Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Electronics Support > Skookum Robotics

Skookum Robotics Skookum Robotics SK-360 SK-540 & SK-720 Digital Flybar

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-03-2012, 11:03 PM   #21 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Yea, compare to Skookum, the HeliCommand really seem so outdated. They have lot of catch up to do if they want to compete with SK. But on the other hand, there are always some fan boy who would swear up and down saying how much better their HeliCommands are.
Advertisement

Old 12-04-2012, 12:33 AM   #22 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wesley888 View Post
Yea, compare to Skookum, the HeliCommand really seem so outdated. They have lot of catch up to do if they want to compete with SK. But on the other hand, there are always some fan boy who would swear up and down saying how much better their HeliCommands are.
So, you are telling me that the Sk720 has a better bail out than the Hc3SX? Now that is funny

Also, sorry if I shot off topic. I am happy for anyone getting the new GPS and hope it works great for you. I will see how the reviews are once there are a few in the air.
SMOKEMASTER60 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-04-2012, 03:10 AM   #23 (permalink)
Registered Users

That actually IS funny..
I am a Skookum fanboy, looking over the steep prices and vapour ware issues, still believing in it and having a black one on pre-order, but the HC3SX bailout works much better and more efficiently.
Because it doesn't need you think or tricks you into false collective input.
It also only need to rotate to the nearest horizontal level and does the rest for you.
Sorry, but there is no arguing in this matter...
I am not getting the HC3SX because I have the LCD panel and love to change my setup on the field, the HC does not support that, you need a laptop.
Also it has no logging or vibration analyse, so you could fly a lawnmower with it, which might be comfortable at first but at one point will shake it appart.
But the bail out ? Wins hands down.
We are talking milliseconds here, I cant react that fast in a panic situation. I need automatic collective and the right one.
ArguZ is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 04:44 AM   #24 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location

Ordered mine today.
If it works as advertised, that will be the beginning of a new world : stress will go from 90 to 10
fr92Furtif is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 04:12 PM   #25 (permalink)
Registered Users

I ordered mine a "while" ago and I cannot believe, that there is not more info coming from Skookum?! I mean, if you are selling a product, you should have more info like manuals, video and such available?! Anyhow, I am gonna be getting one of the first shipment that goes out and cant wait, to turn my Protos 500 into a real-time SIM, ha ha.

thanks,

G
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-22-2012, 07:21 PM   #26 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by neavissa View Post
I ordered mine a "while" ago and I cannot believe, that there is not more info coming from Skookum?! I mean, if you are selling a product, you should have more info like manuals, video and such available?! Anyhow, I am gonna be getting one of the first shipment that goes out and cant wait, to turn my Protos 500 into a real-time SIM, ha ha.

thanks,

G
So you finally bit the bullet hey!? I distinctly remember you bashing the GPS in other threads, saying its the last thing you'd ever buy....

Good work on getting one though, as if it does half of what its supposed to, it's going to be one sweeeeet bit of kit. I've also purchased one, and really can't wait for its arrival. It'll hopefully revolutionise the beginner pilots entry into 3D (me!). It will mean i can bang sticks around like the pro's and not worry about my baby ending up in 1000 pieces!

I think its going to be a real turning point in the hobby, with the fact that you can almost SIM with a real bird. That stick time and experience is stuff you can never learn behind a computer. That and i may let my novice brother get behind the sticks of my 630 without shitting myself

Yeah i know skookum have been a little lacking in updates and the likes, but as others have mentioned; I really think they are working night and day to try and get this thing released. PR always takes a dive when the primary focus is trying to get the product to market. I think they realise that it'll prob either make or break them as a company - due to the amount of other products of theirs that have suffered so development could go ahead (stoppage of current 720's, new 720 on hold until finished etc.) So they know they've really got to come up with the goods when this goes live...

In saying that, i'm ok with the fact that they're been a bit slack - as based on Skook's previous products and reputation, i'll know i'll get a good product.

Regards,

Rob
Goblin 700 - HPS, 4530-500, SK720 & GPS, MKS HBL 950's/980, ICE2 160HV
demon1300 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 02:37 PM   #27 (permalink)
Registered Users

Quote:
Originally Posted by demon1300 View Post
So you finally bit the bullet hey!? I distinctly remember you bashing the GPS in other threads, saying its the last thing you'd ever buy....
Well, I wasn't bashing the GPS rather than bitching about the price! Just because I got one, doesn't mean I changed my mind, ha ha. Still think the price is a joke!

Quote:
Good work on getting one though, as if it does half of what its supposed to, it's going to be one sweeeeet bit of kit. I've also purchased one, and really can't wait for its arrival. It'll hopefully revolutionize the beginner pilots entry into 3D (me!). It will mean i can bang sticks around like the pro's and not worry about my baby ending up in 1000 pieces!
Totally agree and that is actually one of the reasons, I got it! It is overpriced, no matter what, but if it saves me from crashing, it will save me from spending time rebuilding my machine, that I rather spend with my family!!! And like you said, it will make it way easier to practice 3D and not having to be scared you will crash!

Quote:
I think its going to be a real turning point in the hobby, with the fact that you can almost SIM with a real bird. That stick time and experience is stuff you can never learn behind a computer. That and i may let my novice brother get behind the sticks of my 630 without shitting myself
Totally agree!

Quote:
Yeah i know skookum have been a little lacking in updates and the likes, but as others have mentioned; I really think they are working night and day to try and get this thing released. PR always takes a dive when the primary focus is trying to get the product to market. I think they realize that it'll prob either make or break them as a company - due to the amount of other products of theirs that have suffered so development could go ahead (stoppage of current 720's, new 720 on hold until finished etc.) So they know they've really got to come up with the goods when this goes live...
I am a business owner myself and I totally understand where they are coming from! At the same time, they need to feel the pressure! After all, they made plenty of mistakes announcing something, when it clearly was not ready, and that is not cool!

Quote:
In saying that, i'm ok with the fact that they're been a bit slack - as based on Skook's previous products and reputation, i'll know i'll get a good product.
Well, we are about to find out! LOL

thanks,

Georgios
neavissa is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2012, 06:01 PM   #28 (permalink)
Registered Users

Well said....

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in