Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Kontronik Drives

Kontronik Drives Jazz and Jive ESC's and other Kontronik equipment support

Like Tree2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-18-2014, 11:27 AM   #41 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seasick78 View Post
It'll come with everything except prog disc and whatever connector type you decide to use for the batteries (EC5, bullets, etc.).
Great! Just had to ask. Thanks, Seasick.
Advertisement

Old 03-18-2014, 12:04 PM   #42 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kosmik FAQ's

My pleasure.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:23 PM   #43 (permalink)
Registered Users

I'd recommend getting the Bluetooth module. Easier to program the kosmik with it . Just my opinion

Dave
f2000ez is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-18-2014, 08:35 PM   #44 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Kosmik FAQ's

Quote:
Originally Posted by f2000ez View Post
I'd recommend getting the Bluetooth module. Easier to program the kosmik with it . Just my opinion

Dave

Just depends on what settings you want to change (if any). Some parameters are not accessible via BT.
Old 03-19-2014, 01:56 PM   #45 (permalink)
Registered Users

And the Cool is going in my Diabolo S, where space is at a premium anyway. Probably just grab the Progdisk. Thanks!
Old 05-18-2014, 01:18 PM   #46 (permalink)
Registered Users

Ok guys this is probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyways. I'm about to build a Goblin 700 Competition and will be using the stock gear and pinion with the Scorpion 4525-520 Ultimate motor. I've read that the Kosmik is happy around 80%. I'd like to have 1900 for normal, 2100 for IU1, and 2200 for IU2. Would this be possible without having to change pinions or gearing? I've only run CC ESC's before where you set your desired headspeeds so I'm new to Kontronik and I just bought the Kosmik from HD. Thanks in advance.

Last edited by shaun.evans09; 05-18-2014 at 03:28 PM..
shaun.evans09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2014, 09:40 PM   #47 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaun.evans09 View Post
Ok guys this is probably a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyways. I'm about to build a Goblin 700 Competition and will be using the stock gear and pinion with the Scorpion 4525-520 Ultimate motor. I've read that the Kosmik is happy around 80%. I'd like to have 1900 for normal, 2100 for IU1, and 2200 for IU2. Would this be possible without having to change pinions or gearing? I've only run CC ESC's before where you set your desired headspeeds so I'm new to Kontronik and I just bought the Kosmik from HD. Thanks in advance.
yes you may have to go a little over 80% to achieve this but depending on the logs that is ok it is always a good idea to check the logs to make sure the esc is happy (hitting spikes to 100% pwm in your highest idle up)
Old 05-19-2014, 03:22 PM   #48 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
yes you may have to go a little over 80% to achieve this but depending on the logs that is ok it is always a good idea to check the logs to make sure the esc is happy (hitting spikes to 100% pwm in your highest idle up)
Thanks for the input. Does the manual that comes with the Kosmik explain what to be looking for when looking at the logs? Since this is my first Kontronik product I want to be sure I am looking at the right things and staying within the "happy zone."
shaun.evans09 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-24-2014, 10:50 AM   #49 (permalink)
Registered Users

I bought a used Kosmik 200. Can I send it somewhere to have it upgraded to the "Cool" case? If so, who do I contact and how much would something like this cost (approximately)?
NRPY is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-01-2015, 05:25 PM   #50 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

I have a Kosmik 200.

It has V3.0 software and I would liek to update to either V4.4 or V4.5.

Can I do it with my Progdisc or do I need to send it back to Kontronik to have it done?
Old 01-02-2015, 01:55 PM   #51 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yes with ProgDisk, follow the sticky on the procedure.
Old hand at Planks
Peter
Vinger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-02-2015, 05:12 PM   #52 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vinger View Post
Yes with ProgDisk, follow the sticky on the procedure.
100% guaranteed?

There are guys in Australia who have tried with V3.0 and it has bricked.
I don't want to be another statistic.

How many guys have upgraded from V3.0 to whatever version without issue.

I do have a Progdisc with the latest firmware as well.
Old 01-02-2015, 08:42 PM   #53 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by PHANTMXR6 View Post
100% guaranteed?

There are guys in Australia who have tried with V3.0 and it has bricked.
I don't want to be another statistic.

How many guys have upgraded from V3.0 to whatever version without issue.

I do have a Progdisc with the latest firmware as well.
You will only brick it if you interrupt the update process. If the lights are still blinking on the program disc it is still going. Until it says done on the update do not stop it.
Old 01-02-2015, 10:12 PM   #54 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

Thanks mate. I'll give it a crack.
Old 01-03-2015, 02:48 AM   #55 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Smile

All sorted.
One from V3.0 to V4.4 and the other from V4.0 to V4.4.

Thanks for the step by step process EEngineer.
Old 02-15-2015, 12:58 PM   #56 (permalink)
Registered Users

Kosmik 160. The SD card is being filled with .DAT files and the Error file but the .DAT files are empty.(0kb) Is this just 'cos it doesn't like the card? It has been formatted with SDFormatter. Also, on a scale of 1 to 10, how likely am I to get a shutdown at 1600 rpm on a 'running in' Urukay? All perameters normal on Telemetry. Thanks
buttles is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 07:22 PM   #57 (permalink)
Registered Users

I have two Kosmik 160's that I am using the BEC function also. Other than this, I have always used a separate 2S battery for my receivers. The two helis using the Kosmik BEC helis work great and are less hassle than my others with separate batteries.

I am rewiring my receivers as I'm switching from Spektrum to Jeti. I'm leaving my Castle ESC's the way they were with the 2s battery setup as I'm not so confident in the Castle ESC's. I have a Heli Jive on another heli that I want to eliminate the 2S setup and just use the Jive BEC.

What does it mean in the Manual when it states " For safety reasons a four cell NICd/NIMH battery must be connected to the receiver in parallel to the BEC?
Thanks,
Guy
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
guyguerra is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-20-2015, 08:53 PM   #58 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyguerra View Post
I have two Kosmik 160's that I am using the BEC function also. Other than this, I have always used a separate 2S battery for my receivers. The two helis using the Kosmik BEC helis work great and are less hassle than my others with separate batteries.

I am rewiring my receivers as I'm switching from Spektrum to Jeti. I'm leaving my Castle ESC's the way they were with the 2s battery setup as I'm not so confident in the Castle ESC's. I have a Heli Jive on another heli that I want to eliminate the 2S setup and just use the Jive BEC.

What does it mean in the Manual when it states " For safety reasons a four cell NICd/NIMH battery must be connected to the receiver in parallel to the BEC?
Thanks,
Guy
a buffer pack is recommended but not required in the case of a failure either main packs coming un-plugged or failing or the bec failing. If you were using a 2s lipo before the helijive bec does not output the same voltage it is a low voltage bec and not meant for use with HV servos.It will work but the servos will draw more amps.
Old 02-21-2015, 06:57 PM   #59 (permalink)
Registered Users

I am using Optipower Ultra-gaurds on the two helis that use the ESC's BEC and am feeling that it is a safe setup. Would that be the consensus? As to the one I am rebuilding from a wreck it seems, from your comments, that I am still better off with putting it back together the way it was with the separate 2S battery. I'll do that, I was just getting spoiled with the other two as I don't have to charge and monitor the 2S batts. I appreciate your help again.
Thanks,
Guy
Logo 800 // Logo 700 12S/14S// Logo 690 // Logo 400 // Mostro 700E's// Whiplash 700E// Gaui NX7 // Gaui NX4 // Gaui X4 // Gaui X3 //Goblin 570 // Trex 250 // TBS Discovery /Naza M2 // Jeti DS-16 // V Control // Jlog // BD3SX// VBar Neo// Lifetime AMA
Old 05-31-2015, 10:32 AM   #60 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wh1teAfr1can View Post
I would not crimp them solder only. you only crimp wires that have lots of strands. the wire guage and small number of strands (2) is VERY bad for crimping.
I was researching a more compact way to connect a Kosmik ESC to a motor, and see that it was addressed here. There was a request for any pictures of this, which would be helpful. I haven't seen any in the thread and am hopeful someone can post one, just as a reference.
Secondly, Avant is showing a kit for this type of tight, vertical wire connection. Outside of the benifit of having the detachable connectors on the Avant kit, are there any opinions about a directly soldered wire haveing the same conductive and structural qualities as these Avant connectors? I can not locate an in stock Avant connector, and do not want to wait until one is available.
If anyone can post a picture it may make the first one go easier for me.
Thanks,
Guy
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	380
Size:	77.1 KB
ID:	588601  

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in