitor display to follow stick movement. Then you go to the Servo tab. If you find a combination that works here, then you're golden. If not, then you need to physically unplug the channel 1 and channel 2 servos and swap the connections.

This afternoon I pulled a working ZYX S and replaced it with an S2. I had to swap channel 1 and channel 2.

Yesterday I got a mini K-Bar working by swapping channels 2 and 3.
Old 09-08-2014, 10:37 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users
Thread Starter Thread Starter

Thanks guys, channel 1 needed reversed in the zyx. I spent two hours switching wires and reversing in the tx. I was using the Android app and didn't even see the servo reverse buttons. They are marked + and - rather than normal or reverse. Five minutes on the laptop and my gf is making jokes about a digital bitch gauge lol. Now just need good weather for a maiden
Old 09-12-2014, 05:58 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Five minutes on the laptop and my gf is making jokes about a digital bitch gauge lol. Now just need good weather for a maiden
Now that's funny! I need to get one from my GF....

FWIW, I didn't have any issues with a ZYX S. The fun started when I switched to an S2....
Old 09-20-2014, 12:21 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have 3 ZYXS's, after setting up the first one, I mirrored the other two units and settings via the exact same setup as the first with a jig setup with spare servos, ESC and wiring harness to make life an ezz when building new builds . . . . . . . . . .thats not the case when each build uses different servos, everything changes, the reversing servo situation becomes a mountain of gggrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Glad you got it sorted
Old 10-19-2014, 10:45 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Swapping servo leads WILL mess up your piro compensation and heli will not piro level. You have to have the servos plugged in as required and check mounting orientation and then follow the software to set TX channels. If still not working then teverse servo in the software.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-19-2014, 11:10 AM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
a digital bitch gauge
Probably dont need a highly accurate gauge. Either you have bitch or no bitch. The level makes little difference.
jbilliter is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in