Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Walkera Helicopters > 4G3

4G3 Walkera 4G3 Helicopter Support

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2009, 01:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Walkera 4G6 coming soon?

Walkera 4G6 (4G3 size shaft drive micro heli) coming soon:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5B2AKk-Nnk
http://linkahwai.blogspot.com/
linkahwai is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-06-2009, 03:11 PM   #2 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

I saw a posting on another forum that it was 3 to 5 months away from release... I also heard about the Enerco 150 that was suposed to compete with the Align 250.
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 03:27 PM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Interesting, I hate the tail set up of the 4g3.
Kind of ruins it for me.

I think I'd be happy to deal with possibly stripping a shaft gear over the inevitable crash caused by loss of tail control per the current brushed tail design.
I'd even prefer it was set up like the 43b than the way it is now.
miamiheli is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-06-2009, 11:45 PM   #4 (permalink)
Registered Users

Cool, might get one.

I really think walkera has a problem, i was waiting on the enerco 500 and it never seem to be sold anywhere (prices i saw for preorder was like 1000 euro HAHAHAHA what a ripoff).
They have released about 10 new models since then!
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 12:03 PM   #5 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

is it just me, or is it nodding?
1 Corinthians 1:18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.
AtTheCross is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 08:00 PM   #6 (permalink)
Registered Users

I think Walkera is taking the "throw sh#t at the wall, and see what sticks" approach to the RC helicopter market. They just released 2 new LAMA2 models in the matter of a week. The Enerco was a bad move...jumping to the 500 class was silly. I liked the idea of the Enerco 150...I'd buy that. The 4G6 is coming...but they are being mum on the release. Definitely before the holidays, but they have a TON of tail motors to get rid of first!
Old 07-07-2009, 08:02 PM   #7 (permalink)
Registered Users

so was the 500 ever released?
helicraze is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-07-2009, 08:12 PM   #8 (permalink)
Registered Users

Yup...I'm pretty sure one or two sites in the states sold them. We never bought any...I figured it was too early for Walkera to try and sell a $900 helicopter.
Old 07-07-2009, 08:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by WalkeraUS View Post
The 4G6 is coming...but they are being mum on the release. Definitely before the holidays, but they have a TON of tail motors to get rid of first!
That shouldn't be too much of a problem, they don't last forever. Plus we'll still need some in the future for the soon to be a "beater" 4g3.

I really like the idea of the 4g6.
Old 07-19-2009, 08:19 AM   #10 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

this is awesome. i was thinking about getting a double brushless 4G3 but now ill wait for this bad boy. This will probably fly a lot more like my bigger helis. Any estimates as to how much it will cost?

Also, i dont suppose this will be compatible with spektrum radios by any chance?
jbeauvil001 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 09:01 AM   #11 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeauvil001 View Post
...i dont suppose this will be compatible with spektrum radios by any chance?
I wouldn't count on it... Luckily the 2801 is a top notch transmitter!
Steve Joblin is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 11:32 AM   #12 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

yea but that means spending more money haha
Old 07-19-2009, 01:20 PM   #13 (permalink)
Registered Users

Worse than that is I would just like to stay used to the feel of ONE remote.

That is why I will probably pick up that eflite FP (mcx size) heli if and when it becomes available.

I have gotten more used to my Walker/novus remotes than my spektrum at this point.
It is so easy to fly the indoor helis on a whim, batts are cheap, rechargers are not cumbersome. That and the fact that it rained almost all of June means that I have logged more time on the novus fp and cp than my blade or trex.

Simulator has seen far less time since the CP and flying the bigger helis outdoors is obviously easier for me now.

It would be nice if Walkera could work something out so that we could run spektrum and others could run futaba radios if they wanted.
They could be optional "upgrade" recievers and I would still buy it even if I had to buy RTF (with their radio) and then upgrade.

If they had to pay a license fee to spektrum or futaba respectively for each unit they sold, that could be built into the price of course.

Last edited by miamiheli; 07-19-2009 at 05:14 PM..
Old 07-19-2009, 02:39 PM   #14 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

that does sound like a good idea. I want a cp for indoors though. not a fp. Really wish they would spektrumize the 4G6 though
Old 07-19-2009, 03:44 PM   #15 (permalink)
Registered Users

How big is your indoor space? The 4G3 is really not a heli for the living room - it moves around FAST and needs a lot of space - imagine the 4G6 will be exactly the same. Would be like a Gaui 200 in a garage - ok you can hover around and invert if you're really good but what's the point? - far better outdoors

The 4G6 should be a lot easier to convert to Spektrum TX/RX than the 4G3 since there is no tail motor to deal with

Dusty
Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 04:08 PM   #16 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

well my indoor space isnt HUGE, but is pretty big. I just want something small that i can fool around with without having to pay so much for crashes. if i have to fly it in my back yard i will.
Old 07-19-2009, 04:49 PM   #17 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dusty1000 View Post
How big is your indoor space? - Dusty
I've had my 4g3 for 10 days now and just cleaned up my basement so I could fly down there in extremely windy days and winter of course. It's 10x10 area and I've been flying down there for about 10 packs now. Just hovering tail in. But I'm getting used to it and tuning the tx. It's a blast. I had a mcx until the 4g3 and it has helped a lot. But the 6ch usb sim is what made the biggest diff in being able to fly the 4g3 right away. So far I've chipped the blade tips and seperated the swash (just pushed it back together). I didnt' go down into the basement until I could fly in windless outdoors in a 25x25' area. Now I can hover in the basement in idle up 1 and sometimes in idle up 2. And I was flying in 5-10mph outdoors on friday. That's why I bought a nano sized heli, to fly out front of my house in a limited area. It's working out very well. I just burned up a servo yesterday and none of the Chicago area hobby shops have the walkera or novus cp replacements so I have to wait till wed probably from wowhobbies where I bought the 4g3 in the first place. Funny, wowhobbies had the 3 pack of servos for $33 + $5.40 shipping priority mail. That's the cheapest I cound find on the internet. And they are shipping from the California.
Function over ALL else
my photography http://BesPhoto.com
mikejbb is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 05:12 PM   #18 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

thats pretty much the reason i want the 4G3. i want something that can fly inside doing some basic stuff, but that will also be able to fly in my back yard. I already have a couple 450s that i can fly in a larger area. and dont get me wrong they are great fun, but i just want something i dont have to be so careful with, but will still be able to really zoom around. Would also be nice to be able to try stuff on the small CP that wont break a whole lot if i crash.
Old 07-19-2009, 06:56 PM   #19 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well you can hover the 4G3 indoors no problem but you can hover many helis indoors

For a backyard or small park the 4G3 is ideal, but you still have to set it up just like any other CP heli - if you want a fun heli for the living room that you can smash off walls etc and 90% of the time you just pick it up and fly, look no further than a 4#3B

Blade 400, mSR, mCPX - Sonix SX450SE - Walkera 1#A, 4#3, 4#3A, 4#3B, 4G3
Dusty1000 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-19-2009, 07:14 PM   #20 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikejbb View Post
I've had my 4g3 for 10 days now and just cleaned up my basement so I could fly down there in extremely windy days and winter of course. It's 10x10 area and I've been flying down there for about 10 packs now. Just hovering tail in. But I'm getting used to it and tuning the tx. It's a blast. I had a mcx until the 4g3 and it has helped a lot. But the 6ch usb sim is what made the biggest diff in being able to fly the 4g3 right away. So far I've chipped the blade tips and seperated the swash (just pushed it back together). I didnt' go down into the basement until I could fly in windless outdoors in a 25x25' area. Now I can hover in the basement in idle up 1 and sometimes in idle up 2. And I was flying in 5-10mph outdoors on friday. That's why I bought a nano sized heli, to fly out front of my house in a limited area. It's working out very well. I just burned up a servo yesterday and none of the Chicago area hobby shops have the walkera or novus cp replacements so I have to wait till wed probably from wowhobbies where I bought the 4g3 in the first place. Funny, wowhobbies had the 3 pack of servos for $33 + $5.40 shipping priority mail. That's the cheapest I cound find on the internet. And they are shipping from the California.

Hi
I have the same 4g3 as you. I also have a BMCX, but not moded. Do you have any pics of your moded bmcx, please feel free to PM me. I would like to mod mine for outdoors aswell

Thank you

Paul
walkera4g3 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in