Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Beam > BEAM E6

BEAM E6 BEAM E6 Factory Support Forum

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-23-2012, 08:29 AM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Avantgarde

Just ordered a new kit and very eager to start the build!
Anyone got any tips or things i should look out for in the build? Also, what would be a good power system? 12s seems popular, but i'm wondering if it would be too much for my novice skills.

Mods, any chance we can get a dedicated forum or subforum for all things Avantgarde?
lowey79 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-23-2012, 09:04 AM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Avantgarde 600

Congrats on the purchase. I have been flying mine since December here in South Oz. I was advised to use loctite very sparingly and not tension the screws too tight. Otherwise it went together very well. What FBL system are you going to use? I have a BeastX bur with the AR7200BX available that is the way to go with a satellite. I am running 6S and I am fairly inexperienced. My set-up is a Scorpion 4025-1100kv, Castle 120 HV with CC Bec Pro, 5000mah Turnigy 40c packs. I fly to 3.8v and easily get 4'30". I'm running Radix 600V2 blades and Edge 92 tails.
Old 04-23-2012, 09:37 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

try to see assembly from Fabian as below:

https://www.helifreak.com/showthread.php?t=355647

My concern points:

- align center of pinion and main gear / and check a very small gap between pinion and main gear according to the manual

- main gear must move up and down a little but main shaft must not be moved.

- suitable motor is Scorpion series 4025, recommend old version 8 poles (shaft 6mm) is enough. new version is 10 poles which give more power but consume more current also. BEAM E6 is very light weight so Scorpion 4025 old version is enough. select motor KV to match with your lipo config. I recommend config 12S

- ESC, recommend Hobbywing Platinum 120A HV

- FBL control unit, BEAST X or mini Vbar

Welcome to BEAM E6 gang, you will love it

w_prasit is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 04-23-2012, 10:31 AM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

Ive got a 7200bx in me beam e4 v2 so i'll be getting another for the new bird.
The build wont start for a little while yet till i have the funds available for the rest of the needed components. So i dont have to decide on anything else just yet
Old 06-02-2012, 04:49 AM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

Talking AvantGarde Greatness!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotosmasher View Post
Congrats on the purchase. I have been flying mine since December here in South Oz. I was advised to use loctite very sparingly and not tension the screws too tight. Otherwise it went together very well. What FBL system are you going to use? I have a BeastX bur with the AR7200BX available that is the way to go with a satellite. I am running 6S and I am fairly inexperienced. My set-up is a Scorpion 4025-1100kv, Castle 120 HV with CC Bec Pro, 5000mah Turnigy 40c packs. I fly to 3.8v and easily get 4'30". I'm running Radix 600V2 blades and Edge 92 tails.
Rotosmasher, I'm Definitely purchasing this kit but need to get all the components in line. I too would love to stay with 6S high discharge Lipo packs for now so I'm looking at a setup similar to yours...hope that's alright.

With the AR7200BX, I have one that's on another kit but may I ask how you attached the satellite? I was also looking at the BeastX Microbeast with the V3 software and with that one, there's a Sat cable sold separately...same cable for use with the AR7200BX?

Thanks! Hey All, when's the AvantGarde going to get it's own sticky?
Old 06-03-2012, 02:46 AM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I still have the BeastX on mine but I am using a separate rreceiver and the satellite plugs into that. WIth the AR7200BX the satellite plugs into the middle position where the servos plug. There is a satellite connector there.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:14 AM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

Post Thanks!

Thanks! With the AR7200BX, I can add the other Sat and make it all good to go.

Pricing everything up, I'll Definitely need to stick with 6S for now. I guess it's to be expected for a 600 Class Heli, but the price of the Electronics is almost double what I've bought for my 450s...sans the FBL Controller. But then I look at a photo of the AvantGarde...and I want to pay for it all anyways, laughs.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rotosmasher View Post
I still have the BeastX on mine but I am using a separate rreceiver and the satellite plugs into that. WIth the AR7200BX the satellite plugs into the middle position where the servos plug. There is a satellite connector there.
Old 11-18-2012, 02:25 AM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well its been about 7 months since i bought the kit, lost my job. so i had to put all heli plans on hold... Finally, i've saved the money and ordered all the electronics to get this bad boy in the air.

I've got the airframe built and eagerly awaiting the delivery of the rest of my gear..

I do have a couple of concerns though...

How do you get the main grip bearings out to grease the thrust bearings without damaging them?
And i'm installing savox brushless HV servos all round, and a AR7200BX. I've heard that the beastx can't handle the high current demands of brushless HV servos. Is this correct? I was planning to run it on unregulated 2s. Is there some sort of power bus that i can get to avoid damaging my beastx?
Old 11-21-2012, 10:38 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well my parcel from amain turned up today, so it looks like I'll be busy over the weekend installing and wiring up the electronics

Stay tuned for pics...
Old 11-22-2012, 05:54 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thumbs up Great News

Awesome! I feel I also have an addiction to receiving packages from AMain, laughs!

I'm looking forward to hearing/seeing your build. My plans for building a Avantgarde are on hold as I'm not feeling ready to tackle a bigger Heli; I'll concentrate more on my 450s and 500 first.

Plus the cost of components almost triples in the 600 sized Helis...eventually I'll get there.

Hope your build and flight go Smoothly Lowey79!
Old 01-02-2013, 06:55 PM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

IT FLIES!!!!! I maidened it this morning in nice calm conditions, everything went well, with no vibes or anything strange... it just worked! Been a long project, but im glad I took my time!

Still no pics yet, I'll take some later and post them up!

Old 01-03-2013, 07:25 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

Here we go as promised

Had 3 successful flights today with a little inverted, flips, loops and piro stall turns.
pretty happy with the way it flew... a tweak on tail gain and dial 3 on my ar7200bx and it's almost perfect... good enough for my amateur skills anyhow.

Old 05-23-2013, 03:40 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Gee from the quality finish there, my guess that's not the first you've done. Noiiice, great job on the wiring harness. Looks great, i bet your proud of that one eh?
scanner62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2013, 10:17 AM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Sv: Avantgarde

Yes, that looks sweet.

And congratiolations with the succesfull maiden

Best regards
RasmusDK is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-30-2013, 04:56 AM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yeah, that was the first wiring job I did on this heli. I've since rewired it and turned the 7200bx around so the wires point forward. Don't have any pictures of that though.
Thanks for the compliments. I take a lot of time to hide my wiring, I like it to look clean.
Old 05-31-2013, 05:22 AM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by lowey79 View Post
Yeah, that was the first wiring job I did on this heli. I've since rewired it and turned the 7200bx around so the wires point forward. Don't have any pictures of that though.
Thanks for the compliments. I take a lot of time to hide my wiring, I like it to look clean.
And so it does, so it does. Does it fly the way you wanted and any updates?

Im about to receive a (slightly used) airframe/blades/cyclics setup and in a cpl weks get a Outrage motor for it, then a ESC and finally the FBL(still deciding here).

Well i hope its been as good to you as it looks and hope i can do mine justice after having seen this one. I might get a spare canopy and do a custom paint on it though(keep the original for when it becomes a hangar queen lol).

Keep it in the AIR!!!!

Regards
scanner62 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in