Fun, Learning, Friendship and Mutual Respect START  HERE

Unregistered
Go Back   HeliFreak > R/C Helicopter Support > Scale Helicopters > Fuselage Forum

Fuselage Forum Fuselage Discussion

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-10-2013, 05:11 PM   #1 (permalink)
Registered Users

My HF Map location
Default 550/.30 size AS350 Ecureuil fuselage suppliers?

The FunKey/Century Twinstar appears to be very SEMI-scale and in any case is the twin-engine version. I haven't seen other suppliers of this sized fuselage. I know 600 size is more the standard but that will be difficult to transport in my vehicle!

Are there other suppliers? - and I'm looking for an unpainted version.

Thanks.
Advertisement

Old 05-10-2013, 11:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
HF Scale Support

That's it. The .30 size from Century is the smallest large scale 350 there is. There may be a 500 size still around and the 470 and 450 size but that's about it. From there, they are all much larger with the 600 Century being the standard in 600 size. Marvel makes a 700 size, as does TF but now you are getting into a very large body. It may seem like it is too large but if this helps with size, if you can put 10 inches in front of your Ranger while it is in the car, the Century AS350 will fit. I remove one blade and fold the others back. I don't even do that with my TOW Defender, as it is well short enough to allow all blades to remain attached but folded in a standard storage position. The blade sticking out in front of the 350 is just too much to fit in the elevators we have here yet the TD is no problem. Go figure. Hope this helps.

Don
Keyrigger is offline        Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-11-2013, 12:00 AM   #3 (permalink)
Registered Users

Thread Starter Thread Starter

My HF Map location

Thanks Don. I looked closer at the measurements, and the 600 size AS350 would fit in my car with the nose section off. The good thing about the 600 size is that there are lots of scale accessories made for that size.
I'd almost certainly stretch a TRex 550, purchased "no electronics" for the mechanics in a 600 size. My other temptations would be an A109 or Bell 222 in the 550 size.
Still dreaming at this stage because I don't think I can justify a new scale project (almost certainly I'd custom paint it) at this stage due to lack of time.

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the HeliFreak forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your REAL and WORKING email address and other required details in the form below.
User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.
Password:
Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself. Use a real email address or you will not be granted access to the site. Thank you.
Email Address:
Where do you live? ie: Country, State, City or General Geographic Location please.
Name and Lastname
Enter name and last name here. (This information is not shown to the general public. Optional)
Helicopter #1
Enter Helicopter #1 type and equipment.
Helicopter #2
Enter Helicopter #2 type and equipment.
Helicopter #3
Enter Helicopter #3 type and equipment.
Helicopter #4
Enter Helicopter #4 type and equipment.

Log-in