Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > Multi Rotor Support > Flight Controllers (NAZA, Wookong, A2, etc...) > DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM) DJI Multirotor Forum(A2/WKM)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-25-2013, 05:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

Default Just sharing an cable idea for AVL58, iOSD Mini and ZenMuse

Hi!

I have just bought a DJI F550 with almost all DJI accessories you can buy! Tomorrow I will have the maiden of it.. I hope it will go well! ;-)

Yesterday I was struggling with getting the iOSD mini information into the videostream. I must say the documentation isn't revealing to much. I thought since I had bought everything from DJI, that it would be plug and play.

After some struggling and googling, I discovered a litle information that some people modifies the original cable connecting the AVL58 and the ZenMuse. What I saw was that people cuts the AVL58 cable and solders that cable with the cable from the iOSD mini in some way...

I thought of another idea that I wanted to share, that doesn't involve cutting any cable's, and makes me able to disconnect everything if I want in the future without having to cut any cables.

I just bought a male and a female 3.5mm stereo plugs. Connecting Ground to the upper part of the plug and the video stream to the middle part of the plug.

This way, I can connect the iOSD Mini to the Zenmuse by just plugging in the 3.5mm male into the ZenMuse and then connect the female part of the iOSD Mini cable to the AVL58! Then I'm done!

I supply a picture of it here bellow. I have put on some cable sleeves to make it more reliable and good looking...

Last edited by Bob O; 12-25-2013 at 10:32 PM..
chla1 is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in